The Famous Saving Mana in Dungeons Thread!

87 Pandaren Priest
Here let us healers list our ideas with out classes for conserving Mana in a single encounter.

My first one would be using bubbles to take up time as the DPS does its job. For a disc priest using Spirit Shell, followed by a Prayer of Healing. Although you cant bring everyone back up to full HP this will cause a nice Delay of damage to the party as your mana will nat regen. This is a real scrape down to the bottom of the mana well tactic.

Anyone else? Keep it coming.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Don't cast spells.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
/thread
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I miss the 5 second rule. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/18/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Gruklaar

Seconded.

Ways to save mana... hmmm... Well, I tend to let people who derp die. If it's the tank that's draining my mana, then I usually just stop caring and let 'em die.

If you can make my mana drop below 200k and aren't pulling entire rooms, you deserve to die. <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
not heal
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If mana were running out, I'd probably start by using Mind Sear less.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Um. I don't really worry about mana until I don't have any.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Best way to save mana is to know the fights (the in-game Dungeon Journal, as well as icy-veins.com, are your friends). If you know which abilities will do the most damage to the group, you know when to pop your big heals/cooldowns.

Dispel dispel dispel. Keep stuff dispelled off of your group, and you won't have to heal them as much.

For classes who can interrupt while in heal spec, like shamans, taking it upon yourself to interrupt abilities which are supposed to be interrupted can save a HUGE amount of mana (the best example of this which springs to mind is last boss in Shado-pan Monastery; interrupt Rising Hate and save yourself a TON of healing).
Edited by Ellarix on 2/18/2013 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use holy light almost exclusively with holy shock on cd. With holy light costing 7,560 and healing for 35k-40k (or 70-80k on crit) plus beacon of light, it is capable of healing 70-80k normal or 140k-160k on crit. Eternal flame is a pretty good heal too. High number + dot, and if it procs divine purpose, I can put it on another member and then the dot will heal the BoL target too. Get enough dots going and it's a steady stream of heals.

I don't heal stupid. If I find someone going down too fast for holy light, I don't bother spending the time, mana, or holy power to keep them up. 1st time they die, I'll rez and say "Stay out of the fire." 2nd time they can walk back. Eventually they'll learn.

I don't like to aoe too much with holy radiance (it's expensive) I'd rather pop guardian of the ancient kings, use greater heal on the tank, and let 10% of it heal the people around the target. Then light of dawn is pretty good too for aoe.

I only have 10k regen in combat, but I survive pretty well in heroics and lfr.

Edit- And I use divine plea on cooldown, generally after I fall below 80% mana. 12% mana every two minutes. In a 10 minute encounter, I can get an extra 60% mana.
Edited by Jenzee on 2/18/2013 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Bulbz: You realize that casting those shields costs mana, correct? In fact, using SS+PoH on the group may result in completely wasted mana if the shield is barely touched.

:/
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Serpent Statue
jab jab jab jab -> black out kick, black out kick
jab -> tiger palm
reply buffs when needed
drink mana tea every CD.

Cha-Ching
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Refuse to Heal Stupid. Best way to conserve mana. If someone is standing in something and either Riptide or Healing Rain wont keep them up, they deserve to die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Melee is your friend. Best way to conserve mana is to regen it constantly. Keep yourself topped off.

You can't fix stupid, you can manage your own resources.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
/p "Use your potions, I'm gonna go afk for a bit"
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest

Seconded.

Ways to save mana... hmmm... Well, I tend to let people who derp die.

u can cause a wipe doing that, or cause the fight to drag on too long and run your mana dry by healing like that.

do as I do, toss a heal or 2 and if they keep screwing up and costing u precious mana put them on the bottom of your priority list for heals... but never, NEVER, be a d!ck and refuse to heal.

It only makes u look bad as a healer.
Edited by Loghaine on 2/19/2013 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis a Shadow Priest.

Leap of Faith people out of the stupid.

Wish that Entangling Roots worked on friendly targets, as the people run back into the stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I let dps die so I only have to cast a mass rez.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
As a shaman:
-HST as resto can do like half the healing necessary on everything but the nastiest trash. Learn to let it work when appropriate, don't snipe your own totem.
-Capacitor Totem+Totem Teleport, Primal Earth Ele, Wind Shear, Hex (for those mobs that didn't get in the AoE pile)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/20/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Pitkanen
-Capacitor Totem+Totem Teleport, Primal Earth Ele, Wind Shear, Hex (for those mobs that didn't get in the AoE pile)

Yeah, Wind Shear/Hex/Bind Elemental can make a huge difference to a pull that's not being handled well.

When I realized that if the tank is tanking a bunch of things in one spot, but no one can deal with the caster mob standing off to the side... unless I Wind Shear it to interrupt it so it's AI causes it to run in to <snicker> melee...

And if it's me that it's beating on, instead of the tank, and I Wind Shear it, I just run it over to the tank and presto. Problem solved.
Edited by Ellarix on 2/20/2013 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]