Bringing 2-3 priests in 10-man raids

90 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Tiriél
Exaggerate much? base PoH still heals party does it not? Must've changed since I last played 3minutes ago

Well, I have 399,831 HP unbuffed. My unbuffed PoH heals 28,913 a cast. Sooo...that's 14 casts a party to top people off. :)

29 000 over 5 people isn't that bad. Shoot my nourish casts about the same time, heals for less, only hits one target and only triggers a bubble if it crits...hmm Novel idea don't you think?

Wouldn't that be insanely overpowered if one spell could trigger instant bubbles for half the raid while also doing some healing? Doesn't that bother you that the mere idea and concept of it is like a god mode heal..and it's been used on live for an entire tier.. Somebody don't know what the eff they're doing down @blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Bringing 2-3 priests as healers is probably not the best setup. As far as the loot goes, it will take much longer to gear both of them up. It's always good to have varities in healing. Priest/pally is a good combo, monks and resto shaman have a lot to bring too.

If your priests are skilled, bringing both won't hurt too much but look for other options too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
We killed Heroic Will on 10man with 3 Priests, 2 Druids, 2 monks, 1 pally, 1 hunter, 1 warrior.

In fact most of our 10man screwing around has had 2-3 priests in every raid (6/6H MV)

I do hope that all 3 of them are Disc. It's certainly viable to bring more than 1 Disc, but having to compete with another Disc for Raptures is the one thing about Disc that annoys me. :\

1 Disc, 2 S.priest for 10man content. I actually think on our Heroic Will kill, all of us were Shadow and our Pally/Monk healed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Our group, at one point, also had 3 priests for 10 man. Too many people have changed their mains to priest, which is frustrating because our server is cluttered with them and each one looking for a raid spot.

Anyway, our raids have never been good with 2 healing priests (tried holy and disc). I've always felt having a holy paladin and/or resto shaman is much better.

With a game that has what, 11 classes now? There's no reason one 10 man raid needs to have 3 of the same class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Mila
With a game that has what, 11 classes now? There's no reason one 10 man raid needs to have 3 of the same class.

We had 3 Druids for most of our progression this tier, and 3 Hunters for a large part of DS progression.

God, I love Tranquility.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/16/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Tiriél

We had 3 Druids for most of our progression this tier, and 3 Hunters for a large part of DS progression.

God, I love Tranquility.

Druids have one of the lowest representations that I've ever seen; same with paladins. It's kinda sad. One server has 17% priest representation, but most have priests as #2 under either warriors or hunters. Think this is a sign that Bliz needs to buff some other healing classes so it's more balanced and we don't see raids with the same classes.
Reply Quote
Heh we had 3 hunters for a large part of DS too and I loved it. It felt like war/hunt/sham tokens were the only thing that would drop so gearing never became an issue, we could all cover different buffs so no issue there either, and deterrance really rocks as a personal cd imo.

Not saying it's optimal, of course not, but for a casual 10 it really doesn't hurt anything other than increasing the chance of loot rng blues and those can happen regardless of raid comp.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
There is nothing wrong with bringing 2 Discipline priests to a raid. You can easily pop Rapture and 2 Spirit Shells are better than 1.

2 Disc priests in a 10 man is annoying for the purposes of Rapture. It's not impossible, but it does cause problems.

29 000 over 5 people isn't that bad. Shoot my nourish casts about the same time, heals for less, only hits one target and only triggers a bubble if it crits...hmm Novel idea don't you think?

Of course your single-target, cheap, weak heal heals for less than a raid heal.

What you did there... is analogous to comparing Heal to Wild Growth. Don't do that. Stop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Of course your single-target, cheap, weak heal heals for less than a raid heal.

What you did there... is analogous to comparing Heal to Wild Growth. Don't do that. Stop.

If you're expecting Tonydanza to engage in anything other than hyperbole when it comes to Disc Priests, you're going to be sorely disappointed. :-\ It's generally best to just ignore him.
Reply Quote
There is nothing wrong with bringing 2 Discipline priests to a raid. You can easily pop Rapture and 2 Spirit Shells are better than 1.

The only problem you're going to run into is loot. No one wants to roll against both the other healers for every upgrade.

No.

02/16/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Zebait
Bringing 2-3 priests as healers is probably not the best setup. As far as the loot goes, it will take much longer to gear both of them up.

Yes, having more absorbs is better, yay fun, but overlooking gearing for each one. There will always be one ahead of the other & depending on how your raid does loot, one will have more gear & do better. While the other one is going to be lacking behind.

02/15/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Tiriél
Nobody's health would ever drop below 90%.

But if it did, you'd spend foreeeeever healing it back up. >.>

Disc priest rotate around absorbs. It's better to have a healer friend who can heal those times when the boss just rips through absorbs. Say a shaman or a druid.

Please stop.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/14/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Mahourai
The only problem you're going to run into is loot. No one wants to roll against both the other healers for every upgrade.

That's the barrier to any time you decide to run a 10m with duplicate classes. Thankfully my guild almost always has a paladin with a healing offspec to soak up all the +Int plate that drops, but healing leather has to be divided between me an the other resto druid in our group. However, it always seems that the first time a given piece drops, it's when I'm off for the night, so it's been working out: he gets it the first time, and I get the second drop :)
Reply Quote
If we're still just talking 1 Disc and 1 Holy Priest I don't see how that falls into any sort of serious loot competition...totally normal to be competing for gear with 1 or even 2 people. Or are you guys going on the 3 priest thing? If so then yes it will slow it down some most likely, I still wouldn't get overly worried if it's a fairly casual group though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I did a MV10 with 3 disc priests last week. It went well, we failed on Elegon but that was due to DPS not being able to kill sparks; the healing was fine. The group had all the buffs/debuffs covered.
Edited by Autumni on 2/18/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/16/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Tonydanza

This is why you shouldn't be using Nourish..
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We did Firelands with 3 priests (holy, disc, and shadow). Haven't had that many in a raid since. However, after Firelands we did some toon swapping due to the "prot pally + ret pally + warlock + disc priest + holy priest + shadow priest = conqueror token never drops" syndrome in a 10 man raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]