Bringing 2-3 priests in 10-man raids

90 Pandaren Warrior
Hey, healing forum, haven't been here in a while.

To keep it simple, I am a guild leader overflowing with priests. All I'm asking is: am I at a disadvantage by bringing both a Holy and a Disc Priest (which I don't see any problem with), and is it just silly to bring 3 if I have to (I imagine Holy/Holy/Disc would work best here)?

Assuming I can make up buffs (but not utility) of other healing specs with other raid members.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If they both don't suck? Not at all. 3 is a bit much and borders on mediocrity.

NEVER think of bringing more than one disc. It is frustrating and stupid for 10 mans.

I'd say get a shaman/paladin for the third slot. It'll synergize so much better than another holy priest.

And make sure one of the priests has a viable damage offspec because 2 healing is the norm for quite a few fights.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
There is nothing wrong with bringing 2 Discipline priests to a raid. You can easily pop Rapture and 2 Spirit Shells are better than 1.

The only problem you're going to run into is loot. No one wants to roll against both the other healers for every upgrade.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Hey, healing forum, haven't been here in a while.

To keep it simple, I am a guild leader overflowing with priests. All I'm asking is: am I at a disadvantage by bringing both a Holy and a Disc Priest (which I don't see any problem with), and is it just silly to bring 3 if I have to (I imagine Holy/Holy/Disc would work best here)?

Assuming I can make up buffs (but not utility) of other healing specs with other raid members.

Thanks.

We have gone with 3 priests (one shadow, one disc, and one holy) a couple of times. The buff situation was difficult, god forbid a conquered token dropped, but they were all great, so it worked fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I am running with 3 priests, one of each spec, the buff situation somehow works out fine. Third healer is a resto shaman. So I guess if Holy/Disc is fine, if forced to run with 3 healing priests (which is suboptimal), HHD or HDD?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just tell them to play the spec they are best at, unless it means all three of them go Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You will have problems with PoM overwriting and maybe buff coverage (as you said), but other than that it should be ok.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/14/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Keirisonis
NEVER think of bringing more than one disc. It is frustrating and stupid for 10 mans.

Hmm... I could use another disc priest in our Empress 10. Just imagine rotating SS CD on the raid...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You're at a disadvantage for serious progression. Not because of synergy. Entirely because of gearing will take longer due to tokens and same gear rolls for healers. If you don't (or if they don't care) then it makes no difference at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Jesminia

Hmm... I could use another disc priest in our Empress 10. Just imagine rotating SS CD on the raid...

I'd probably murder a second Disc Priest. >.> I'm so possessive of my Raptures! D:
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've had the unenviable position of being in a 10 man with one priest of each spec. It resulted in my competing with half of the raiders for cloth drops and half of the raid for tier tokens.

It was really difficult and hampered our progress for that reason alone. I'd suggest in your case trying to recruit a new healer, getting one or two of those priests preparing their offspecs, and then doing your best to rotate people in and out as fairly as possible for kills and loot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We used 2 disc priests for our first heroic Empress kill (before the damage got nerfed). SS for every explosion >> rapture annoyance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nobody's health would ever drop below 90%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 01:03 AMPosted by Razgrad

But if it did, you'd spend foreeeeever healing it back up. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Tiriél

Exaggerate much? base PoH still heals party does it not? Must've changed since I last played 3minutes ago
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Tonydanza
Exaggerate much? base PoH still heals party does it not? Must've changed since I last played 3minutes ago

Well, I have 399,831 HP unbuffed. My unbuffed PoH heals 28,913 a cast. Sooo...that's 14 casts a party to top people off. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Tiriél

You'd totes deserve it for ever letting them get that low, though. :P
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
We killed Heroic Will on 10man with 3 Priests, 2 Druids, 2 monks, 1 pally, 1 hunter, 1 warrior.

In fact most of our 10man screwing around has had 2-3 priests in every raid (6/6H MV)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We killed Heroic Will on 10man with 3 Priests, 2 Druids, 2 monks, 1 pally, 1 hunter, 1 warrior.

In fact most of our 10man screwing around has had 2-3 priests in every raid (6/6H MV)

I do hope that all 3 of them are Disc. It's certainly viable to bring more than 1 Disc, but having to compete with another Disc for Raptures is the one thing about Disc that annoys me. :\
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Assuming you are doing a 25 man, it's definitely viable. Just make sure to bring other healers that bring a wider array of cooldowns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]