Demonic Circle Range?

90 Undead Warlock
I've been thinking about this, and after a few lost duels because of having to walk a few feet to get in range of my portal after kiting, I thought it would be a good idea to increase the range of the Demonic Circle Teleport to match that of the Demonic Gateway. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm all for it...but:

It's really up to you to keep track of where you are in relation to the portal...if they increased the range, it would still happen, because we'd still be as far from it as we thought was safe....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Range is far enough, honestly...
Demonic Gateway is 70yds... Demonic Portal is 30. Portal is a much shorter cast time, and the effective radius is a circle instead of straight line between two static points. Additionally, portal goes through walls and breaks slows/roots. If you expect you'll have to move a lot for your portal, take the extra global to move it behind a proper LOS, or just don't get baited away from it without having a reliable self-peel.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for the feedback, I can see now why the range is reduced.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
But! if you want a fun trick for duels...

Drop the portal on one of your gates, before the duel starts (of course, y'know, people might whine...)

teleport and...juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!

Or use the eye glyph to put it up on something, then challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i just use an addon that keeps track of wether or not i am in range, its not hard to manage fighting and tracking your distance
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Maybe theres an addon out there that could let you know when you're in danger of walking out of your portal's range.

i just use an addon that keeps track of wether or not i am in range, its not hard to manage fighting and tracking your distance

Damn it, what this guy said.
Edited by Parsimoniae on 2/18/2013 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]