So how different is fistweaving going to be?

90 Human Monk
Right now it's pretty much this:

-Renewing mists on cooldown
-EH on cooldown
-Keep SZ up
-Keep TP up
-Use soothing/enveloping/surging mists for higher damage
-Auto-attacks are enough for most damage.

Pretty much, it's using special abilities for maintenance rather than the actual heals, and let the auto attack do the good healing for most of the time.

Reading the 5.2 changes, it seems they want us to treat our melee as actual healing spells rather than utility/maintenance spells. Is this true? For example: the tank just took x amount of damage, you react by using jab. The tank just took y amount of damage, you react by using tiger palm. The tank just took z damage, you react by using blackout kick. Is this pretty much what it's like now?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't see anything preventing you from doung what you do now, in 5.2. They have only adjusted Jab to be more expensive without TP, so that you have to use Jab Jab Uplift more wisely. Barring that, it remains to be seen how well pure fistweaving will stack up against the hybrid healing most of us do now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't see anything preventing you from doung what you do now, in 5.2. They have only adjusted Jab to be more expensive without TP, so that you have to use Jab Jab Uplift more wisely.

Haha more wisely? jab jab uplift is the only way we have to try to be competitive againts other healers which is already very expensive ,making mana hard to control . In 5.2 they are increasing the cost of jab even more because they don't want us to be using jab jab uplift(GC said so) but they are taking away what little we have to try compete with other healers without giving us anything to compensate this and as Afiiniti of blood legion said , you gonna see MW stacking massive amounts of spirit just trying to make up for the nerfs somehow to survive 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/17/2013 04:40 AMPosted by Tribasz
I don't see anything preventing you from doung what you do now, in 5.2. They have only adjusted Jab to be more expensive without TP, so that you have to use Jab Jab Uplift more wisely.

Haha more wisely? jab jab uplift is the only way we have to try to be competitive againts other healers which is already very expensive ,making mana hard to control . In 5.2 they are increasing the cost of jab even more because they don't want us to be using jab jab uplift(GC said so) but they are taking away what little we have to try compete with other healers without giving us anything to compensate this and as Afiiniti of blood legion said , you gonna see MW stacking massive amounts of spirit just trying to make up for the nerfs somehow to survive 5.2.

Yep, just paraphrasing GC, doesnt mean I agree with his philosophy, which so far I don't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]