About dk's

90 Orc Death Knight
Hi there. This will be a post about a couple of things about dk's. I browse the forums on a daily basis and i don't ever post. So i decided to post something. This is pure out of being curious because i sometimes get confused on how people think this way and they never really give a full explanation besides 5 word sentences with almost no back up. As a person who plays a dk among other classes i want to know why people think this. So here we go.

First subject matter is i always run into forums talking about how dk's are stupid or easy to play, some people even say brainless. To back up these statements people say that dk's only have 2 buttons, or dks can tunnel someone to the ground. Things like that. basically saying anyone can play a dk and win everything.

I am not here to fully defend everything dk's can do, but i am here to ask why and how people think this ?

Now i would like to point out that even the ratings that i have aren't the most amazing, i got those in season 8 playing unholy with affl lock and holy pally. Pretty good comp at the time. We did decent. But also not the only good one at the time either.

Now i will say that i do enjoy unholy a lot more than frost, way more, i can see where people say frost might be easy to play, im here to say yes it is and no it's not. A dk doesn't run in there pop everything as he would not have any runes for chaining or silence or any rp to live if something where to happen to his healer or he were to be targeted. Now with the very limited or just out right bad survivability, i'd have to say that is where good dks and the bad dks separate. What i mean by that is, with all the moves dks have they have to also be able to manage runes and cds correctly to be able to survive, as well as being bursty. When on my rogue or lock i see a dk bust ams offensively, then bust his medallion trinket just to get to my healer it's time to cc him, and by him busting those things and i know they are down, he just cut his chances of living by half

Now i will say yes frost can down someone quick cds popped, but how is this any different than a mage or war, hunter doing any of this just as fast with all of theirs popped ? Now you can think of this in a 1v1 3v3 2v2. All of it applies because you mostly likely wont pop anything when a healer has cds up with trinket in any arena situation anyways.

Also one more thing just to let you know, i DO NOT agree with the recent damage buffs to frost. I do however like that unholy got some love.

Frost didn't need anything else but defense, same with rogues. How they got more of what they had or what we asked for is beyond me. They should have just made icebound to 2 min with a 40% reduction and nerfed oblit by 20%. Would have been more than fine with that.

Oh also now i know a lot of people hate when people bring up arena rep. But looking at the battlegroup (mostly bg 9) I don't see very much dks at all, and the few dks that are up there, I want to know did they 2 button press their way up to that rating ? Did they get there because of how "Brainless" and "easy" Dk's are to play. And the huge amount of Wars, Hunters, Mages, and spriests got there because of skill ? This isn't sarcasm and i really want to know.

Thank you for reading guys.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Use "I" instead of "i" and your post will have 1000% more validity.

Now go back and correct it. It's not too late to not look stupid. Go go go!
Edited by Kaely on 2/20/2013 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah the main point of the thread was about my "i" Thanks bro.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you don't think Frost is brainless, you have no idea what you are talking about, Unholy on the other hand takes a lot more skill due to pet management and rune management and effectively apply damage using necrotic strikes.

The problem with DKs is they are nearly completely outclassed by warriors in terms of melee dps and there are better classes to fill their shoes. PHDk? No KFC is better. TSG? No KFC is better. Shadowcleave? Nope WLS. DK/Mage/Healer? WMP.

Name a team, and a warrior or a hunter is a better fit to the team instead of a DK. Not to say DKs aren't unviable. They are very strong, they are just very easily tunneled into and peeled. They are far from weak and their defensives are quite strong, the problem, like nearly all the problems in PvP right now. WARRIORS ARE TOO STRONG. Spriests too but that's another story.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If you don't think Frost is brainless, you have no idea what you are talking about, Unholy on the other hand takes a lot more skill due to pet management and rune management and effectively apply damage using necrotic strikes.

The problem with DKs is they are nearly completely outclassed by warriors in terms of melee dps and there are better classes to fill their shoes. PHDk? No KFC is better. TSG? No KFC is better. Shadowcleave? Nope WLS. DK/Mage/Healer? WMP.

Name a team, and a warrior or a hunter is a better fit to the team instead of a DK. Not to say DKs aren't unviable. They are very strong, they are just very easily tunneled into and peeled. They are far from weak and their defensives are quite strong, the problem, like nearly all the problems in PvP right now. WARRIORS ARE TOO STRONG. Spriests too but that's another story.

Ok im not here to poke fun, but help me understand your post a little better. Yes Unholy is far harder to play then Frost I agree.

I want to know how can you say frost is brain dead then turn around and say how other classes are way better than Dk and those other classes are better than taking a Dk ? Are those classes you listed also brain dead as well ?

Also like you said those other classes are in fact way better. So why so much hate on dk's if they are easily tunneled and taken out ? If you see a rank one Dk at the end of this season and a Rank 1 War or Mage, would you still think the war and mage got it because of how skilled they are. And the Dk only got rank one because of how brainless it is ? Or heck we won't even say Rank 1 let's just say those 3 got Gladiator. The mage and war got it pure skill Dk got it being brainless ?

I'm in no way being sarcastic, im really looking for some good replies. So i can better understand peoples reasons.
Edited by Brokenimage on 2/20/2013 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
because dks are a scum ,brainless, 3 button class, try something new for once and learn the real meaning of skill (if there is any left in this game)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/20/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Autograph
because dks are a scum ,brainless, 3 button class, try something new for once and learn the real meaning of skill (if there is any left in this game)

I guess it was pointless trying to get real answers when people don't actually read. Still waiting for one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's probably best if you just accept it and not let it get to you. Everyone has prejudices in this game.

