A 3 /cast macro

86 Orc Hunter
So I'm relatively new to hunters.

I was wanting to make my macro simple to combine a bunch of skills I used each boss fight.

Am I not allowed to chain 3 /cast in one macro and put it and have them all go off?

I'm trying something like this:
/cast Dire Beast
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast A Murder of Crows

However, only two will generally trigger.

Any help?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
only one action that triggers the GCD is allowed per macro

Rapid Fire is off the GCD, so you can combine it with other actions

Dire Beast triggers the GCD, so Murder won't go off
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
Darn :(

Any suggestions? Just toss the 3 icons together and roll face when I want to pop cooldowns for a boss?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
if you dont like dire beast just spec into the thrill of the hunt, it is not as good for pve but saves you a key bind in the meantime while you level.

But yea really they should all be separate keybind, you can try combining rapid fire with stampede when you get it, if you want it just for pve.

you can also do a castsequence macro but that is also bad.
Reply Quote
I know im a terribad hunter, but here are some abilities I have macroed together

Bestial wrath with blink strike (if rabid isnt on the GCD, you can throw it in there too. havent tested it out yet)

focus fire with rapid fire

of course hunters mark with /petattack

and a simple misdirect to pet macro (soley for questing, not dungeons or pvp)

ive heard widows venom and serpent sting macro together too, but I havent tried it

please tell me if im doing something terribly wrong
Edited by Ratokk on 2/14/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/14/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Ratokk
of course hunters mark with /petattack

Once you hit 90 and start doing dungeons, LFR, raiding, or any type of group activity, this macro will get you into a lot of trouble. Since you don't seem to be using the glyph that auto-applies Hunter's Mark, it's smart to apply Hunter's Mark on the boss before the encounter begins, which your current macro would make your pet start attacking before the tank pulls and may cause people to get upset with you. Luckily 5.2 is around the corner and this will no longer be an issue, since the auto-application of Hunter's Mark is becoming baseline through many of our other shots.

ive heard widows venom and serpent sting macro together too, but I havent tried it

I believe, and feel free to correct me, that both of those abilities trigger GCD, which would require a /castsequence macro, but even so, it's not an incredibly smart macro. The problem is that if your target already has serpent sting on them, when you use Widow's Venom, you are wasting the focus by re-applying Serpent Sting when you can simply use Cobra shot to renew the current Serpent Sting on the target in you're normal rotation. Widow's Venom is a very situational utility in the first place, I generally only use it to kill healers and classes that have the ability to heal themselves for significant amounts in PvP or force them into a dispel situation.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
you can still do /castsequence macro

personally i would do /castsequence reset=1 dire beast,Rapid Fire, Stampede

you want to leave A murder of Crows on its own macro since its god the right amount of CD length to sync with your trinket coold downs and such
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
focus fire with rapid fire

This is generally not a good idea, as the haste from both FF and RF will increase focus regen in turn. So if you alternate them then you get a longer time of increased attack speed AND focus regen.

It's also not advisable as you don't want to stack Rapid Fire OR Focus Fire with Bestial Wrath (except RF in your opener) due to the reduced focus cost of abilities. And frenzy + BW is higher dps than FF + BW. I usually just ignore FF.

Anyways, you could always do this:

/cast Rapid Fire
/castsequence Dire Beast, Murder of Crows

You will have to press it twice (and when MOC is on CD, twice for DB too unless you do what Endl says with the cast sequence reset) but it WILL reduce your keybinds - pressing 1 twice may be better than 1 and 2 if you don't have much space. Not recommended though
Edited by Paksanarian on 2/15/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Paksanarian
This is generally not a good idea, as the haste from both FF and RF will increase focus regen in turn. So if you alternate them then you get a longer time of increased attack speed AND focus regen.

with the cooldown on RF and the proc rate on FF, they very rarely end up stacking together.
and even when they do, im usually so focus starved, that the increased regen is very welcome
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
If this is the set of skills you desperately want macroed together, then you have a couple of options to start out with:

1)
/cast Rapid Fire
/castsequence reset=30 Dire Beast, A Murder of Crows

Requires 2 button presses to execute all abilities. Lets off RF on CD, and cycles back to DB in 30 secs if MoC is on CD. It's simple and spamable.

2)
#showtooltip [nomod] Dire Beast; [mod: shift] A Murder of Crows
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast [nomod] Dire Beast; [mod: shift] A Murder of Crows

Sets off RF and/or DB on CD w/ 1 press, cast MoC when pressed along w/ your shift key. Always ques RF regardless of modifier. Shows the Tooltip, Icon, and CD of DB or MoC depending on whether or not you're holding down your shift modifier.

*The problem w/ either of these macros is that you should be letting off DB as often as you can, but RF is a long CD and you will waste it anytime you're trying to cast DB. For example: If you're attacking the add pack right before Feng in MV, and you want to let off DB to be more focus positive while spamming Multi-shot; you will blow your RF (a major CD) right before the boss pull, hurting your opener and losing major DPS. So you can only use these macros on boss fights

Either of these alternatives may be a safer option for an all around macro that will give you access to all 3 spells from a single bind w/o as high of the risk of wasting RF.

alt1)

/cast [mod: shift] Rapid Fire
/castsequence reset=30 Dire Beast, A Murder of Crows

Similar to option 1, only RF will only go off when you hold down shift. DB and MoC will cycle regularly regardless of modifier.

alt2)

#showtooltip [nomod] Dire Beast; [mod: shift] A Murder of Crows
/cast [mod: shift] Rapid Fire
/cast [nomod] Dire Beast; [mod: shift] A Murder of Crows

Pressing the button will let off DB when ever it's on CD, pressing the macro keybind in conjunction w/ shift will let off RF and/or MoC on CD.

PS- Like all shift mod macros, make sure that your current keybind + shift is not already bound to a stock Blizz command in your keybinding menu. If so, clear the bound ability in your menu or the modifier execution will not work.

Hope this helps:)
Edited by Caasi on 2/17/2013 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]