Gnome Reroll w/Full Heirloooms

90 Human Paladin
Because Gnomes are forever my passion... should I go Mage, Priest, or Warlock???
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Yes, Gnomes are the greatest!!!

But to answer:
Depends, kind of an to each their own.

My personal take though:
Mage: For the most part mages are fun except for those....(/fights down curses)...level 90 talents, which should all die horrible, horrible deaths. If you are not going to try and seriously progress you can get away with mostly ignoring them, so you will probably have fun. If you are after serious progression, you will have moments with more then a little frustration.

Lock: Fun class. Never really took off for me, but I have had one as an alt since vanilla. MoP, they are the best they have ever been. Lots of variety. A very strong class. For me the play style never really fit, but they are in a good place.

Priest: Meh, I hate (truly hate) healing. So wont speak to holy/disc. Shadow is just rather boring to me. I know people who love them. I am just not one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think that narrows it down to lock or mages, I've tried shadow priest on my other chars in dungeons and it does seem extremely boring... :x

What are the pros and cons of mage/locks?
For me I'm leaning towards mages cause of ports and conjure spells... those seem extremely convenient...

But again I'm looking for the best dps for a first time raider when I do hit end game.. :) Thanks
Edited by Pìggie on 2/19/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Both are competitive dps specs for raiding. Its gonna boil down more to what you enjoy.

Lock's top dps spec atm is affliction which is dots and channeling. Its one of my favorite classes as of this expac. They have a level 90 talent which allows them to cast anything on the run. That seriously ruined other casters for me.

Mages are not my cup of tea. Lots of mages seem to complain of their level 90 talents as well. They are very competitive though and many are die hard mages.

Again, its gonna be about what you enjoy. And neither will give you a full taste of raiding with them until you hit 90 with their full toolkits. You could actually sign up and play both at 90 on the ptr till it closes. If you are totally new to endgame that might not really give you much of an idea though.
Reply Quote
warlock, its the best gnome class other than a gnome rogue with pigtails
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
It really depends what you want to do with the toon. PVP priest or mage is going to be better than lock. Mages get pretty solid pvp toolkits and are expected to kill stuff/cc. Priests (shadow or disc) are expected to do alot of utility stuff (mass dispel, offheal, grips, etc)

PVE locks are solid and 5.2 looks like the specs will be closer than they are now where its basically aff or go home. The mobile casting (for a 30% run speed penalty) is nice...makes the class that must cast all the time feel more mobile. If you played a hunter and liked it lock may be for you.

Spriest gets the groovy double dip on cloth gear plus you can que as a healer for super fast ques.

As has been mentioned try all 3x on the ptr and see how you enjoy them with their full toolkits. Do more than just test dummies!
Reply Quote
Gnome DK best DK
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Death Knight
02/22/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Creamo
Gnome DK best DK

Agreed. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)