Starting a shaman.

90 Troll Druid
Hello all. I was wondering which spec is preferred in leveling a shaman. I am new to shamans and was wondering on every ones opinion. Also which Heirlooms should I use when leveling a shaman. Thanks for advice/help!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
enhancement for questing
resto for dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
or ele, and get the caster BoAs.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Pretty much what Sham said. Ele questing, Resto queues, both share the same BoA's.

Now with BoA's you can do one of two things, either buy all three pieces (head, shoulder, chest) that turn into mail at 40(might be 50)Mystical Coif of Elements Mystical Pauldrons of Elements Mystical Vest of Elements.

Or you can just buy the cloth heirlooms in case you decide to level up any other casters (warlock, mage, priest, mistweaver monk, etc..) Tattered Dreadmist Mask Tattered Dreadmist Mantle Tattered Dreadmist Robe.

Also if you don't intend to PvP you can pick up the BoA staff Dignified Headmaster's Charge so the above classes can also use them. Otherwise get the BoA mace Devout Aurastone Hammer so you can use a shield.

For trinkets I'd go with one of each of Swift Hand of Justice Discerning Eye of the Beast.

Edit : Added item links. Also note there are pvp equivalents of most of the above gear if you have the spare honor to waste but I think they require your realm to have wintergrasp (could be mistaken). One more thing, I prefered the pvp staff Grand Staff of Jordan since it adds a bit of hit.
Edited by Kegstomp on 2/15/2013 6:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I leveled as Ele/Resto with the mail int boas and the caster staff.

Never had any issues at all questing or running dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thanks for the info! I know what I will do now. Much appreciated!!!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
You're very welcome. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I leveled as ele/resto. Ele is unbelievably strong in dungeons, I typically doubled or tripled the other dps'ers in group just by spamming chain lightning. And when the queue was long I got in quick going as resto. Handy having the same gear for each spec.
Edited by Jyntha on 2/18/2013 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]