The Famous Saving Mana in Dungeons Thread!

90 Human Priest
BANDAGES!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ways to save mana... hmmm... Well, I tend to let people who derp die. If it's the tank that's draining my mana, then I usually just stop caring and let 'em die.

If you can make my mana drop below 200k and aren't pulling entire rooms, you deserve to die. <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/19/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Loghaine

Seconded.

Ways to save mana... hmmm... Well, I tend to let people who derp die.

u can cause a wipe doing that, or cause the fight to drag on too long and run your mana dry by healing like that.

do as I do, toss a heal or 2 and if they keep screwing up and costing u precious mana put them on the bottom of your priority list for heals... but never, NEVER, be a d!ck and refuse to heal.

It only makes u look bad as a healer.

You completely misunderstand. The only way that anyone in my group will ever NOT get healing is if they're a massive mana dump. I atonement heal far too much for them not to soak up a few heals. Now, if 3 people are taking tank level damage, !@#$ the dps, I'm healing the tank. I may be a !!%@@##%, but the only way people learn is by dying.

If you cater to a dps and keep them alive, even by a margin, when they are purposefully being an idiot, you are adding to the decline of the game.

Imagine, if you will, a dungeon encounter. The boss has big scary pools of doom with giant undead hands reaching out of it and a big sign over the top that says "BAD". Some dps decides to trolol and act like Michael Jackson dancing the thriller in it. Now, far, far away, you know, 20 yds away, the tank is taking a moderate level of damage and the other non-idiot dps are taking aura damage that's unavoidable. Is it alright for you to waste your time and the rest of the group's by healing that one idiot and neglecting the rest?

No. It's not. What I'm saying is %^-* that guy, he'd better learn some manners or he's going to move on to do the exact same thing to other healers with the mentality of "I'm a special snowflake, so I can do what I want and the healer will keep me alive." You're hurting future healers who have to deal with him, future tanks that will think it's their fault he died, and allowing him to give dps as a whole a bad name. But, by all means, keep healing them just because it makes the run faster.

There's a difference between being new and being careless. It's easy to tell which is which.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
"Mindbender, I choose you!"

*cough*

on a more serious note though, if people are being stubborn about not getting out of the crap, refusing to stack, or other exploits demonstrating darwinism at it's finest - they die.

I'm not running to the rescue because they're standing out of range and refusing to stack after the tank has called for it, AND the built in warnings are throwing up large font text saying "STACK NOW!"

So I don't mean someone oopsing and me just going "nah, I don't feel like healing 'em." Mistakes, I'll do what I can to salvage. "I'm too good to execute mechanics and am ignoring you," not so much.

I will add, there have been rare circumstances when I have saved dps over the tank - when the TANK refused to get out of corrosive pools of bad and stood laughing... we survived, and he got to run back. VERY rare that happens, but standing in avoidable stuff deliberately doesn't vote you "most likely to succeed" by most healers...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/22/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Shankari
"Mindbender, I choose you!"

If they put in a minor glyph for every class that summons pets that make them come out of and go into pokeballs... The game would be so much more fun. Doomguard! I choose you!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/22/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Shankari
I will add, there have been rare circumstances when I have saved dps over the tank - when the TANK refused to get out of corrosive pools of bad and stood laughing... we survived, and he got to run back. VERY rare that happens, but standing in avoidable stuff deliberately doesn't vote you "most likely to succeed" by most healers...

Agreed.

A determined healer of any level who has a couple of tricks up their sleeve can keep a half-alert dps alive to tank a fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]