Alts linked

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
wondering if i could get a forum Mod to respond to this... feel free to respond however needed

and sorry.. didn't know where else to put this

on an active forum in general

World of Warcraft/Forums/Community/General Discussion/Dead servers...why do they happen

i just saw a post where a person had copied/responded what an MVP said

Ironically, i put this MVP on ignore some time ago for issues we had and weren't getting along. (i was taught if i couldn't say anything nice, or didn't like what someone else said, don't say anything at all)

so another person copy responded what the MVP had said and it came back with all of my alts linked.

Sãd
90 Pandaren Monk
Dam Nation
gurubashi:
damnedevil hôggle hairycaray khaleesí memrsneaky rofelmaw sãd sadir terdferguson ugibugiman whõ

again, feel free to respond however needed.. didn't mean this to be public.. but didn't know where to address it either. Apologies, but it's borderline harassment given the situation.
25 Night Elf Druid
So?

I can see them all too.

Its an add on the works for the forums. many people have it. It's not private information
100 Blood Elf Hunter
And actually, they were never listed by the MVP. They were listed by someone else who doesn't know how to properly quote. Snow never listed all of your alts. If you don't believe me, feel free to take her off ignore for a few minutes and look at all her posts yourself.
91 Night Elf Warrior
02/14/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Scrinshee
And actually, they were never listed by the MVP. They were listed by someone else who doesn't know how to properly quote.
90 Pandaren Monk
more the fact that an MVP that I've had issues with in the past and knows that i have them on ignore posts it in the general forums. Pretty rude for ANYONE, much less an "MVP"

don't care who knows what alts i use, nor do i know why anyone would care to except for some pretty extreme insecurity issues... but posting it like that is just generally TRYING to harass someone.

again, the only reason i even saw it was because someone re-linked it and responded to what was said.
25 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Scrinshee
And actually, they were never listed by the MVP. They were listed by someone else who doesn't know how to properly quote. Snow never listed all of your alts. If you don't believe me, feel free to take her off ignore for a few minutes and look at all her posts yourself.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
And once again, it was not HER. The person who DID list your alts even admits to doing it on accident in that thread. I won't call that person out, since they honestly didn't seem to do it on purpose. They just copy/paste instead of using the quote feature.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Quite honestly, if you've got a problem with Snow, you need to report her posts. The SFAs here do not cross moderate.
25 Night Elf Druid
Sãd
90 Pandaren Monk
Dam Nation
gurubashi:
damnedevil hôggle hairycaray khaleesí memrsneaky rofelmaw sãd sadir terdferguson ugibugiman whõ

more the fact that an MVP that I've had issues with in the past and knows that i have them on ignore posts it in the general forums. Pretty rude for ANYONE, much less an "MVP"

don't care who knows what alts i use, nor do i know why anyone would care to except for some pretty extreme insecurity issues... but posting it like that is just generally TRYING to harass someone.

again, the only reason i even saw it was because someone re-linked it and responded to what was said.

Basically the person, NOT Snowfox, did this.
91 Night Elf Warrior

The MVP did not link your toons in their post, it was another poster. In fact, said poster even replied to you in page 4 of the thread in question stating that they were the one that linked your names because they were using a "stupid addon" (their words, not mine).

If you believe that said poster is covering up for the MVP, you can, temporarily, take them off ignore by clicking the Show Post button next to where it says Post Ignored for each post and review them individually.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
The problem post is #60, not and it is information that is public thanks to a certain nameless browser extension and the fact that Blizzard's ignore system for the forum is by battle.net, not by character. I can even quote the relevant post that admitted it was a misquote.

02/14/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Searc
not that i care, because im one of the few that will tell you who I am on any of my alts.. but how exactly did all of my alts get posted up there?? wasn't MY doing.....

I did the copy/paste quote thing, and I have that stupid addon that tells you what alts you've posted on in the forums.

02/14/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Sãd

Ultimately this is an "Open" forum for players to discuss the game, and we MVP posters are still just players of the game, here to discuss the facts in an open and honest manner. You can have disagreements with other posters, that is perfectly acceptable, it is however not acceptable to require people who you have ignored to not reply to your posts, sorry.
Edited by Kozzae on 2/14/2013 2:23 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Go read post # 68 in the thread.

The MVP did NOT list your alts.
They show up because the person who made post #60 (where the alts are listed) is using the browser plug in and copied and pasted the MVP's post rather than quoting it. The author of post #60 (and 68) revealed your alts, not the MVP.

*I* could copy and paste one of your posts in this forum and it will list your alts. And the browser plugin that makes it possible works because of the way Blizzard codes their forums. They (Blizzard) have been aware of the ability to see alts since these forums were in testing, they have opted not to change the way they do things.
Edited by Arizza on 2/14/2013 2:25 PM PST
85 Tauren Druid
Each account has a unique ID on the forum. This is what allows you to /ignore an entire account on the forum, if you ignore a single character of theirs.

There is a browser addon that tracks these unique IDs and will list every character you have posted on. If you don't post on that character, it will not list them.

Blizzard purposely set up the forum like so that you can /ignore an entire account on the forum. If you would like to see this feature changed, you'll need to post in the Website Feature Forum for the web design team to read and consider.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
Just FYI also, if it is not known, you can request the maker of this browser extension to remove the information from their database.
3 Night Elf Hunter
02/14/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Kozzae
Just FYI also, if it is not known, you can request the maker of this browser extension to remove the information from their database.

But they do not have to remove you, if you start causing problems they will make you visible again.
1 Human Rogue
(i was taught if i couldn't say anything nice, or didn't like what someone else said, don't say anything at all)

so another person copy responded what the MVP had said and it came back with all of my alts linked.

again, feel free to respond however needed.. didn't mean this to be public.. but didn't know where to address it either. Apologies, but it's borderline harassment given the situation.

Don't you think you should change the title of this thread and the content of your posts in it since it amounts to a demonstrably false accusation? You didn't exercise due diligence to confirm your suspicion and you were wrong.
43 Pandaren Monk
World of Warcraft/Forums/Community/General Discussion/Dead servers...why do they happen

i just saw a post where a person had

The moderators do not moderate cross forums. That means that posting in this forum cannot get you any assistance with a post or thread in another forum. If you think something is violation of the forum rules then click on the thumbs down button on that post and choose report. Report what you feel is the violation. The forum moderators for that forum will decide if it is a violation or not.
Support Forum Agent
Hopefully the issue has been clarified a bit now.

Please understand that certain information is available based on how our systems works. Accessing that information, such as alternate characters is not generally considered a violation of our policies. If used exclusively to troll though, that may be an issue.

Please available yourself of the voting system and ignore feature. Additionally, as mentioned in the sticky from the General forum:

Questions or concerns regarding the MVP program or its participants can be directed to MVPs@Blizzard.com.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]