Hi Sentinels!

90 Human Paladin
Just though I'd share this thread on the General Forums with everyone:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864486403

I'd like to remind everyone that we are the WoW community, we are the ones that make WoW what it is today. Often times, the higher leveled players of WoW are the ones that can make a new player stay or quit.

On a side note... How was your day my fellow realm mates? ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I wanted to try to make a positive post in regards to the WoW community.

Unfortunately, while there are a handful of really great people to be found and any number of different variations on them, I have a rather negative view towards the community in general.

Why is that? Because every time I enter a Raid Finder there will always be one person that is used as a scapegoat for anything and everything that goes wrong. Because despite the fact that there are a great many good stories about people in Warcraft, most of the time I find people are not so keen to follow those examples. Because when you enter certain aspects of the game, it is all too easy for people to become quick to judge others by things like gear and rating. Because it is all too easy for someone to be targeted by a server.

And while I understand that there will always be exceptions, there are far too many cases of people who are unable to treat others with even the slightest bit of courtesy. There is a healer who isn't doing an expected amount of healing? Obviously we should yell at that person, demand that they do better as if what was stopping them from meeting their expectations was that they weren't being yelled at enough, and then if they continue to fail to meet our expectations we should either remove them from the group or treat them like they don't have the right to be doing the same content as you.

Not only does it happen daily, it happens constantly. It's just one of the flaws of the community and a part of who humans are as a race. We are cruel and we are often quick to express that cruelty when in an environment like World of Warcraft.

I want to say that it is great when people rise above that, but you don't reward people for not acting like jerks. It should be expected. When we are able to expect people to not act like jerks in the WoW community, then I'll be proud to express myself as a part of that community.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Unrelatedly, I just had bulgogi for dinner. It was delicious, and the leftovers still tempt me from within the 'frige. I want more, but I know I need to limit myself. Truly, this is the greatest test of wills there ever was.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/20/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Sinlinara
Unrelatedly, I just had bulgogi for dinner.

Dare I ask what that is??

I see what you're saying, I think everyone is aware that the WoW community is flawed. Personally, I've never actually done real raids before so I haven't experienced the name calling that occurs there, although it happens occasionally in randoms.

On a good note, I just finished ~3 or 4 dungeons with the dungeon finder and I was actually really happy with what happened (Everyone communicated well, we helped each other with the quests, and even had a good amount of gnome jokes!) ^_^ I had a good time... the first time in awhile, gives me hope haha.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgogi

I'm mad at Sin now. According to that wiki page: "It is listed at number 23 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll compiled by CNN Go in 2011."

So I looked at that article, and pizza wasn't on the list. At all.

So I'm mad at Sin because of an unrelated article linked from wikipedia on something she ate 2 days ago. THE PIZZA GODS ARE NOT PLEASED.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It is okay Silver, Pizza is number one on my list.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'm mad at Sin now. According to that wiki page: "It is listed at number 23 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll compiled by CNN Go in 2011."

That poll is inaccurate. The things that are the most popular or that people know about more are higher up on the list because people know what that is and what it tastes like.

Bulgogi is easily in the top 10.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Bulgogi is still the best. And hello again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]