Setheek Halls: So, about these fears . . .

100 Troll Druid
02/22/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Slashlove
When did "Pull them back" change from being something people just did to avoid things like fears to being "complicated?"

When things started dying within the duration of a stun.

People don't even LoS in HoR anymore. It's just a bunch of DPS running around killing things at random, and winning. (Experience while gearing my Monk for Herald recently)
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
To be fair, that was my very first HoR run ever when it first released in Wrath. Well, it wasn't disorganized though; I queued into a VERY good Warrior tank (and 3 very good dps, surprisingly) who was able to control all of them without LoSing.

Like... for a full pug group that was an amazing run. At that point I was like "screw my hpally, I want to do what that Warrior is doing."
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
To be fair, that was my very first HoR run ever when it first released in Wrath. Well, it wasn't disorganized though; I queued into a VERY good Warrior tank (and 3 very good dps, surprisingly) who was able to control all of them without LoSing.

Like... for a full pug group that was an amazing run. At that point I was like "screw my hpally, I want to do what that Warrior is doing."

That reminds me of a mostly guild run with a prot pally (me), ret pally, holy pally and a lazer turkey. With turn evil and repentance we controlled just about all the pulls. Our pugger's comment was:

"This place is easy with enough paladins."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
People don't even LoS in HoR anymore. It's just a bunch of DPS running around killing things at random, and winning. (Experience while gearing my Monk for Herald recently)

LoS'ing in the corner in HoR was always a very bad strat, especially since you could count on bads getting themselves killed by Flamestrike in the corner. It was a "tactic" designed to help people compensate for bad tanks, not the mark of a good tank :P

Doing it on a Paladin was very fun, just a combination of splitting Consecrate/HW and Judg/AS and corraling things on top of a Rifleman. It's much easier now with lower Judgment cooldown too.
Edited by Slashlove on 2/22/2013 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
02/22/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Slashlove
Doing it on a Paladin was very fun, just a combination of splitting Consecrate/HW and Judg/AS and corraling things on top of a Rifleman. It's much easier now with lower Judgment cooldown too.
AS had such a long cd then, though. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As was said, any time fears are involved, pull the group back. If possible, use line of sight around a corner to get casters rounded up.

Rentrenus, this is Mageski. As a fellow frequenter of the Mage forums I will vouch for you that Bear tanking is fun.

Hi Megeski! :-)

FYI: Majeski is a very talented mage whose tips and advice always make me pay extra attention.

I've been trying out other classes since discovering my hatred of the mage level 90 talents. The fire nerfs leading me to arcane didn't help much either.

My mage remains the most geared and progressed of my toons, but I honestly have more fun when on my level 90 warlock or this tank now. I plan to go back to fire come 5.2, so perhaps that will help.

BACK TO THREAD

So, yes, berserk didn't work, but focusing on the oracles did.

That didn't stop fears from every happening - HOWEVER, when a DPS decides to go run around the room and pull everything in it, well, I don't think there's much of anything you can do in that situation . . .

I honestly wish we would die sometimes. Before that place, I tell the group "this is a tuff spot, careful here", followed by "nah, man, this is easy! LOL" *pulls whole room* 30 seconds later, there we are, still alive, and dps is "see, all good"

:L

But I honestly get a kick out of these situations and eventually to find myself laughing at them.
I also find the tank community itself is quite friendly and helpful, more so than the mage community, would you agree Majeski? :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I seriously was in a group that wiped like 4-5 times in that room.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Warrior
02/20/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Kahzregi
When did "Pull them back" change from being something people just did to avoid things like fears to being "complicated?"

That's a more elegant strategy for a more civilized time.

Hokey strategies and ancient coordination are no substitute for a good facepull.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/26/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Peregryne
Hokey strategies and ancient coordination are no substitute for a good facepull.

The LOS will be with you...always.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have enough fun, good and bad memories of Sethek Halls to not want to run it with today's players if I was leveling another toon from scratch. Not that many weren't idiots back then but when it was current content, folks had to learn it and by heroic level knew enough so it wasn't so bad, just by repetition. As others said, kill prophets first and totems along with line of sight pulls back into a safe zone for fears to happen. That place was an interesting challenge to find the sweet spots to pull groups to. Good training for tanks in general.

Stealth runs through there were fun. Even the solo ones later on to farm for the raven mount when only druids could summon him.

Edit: Peregryne and Chuin win the internets. Thanks for the laugh and I'm stealing those.
Edited by Sionzen on 2/27/2013 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]