DKs are in SERIOUS need of a survivability CD

90 Draenei Death Knight
Dks (Frost and UH) Need some kind of passive health regeneration or a good CD that heals them for 30% instantly or something..The CD s that they have are decent but very lackluster compared to other specs..Also I feel like giving them a stun wouldn't hurt either. What are your opinions? (Im a Frost/Blood DK..I play Frost in PvP and im a PvP player) And before anyone says I need better gear..I've played on the PTR where everyone is equal
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Translation.

There are things you should give. You know those others things in our talents that must not be as important as the talents I am using.

p.s. they're called Death Pact, Asphyxiate & Remorseless Winter.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Death Knight
not sure what your talking about DK's are way OP in healing as a melee class it sickens me to be in LFR and seeing a DK in the top 4 heals.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/15/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Drellon
Dks (Frost and UH) Need some kind of passive health regeneration or a good CD that heals them for 30% instantly or something..

Death Pact?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
They are sub par defensives in comparison to other classes, but our damage rips every other melee class to shreds. So it's hard to balance.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Theexploited the only time a DK is in the top 4 heals in LFR is if they are blood. he clearly stated frost and unholy.

However it is not a healing cooldown that we need. It's an avoid almost all dmg for a short time cooldown we need.

Yes we have some cds like death pact that heal for a decent amount in DPS specs (150k) however that 150k heal or even less if you have a healing debuff on you; is such a pitiful survival cooldown in something like arena compared to say a hunters deterrance. I could hit that hunter for his entire hp pool in the time that deterrance is active yet my cooldown heals for 50% or 25% if mortal striked etc (yes I know im supposed to stop hitting him at that point but that's the point of the cooldown). Our IBF is only 20% less dmg taken and does not deter anyone from hitting us when near death lol. Not to mention thats just me if the entire team was to focus him he could avoid upwards of 1mil dmg, something our 150k heal doesnt even stack up against.

This is the main problem with our survivability. We need a CD similar to that of hunters deterrance, mages ice block, paladins bubble, warriors die by the sword, warlocks dark bargain, priests dispersion, rogues evasion + cloak of shadows. Most of the other classes have quite more spammable heals instead.

at the moment I feel DKs are fine in PvE and are fine in BG's however we lack a little something in Arena and I feel that something is something to deter other people from focusing us down in the first 5 - 10 seconds of the match. Even if it's something that leaves us unable to attack back for the duration but lets us avoid almost all damage taken
Edited by Aldmos on 2/15/2013 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/15/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Theexploited
not sure what your talking about DK's are way OP in healing as a melee class it sickens me to be in LFR and seeing a DK in the top 4 heals.
It's time to leave.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/15/2013 07:41 PMPosted by Warcrimes
It's time to leave.

Well this does happen when I tank...... granted the healers are barely hitting 30k HPS, but why should a tank class biased around healing that does its job be better then healers that might as well be bots >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Alienware laptops and german shepards.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Translation.

There are things you should give. You know those others things in our talents that must not be as important as the talents I am using.

translation i have 1000 hks, i have plenty of pvp experience there for i know what im talking about, your bad op, you have not even looked at the talents have you? yet you have more pvp experience than me, that doesnt matter i have more achy score than you there for my opinion is better.
Reply Quote
1 Human Monk
plz go away pve nubs, clearly pve defense isn't a issue its pvp, so plz leave your comments in the wrath threads
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Translation.

translation i have 1000 hks, i have plenty of pvp experience there for i know what im talking about, your bad op, you have not even looked at the talents have you? yet you have more pvp experience than me, that doesnt matter i have more achy score than you there for my opinion is better.

The fact that I don't pvp at all doesn't negate the fact that he purposely isn't using 3 talents that give him the the things he's asking for.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

You do realize why don't you? We have weak passive mitigation. And a blood dk is not very useful in pvp. It can't kill anything.
Reply Quote
1 Human Monk

The fact that I don't pvp at all doesn't negate the fact that he purposely isn't using 3 talents that give him the the things he's asking for.

This just in, dks don't use asphyxiate or remorseless winter in pvp and death pact is a 50% heal not 30 silly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Boneshield baseline. that is all that needs to happen.

oh and the rune taken off of strangulate.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

However it is not a healing cooldown that we need. It's an avoid almost all dmg for a short time cooldown we need.

You are an idiot. Have you never heard of AMS or AMZ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Dude you're 2-13 in arena, you need something
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Dude you're 2-13 in arena, you need something

I don't arena, I pve. I did it a month ago with a guildie and that's all I've done since this xpac came out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
02/16/2013 01:23 AMPosted by Solarfläre
translation i have 1000 hks, i have plenty of pvp experience there for i know what im talking about

I laughed REALLY hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]