For instance, I find that most Priests on the forums are unbearably obnoxious, high-brow pseudo intellectuals who think everyone else is beneath them, even other Priests. They seem to have no shred of humility and think the world revolves around them.

The only difference between DK haters and me being, of course, that I am right, and they are wrong.

You know it's not so much that Im defending dk but for some reason it seems people always think that their class takes so much skill. Is WoW really that hard ? All the classes posting are wars mage hunters or even anything else. Do they really think they take that much skill to play ?

Also if so, why are there so many "skilled" mages wars, or hell almost any other class above dks in arena ?

You would think that if it took a lot of skill there wouldn't be a hell ton of them up there. I really don't understand how a class so low in rep and survivability gets bashed so much.

Not saying dk's are hard to play, but people need to stop acting like others are super hard.
Edited by Brokenimage on 2/20/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Frost DK's are probably the easiest class in the game to play, the reason you don't see too many succeeding is because there is simply not much you can do with them, their skill cap is absurdly low. Glad players can play better than a DK can be played, so they play something else. Also, they are not a top-tier class.

All of their damage revolves around 3ish attacks.

Their damage requires no set up

They are a tunneling melee class.

They have almost no CC to worry about using.

They have very few cool downs to worry about rotating.

The difference between a good frost DK and a bad frost DK are his teammates, plain and simple. The only hard thing about playing a DK is surviving, and even then there isn't much skill involved because you have so few cooldowns to use and most of your life depends on peel and heals from others. There's very little you can do or not do as a FROST DK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/20/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Autograph
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This is the part that confuses me, you say that there isn't much you can do with them, compared to a class that has a lot more like a rogue or mage is harder ? I think that class that has more abilities/buttons wouldn't be harder, but easier seeing as you have a lot more options available to you to use for more situations.

People on this forums say that frost dk is so easy but also say that unholy is a lot harder, now for me i'd say unholy is a lot easier ( also what i mostly play ) seeing as you have a lot more things to use in certain situations, rather then a frost having to mostly just sit or die.

When i leveled my rogue and lock this expansion i already love it way more than my dk seeing as how theres so much stuff you can use against someone. But i wouldn't call it harder, i'd call it easier.

Also again not saying dk's are hard but saying tunneling is a little mis leading. Tunneling can only get you so far. As with a hunter or War or any other class. But dks still use focus strang chains, Dark sim focus for anticipating when a class will use cc. Also still having to peel just like other classes.

But I really like your respond Exclesior.

Still wanting to see other peoples opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Class takes no skill and should be deleted from the game. Only scrubs play it.

And this. Seriously a 10 a year old can play it.

Frost DK's are probably the easiest class in the game to play, the reason you don't see too many succeeding is because there is simply not much you can do with them, their skill cap is absurdly low. Glad players can play better than a DK can be played, so they play something else. Also, they are not a top-tier class.

All of their damage revolves around 3ish attacks.

Their damage requires no set up

They are a tunneling melee class.

They have almost no CC to worry about using.

They have very few cool downs to worry about rotating.

The difference between a good frost DK and a bad frost DK are his teammates, plain and simple. The only hard thing about playing a DK is surviving, and even then there isn't much skill involved because you have so few cooldowns to use and most of your life depends on peel and heals from others. There's very little you can do or not do as a FROST DK.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/20/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Ballerxoxo

Ooo the 1500 lock that posts about every single dk on these forums, thanks for the intelligent insight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Ooo the 1500 lock that posts about every single dk on these forums, thanks for the intelligent insight.

Id prolly be 2k too if i could just tunnel someone until they die the entire game and not have to worry about anything else going on during the arena. Your class is garbage and easy.
Edited by Ballerxoxo on 2/20/2013 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's probably best if you just accept it and not let it get to you. Everyone has prejudices in this game.

For instance, I find that most Priests on the forums are unbearably obnoxious, high-brow pseudo intellectuals who think everyone else is beneath them, even other Priests. They seem to have no shred of humility and think the world revolves around them.

The only difference between DK haters and me being, of course, that I am right, and they are wrong.

You know it's not so much that Im defending dk but for some reason it seems people always think that their class takes so much skill. Is WoW really that hard ? All the classes posting are wars mage hunters or even anything else. Do they really think they take that much skill to play ?

Also if so, why are there so many "skilled" mages wars, or hell almost any other class above dks in arena ?

You would think that if it took a lot of skill there wouldn't be a hell ton of them up there. I really don't understand how a class so low in rep and survivability gets bashed so much.

Not saying dk's are hard to play, but people need to stop acting like others are super hard.

Hunters probably take 5x the skill of a dk considering you actually have to have situational awareness and use more then 6 keybinds.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
The more you can do with a class the higher the skill cap becomes. The lower the skill cap, the easier the class is to play, the more people dislike it unless the class is bad. DKs aren't bad so... logic.
Edited by Reddlin on 2/20/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Id prolly be 2k too if i could just tunnel someone until they die the entire game and not have to worry about anything else going on during the arena. Your class is garbage and easy.

Yes well until you actually get something i'll take you seriously bye bye.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

tbh your 1400 and havent been 2k since wrath so whats that say.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

tbh your 1400 and havent been 2k since wrath so whats that say.

Oh my 2's ? Unholy windwalker ? that op comp ? oh thank you babe. Also thanks for pointing out Wrath back when frost WASN'T the spec to play and it was Unholy. Damn my op Oblits that expansion. >.>
Edited by Brokenimage on 2/20/2013 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]