Discussion on the best Race/Class cominations

90 Pandaren Monk
I posted this in the General Forums and was told it might be more appropriate here. This is all for lore, and any opinions or facts that I've overlooked are more than welcome.

Death Knight - Blood Elf/Human
I know people have a lot of hate for the male Blood Elves, but lore-wise they make a LOT of sense. Arthas hit Quel'thelas as well as Stratholme and Lorderon hard which would have resulted in high numbers of Death Knights coming from these areas.

Druid - Night Elf
One with the forest and such. Pretty easy one to do. Only reason Tauren aren't on here also is the Night Elves have been druids consistently, and the Tauren only recently started doing it again.

Hunter - Tauren
When I think of Tauren I think about the Native Americans (obviously). These two combine so well that even though I don't play my Hunter as a Tauren, I think it's still the most Lore-Friendly of them.

Mage - Human/Blood Elf
The Kirin-Tor which is pretty much the Mages members only club is mainly comprised of Humans, High Elves and Blood Elves. Since High Elves are an NPC faction for the Alliance though I figure Humans and Blood Elves make the most sense. I mean Quel'thelas is BUILT on a city of magic.

Monk - Pandaren
Yea.

Paladin - Human
Arthas, Uther Lightbringer/Uther The Lightbringer, Tirion, Bolvar are all some of the greatest (not best) Paladins ever. All human.

Priest - Night Elf (f)
The Priestesses of Elune are the only real reference to a specific deity that comes to mind. And in my mind a priest is supposed to worship something specific.

Rogue - Orc/Undead/Human
This was the hardest one to lock one down on. First off you have the Shattered Hand Orcs, and Garona, one of the first rogues to be introduced to Warcraft way back when (yes i know she's half draenei but they can't be rogues). Then the Undead Deathstalkers. Kind of a stretch but anyone that has a faction dedicated to stealthy arts deserves rogues. Which brings me to Humans. SI:7 and Ravenholdt are two great reasons that Humans get on to this list.

Shaman - Troll
One of the oldest races on Azeroth as conduits for ancient forces of nature.

Warlock - Undead
I just can't help but think that something already undead is something with the least to lose by tapping horrible fel magics.

Warrior - Orc/Human
The name of the first game says it all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Paladin-draenei
Priest-draenei
Mage-draenei
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'mma only do a few.

Hunter - Troll and Tauren

Both of these cultures have a deep respect for the land and the animals within it. They exercise balance and harmony with the land and always use everything they kill. Not to mention the Troll's close companionship with animal Hunters, Raptors and Tigers.

Rogue - Night Elf and Troll

Here we have two races who live almost entirely in the darkness of trees. Night Elves so much so that they have Shadowmeld. And Troll magic is almost always dark, but not a 'corrupted' dark like Warlocks and Shadow Priests, but a 'pure' darkness like literal shadows and the night sky. These two races and a very extensive history with the darkness and stalking in it.

Druid - Tauren

Why? Because I still hold that Night Elven Druids really don't care for balance. Wherever they go, they make trees. And trees are not always best for the environment. The incident with Naralex and the Barrens is one thing. It's a whole 'nother to bring it into the Firelands. If you ask me, the Earthen Ring should be all up on that. The Druids went there to 'keep the place in check and prevent the rise of another Firelord.' But that's stupid. Ragnaros wasn't evil, he just acted on fire's primary instinct - To burn anything it can. The Earthen Ring could give rise to a new Firelord and actually commune with it and keep it in balance with the other elements.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Goblins are the best rogues, even the 2nd command in SI:7 is a goblin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/19/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Pandarock
Death Knight - Blood Elf/Human

Fully agree.

Druid - Night Elf

Definately

Hunter - Tauren

I would add Troll and Dwarf to this.

Mage - Human/Blood Elf

Add Gnomes and Forsaken

Monk - Pandaren

There is no room for debate on this one (having said this I may have started a debate, sorry)

Paladin - Human

Humans are the logical first choice for this though I would add Draenei.

Priest - Night Elf (f)

I understand your reasoning but here I disagree. In Warcraft lore priests are more a spiritual leader than the follower of a god or goddess. That said Night Elves are certainly high on that list but I would include most of the other races except Gnomes, Orcs, and Goblins.

Rogue - Orc/Undead/Human

I would add Goblins and Worgen as making alot of sense for this class.

Shaman - Troll

Orcs are the clear addition to this class

Warlock - Undead

Warlock's are also prevalent among the Blood Elves in lore so I think they would fit well

Warrior - Orc/Human

Pfft. Warrior's do not care what race someone is. We include all races and all people's. As long as you can hit hard, drink hard, and live harder than any other class you are welcome to call yourself a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Tauren- were the first druids.

