monk class is horrible in PTR

90 Human Monk
i heard it and didnt beliebe, but now i tested it and saw it, monk class is absolutelly horrible in the PTR in terms of pvp. neither ring of peace nor nimble brew doesnt help, the class is literally at the floor...

and no, i refuse to play rogue, they are very OP with their automatic ambush-shadow step fusion, but that class is overrated and boring.

all the leveling to level 90 of my monk was a complete waste of time... thanks blizzard for wasting my time...

thanks...

maybe is time to cancel, after all, i have a lot of work.
Edited by Arturovaalle on 2/20/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Please. I beg of you... quit. Quit so I don't have to even see another one of your posts that complain about how awful something is, but doesn't provide relevant feedback of any kind.

OR... and this is a whacky, crazy thought...

Share with us WHY it's so awful. What issues RoP and NB actually have and why they don't work at all. I would treat you with much more respect if you came in here armed with some facts and points that spell out what is awful about it.

When you come in with what essentially is whining, baseless complaints and a hair-flip, you basically create the perfect trifecta of a bad post.
Edited by Ro on 2/20/2013 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
63 Human Monk
Monks aren't horrible in PvP dude...at least WW isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

Share with us WHY it's so awful. What issues RoP and NB actually have and why they don't work at all. I would treat you with much more respect if you came in here armed with some facts and points that spell out what is awful about it.

When you come in with what essentially is whining, baseless complaints and a hair-flip, you basically create the perfect trifecta of a bad post.

i used to think exactly like you... with the last changes, there is no survivality, go to PTR...
Edited by Arturovaalle on 2/20/2013 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Although it wasn't explicitly stated, I think they intended RoP to be a mistweaver tool. In its current nerfed state, it will be very useful for MW preventing a kill, but it was going to be hard to legitimize picking it up over leg sweep for WW (except for RBG utilities/arena comps where stun DR is an issue).

I'm not sure if you copied your character over or grabbed a premade, but monks actually don't feel that bad once you have gear. At least grind out the malevolent honor gear the first week after patch and give it another try for a few weeks. You might like it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

i used to think exactly like you... with the last changes, there is no survivality, go to PTR...

I notice you're still not sharing anything of a relevant nature...

Look, here's the thing: You have absolutely no Arena or RBG experience on your monk to speak of. You're gear is fairly craptacular (no offense, sorry... but comparatively, it is.) and I am more than willing to bet that the vast majority of your pvp experience has come from random mass group world PVP or normal BGs.

That's not a very complex resume of PVP as a monk.

So, you pop on the PTR and try the monk out where things are still being tested & some classes are OP and nothing is in a consistent state and your feedback is essentially "PTR PVP broken. Monks suck. I quit."

That's not helpful to anyone else in terms of understanding WHY they might suck or WHY their survive-ability is broken. It's a hair flip. And serves no purpose other than to make yourself feel better.

Don't whine. Contribute.
Edited by Ro on 2/20/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
I'm not very experienced with windwalker, but from everything I know, what Ro is saying is quite accurate. First of all, windwalker is getting big buffs in 5.2. While it's acceptable to still think it's weak in PvP, it is undoubtedly much improved from live. Their damage is much higher, and their build up time for their "burst" (TEB) is much lower. TEB gives a lot more per stack.

Their CC is drastically improved with deadly reach being baseline, and now it can be glyphed to remove DoTs as requested. Paralysis is also physical now, and cannot be dispelled.

They can escape CC chains much more effectively with nimble brew. Their mobility is still incredibly good. Use your extra trinket to escape the CC, and run away when you are being focused. WWs aren't tough plate classes than stand and face every opponent head on. If you play like that, no wonder you struggle.

Xuen is smarter at his targeting now. They no longer have to sacrifice damage for their healing. If they were using chi wave frequently before, their healing will be reduced, but I bet that few windwalkers actually used chi wave on CD. In 5.2 they can without hesitation. I bet their overall healing will go up considerably.

Touch of karma, their panic button, will now be reliably available, rather than you realizing you need it, then having to generate some chi for it. By that time you may be dead. Tigers lust becomes a much better utility ability. Help your healer out by letting him sprint behind cover. The chi cost always gimped it a little bit before. Made it harder to use.

Charging ox wave becomes a great gap closer for those who struggle to stay on target. (A common complaint on these forums.) Dampen harm can be used while stunned and you can have 50% uptime on it. Use it while deep frozen to stop those ultra high mage crits.

Yeah. No class got buffed in 5.2 anything close to like the windwalker monk. They got vastly improved, and yet, even in 5.1 the exceptionally skilled made them viable. In 5.2 even the mediocre players should be able to kick !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/20/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Elstarin
what Ro is saying is quite accurate

I didn't really say anything except the OP needed to provide some clarity as to why he thought monks sucked.

But thank you for backing me up anyway. :)

Also... thank you for providing some clear feedback as to what is working better for 5.2 as opposed to what is live.

See OP? This is what is called USEFUL feedback. And had you outlined your issues with the monk class and why you feel they are broken with this level of explanation, I might have actually respected what you had to say and opened a dialogue with you.
Edited by Ro on 2/20/2013 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
Wrong thread. No idea how that happened! Sorry!
Edited by Elstarin on 2/20/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yea I didnt read the above post but I might when I get a little bit more bored. Buttt to the OP Go re roll another game. If you are looking for a FoTM class the play a FoTM class. Monk is one of the highest skill cap classes in game to be good at. Monks are not bad currently and are not bad on PTR.
Edited by Cuongi on 2/20/2013 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why is it the first person to respond to someone who questions the problems with ww in pvp always says in general: "Go away you are just bad. Monks are great right now. I own" Then you go look up the toon to see how it is doing in pvp there is no record for rbg or arena. Show that you can do well playing the class in pvp before you attack others who bring up actual issues.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I notice you're still not sharing anything of a relevant nature...

Look, here's the thing: You have absolutely no Arena or RBG experience on your monk to speak of. You're gear is fairly craptacular (no offense, sorry... but comparatively, it is.) and I am more than willing to bet that the vast majority of your pvp experience has come from random mass group world PVP or normal BGs.

That's not a very complex resume of PVP as a monk.

So, you pop on the PTR and try the monk out where things are still being tested & some classes are OP and nothing is in a consistent state and your feedback is essentially "PTR PVP broken. Monks suck. I quit."

That's not helpful to anyone else in terms of understanding WHY they might suck or WHY their survive-ability is broken. It's a hair flip. And serves no purpose other than to make yourself feel better.

Don't whine. Contribute.

And where is your experience? You have no RBG or arena listed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/22/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Soldeus
Why is it the first person to respond to someone who questions the problems with ww in pvp always says in general: "Go away you are just bad. Monks are great right now. I own" Then you go look up the toon to see how it is doing in pvp there is no record for rbg or arena. Show that you can do well playing the class in pvp before you attack others who bring up actual issues.

02/22/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Soldeus
And where is your experience? You have no RBG or arena listed

Ro never stated that they had PvP experience throughout any of their posts in this thread. They were just saying that before someone comes on the public forums and posts about how horrible monks are and wanting to quit, that they should give a reason why other then "just because". I completely agree with them.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Arturovaalle
i heard it and didnt beliebe

stopped reading there

02/20/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Arturovaalle
beliebe

beliebe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Play classes because they're fun. If you aren't having fun in PVP with a Monk, then try another class. If people would stop wallowing in misery because a class they leveled isn't OP and just play the class they love, this game would be better for it. More diverse races, classes and experiences. Instead?

"Monk sucks" *

checks PTR notes, checks forums, checks youtube video*

*rolls Warrior to 90*

*patch 5.2 hits week later, Warrior nerfs take effect*

"Warrior sucks"

*checks PTR notes, checks forums, checks youtube video*

*Rolls Mage*

*Lives happily ever after*.
Reply Quote
honestly, if the problems with monks aren't fixed in 5.2 i'm going to be more than happy to shelf it. op, don't blame blizzard for you choosing to level a monk, that's really silly.
Edited by Fran on 2/22/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Rolls Mage*......*Lives happily ever after*.

If you knew the complete and utter Hell that mages have gone/are going through right now, you wouldn't say that. Trust me. I main swapped FROM a mage because of Blizzard treating them like a tennis ball, especially with 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm not very experienced with windwalker, but from everything I know, what Ro is saying is quite accurate. First of all, windwalker is getting big buffs in 5.2. While it's acceptable to still think it's weak in PvP, it is undoubtedly much improved from live. Their damage is much higher, and their build up time for their "burst" (TEB) is much lower. TEB gives a lot more per stack.

Their CC is drastically improved with deadly reach being baseline, and now it can be glyphed to remove DoTs as requested. Paralysis is also physical now, and cannot be dispelled.

They can escape CC chains much more effectively with nimble brew. Their mobility is still incredibly good. Use your extra trinket to escape the CC, and run away when you are being focused. WWs aren't tough plate classes than stand and face every opponent head on. If you play like that, no wonder you struggle.

Xuen is smarter at his targeting now. They no longer have to sacrifice damage for their healing. If they were using chi wave frequently before, their healing will be reduced, but I bet that few windwalkers actually used chi wave on CD. In 5.2 they can without hesitation. I bet their overall healing will go up considerably.

Touch of karma, their panic button, will now be reliably available, rather than you realizing you need it, then having to generate some chi for it. By that time you may be dead. Tigers lust becomes a much better utility ability. Help your healer out by letting him sprint behind cover. The chi cost always gimped it a little bit before. Made it harder to use.

Charging ox wave becomes a great gap closer for those who struggle to stay on target. (A common complaint on these forums.) Dampen harm can be used while stunned and you can have 50% uptime on it. Use it while deep frozen to stop those ultra high mage crits.

Yeah. No class got buffed in 5.2 anything close to like the windwalker monk. They got vastly improved, and yet, even in 5.1 the exceptionally skilled made them viable. In 5.2 even the mediocre players should be able to kick !@#.

This very good feedback, I consider myself a very good monk player now I look forward to 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
L2P your class before you start a QQ thread op =)
Reply Quote
Please. I beg of you... quit. Quit so I don't have to even see another one of your posts that complain about how awful something is, but doesn't provide relevant feedback of any kind.

OR... and this is a whacky, crazy thought...

The problem is, monks everywhere HAVE been providing feedback, but Blizzard doesn't listen.

When 5.2 hits, WW's especially are going to be worse off then they are on live atm, despite their efforts to increase "Wind walker representation"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this season looks like another season of almost no monk participation at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]