Orcs- Were the first warlocks.

Draenei- have are monks in Auchiodoun and the draenei race is way older then pandas.

Goblins- are the best rogues, stealing things and small stature.

High elf- The humans didn't know magic at all till the elves taught them.
Reply Quote
As far as Horde characters go?

Orc - Warrior

Troll - Hunter

Tauren - Shaman

Forsaken - SPriest/Rogue

Blood Elves - Warlocks

Goblins - Tinker (imagine a class based around engineering :D) but Mage, because Me.

Alliance?

Human - Priest/Paladin

Dwarf - Warrior

Gnome - Mage

Night Elf - Druid

Worgen - Rogue?

Draenei - Paladin I guess too, but humans fit it better imo. I've been playing warcraft games for a long time I guess old stereotypes die hard.... with a vengeance.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm going to do at least one for each side.

Warrior - Human, Orc. Obviously.

Warlock - Orcs, Blood Elves, Forsaken, Gnomes, Humans. The alliance are hard but it seems like these races have the most representation.

Shaman - Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, possibly Worgen.

Rogue - Not really race specific, even in lore. I gues Humans, Goblins, Orcs have some representation, and Forsaken and Night Elves would be good rogues/assassins due to their racial abilities.

Priest - Night Elves, Human, Draenei, Blood Elves because of the connection with the Sunwell. Forsaken because of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.

Paladin - Human, Draenei, and Blood Elves (Sunwell, Blood Knights)

Monk - Pandaren. Other than that pretty much any individual who ascribes to the general philosphy of the monks of Pandaria.

Mage - Blood Elves first and foremost, then Humans, and Draenei (though their magic is generally more light based, so they may be more inclined to go the path of a priest or paladin).

Hunter - Night Elves, Dwarves, Worgen, trolls, Tauren, and Blood Elves (Farstriders).

Druid - Night Elves, Worgen, and Tauren. I suppose Trolls as they are playable, but I think of them more as Shamans lore-wise.

Death Knight - Obviously Forsaken, and thus following, Humans. Worgen due to the DK questline as a Worgen (explains a lot), and Blood Elves / High Elves because of the attack on Quel'thalas by Arthas.

Surprisingly, even though their society is in shambles, the Blood Elves were well established enough to have a hand in almost everything.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

What?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Maihray

Worgen? What? They aren't shamans, nor should they be.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Monk - Pandaren

Paladin - Human

Shaman - Orc

Rogue - Troll

Druid - Night Elf

Priest(ess) - Night Elf

Warrior - Dwarf

Hunter - Tauren

Mage - Blood Elf

Death Knight - Human

Warlock - Orc
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/20/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Ximothy

Worgen? What? They aren't shamans, nor should they be.

I say Worgen because of the connection they have with nature, particularly the Harvest Witches. In retrospect it is more with living things. Therefore Draenei would be a better fit, considering their culture on Draenor when the orcs originally attacked.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Harvest Witches are primitive druids, not shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 02:06 AMPosted by Maihray
I say Worgen because of the connection they have with nature, particularly the Harvest Witches. In retrospect it is more with living things. Therefore Draenei would be a better fit, considering their culture on Draenor when the orcs originally attacked.

Races that have shamans are actually rather destructive (orcs, trolls, dwarves), so being shamans doesn't mean they are that close to nature.

Plus, worgen don't have any known connection to the elements, thus there's no connection at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Races that have shamans are actually rather destructive

Hey!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Lena
Hey!

You vessel crashed into a island, caused corruption to spread rapidly, caused the elements to get angry at the Draenei, drive many earth elementals crazy and drove a furbolg tribe insane.

Granted, you didn't do it on purpose, but then the orcs didn't blow up Draenor on purpose.

And I didn't even mention draenei!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/20/2013 02:32 AMPosted by Ximothy
Hey!

You vessel crashed into a island, caused corruption to spread rapidly, caused the elements to get angry at the Draenei, drive many earth elementals crazy and drove a furbolg tribe insane.

Granted, you didn't do it on purpose, but then the orcs didn't blow up Draenor on purpose.

And I didn't even mention draenei!

And the draenei cleaned it up. More than most races would do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 02:37 AMPosted by Lena
And the draenei cleaned it up. More than most races would do.

Goblins are VERY respectful and ALWAYS clean up after themselves, thank you!

Besides, being destructive and cleaning up their messes is two different things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]