Hpal 5.2 changes

90 Human Paladin
Where are they coming from with these nerfs on holy paladin in 5.2?
There may be more but so far I've seen this

The absorb effect of sacred shield can now be dispelled. Okay, so now even more of our abilities we rely on can be dispelled. Making us more vulnerable and forcing us to have to straight heal more.

And Blinding Light being a 1.8 cast time for holy only, but not prot or ret. Firstly, does this even make sense? And second, again, more of our abilities we use instead of healing become useless. When getting low when healing isn't totally an option, this was a great tool. Now it's a cast time so we can get locked out with every single other paladin ability we have.
Edited by Royal on 2/21/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
The absorb effect of SS can be dispelled right now. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well just the 30 second sacred shield can, the 5 second actual damage absorb buff can't
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
No, the actual 6 second absorb can't. The 30s SS buff cannot be dispelled, it doesn't have "Magic" on the buff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Royal
Where are they coming from with these nerfs on holy paladin in 5.2?

They need more monk healers, and don't want monks to be a badly implemented class.
Major buffs to Monks next patch for FotM status.

Tons of pallys. If they can frustrate you into rerolling it helps their numbers.
Edited by Tenacius on 2/22/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Kangamooster
No, the actual 6 second absorb can't. The 30s SS buff cannot be dispelled, it doesn't have "Magic" on the buff.

Yes the first part is what I said, the actual absorb effect cannot be dispelled (5.28 seconds for me). But the 30 second SS buff can be dispelled already. What they're doing is making this 5.28 sec damage absorb also dispellable.

They need more monk healers, and don't want monks to be a badly implemented class.
Major buffs to Monks next patch for FotM status.

Tons of pallys. If they can frustrate you into rerolling it helps their numbers.

Hm at least I can go ret and have a resto druid for next patch :D
Edited by Royal on 2/25/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/25/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Royal
Hm at least I can go ret and have a resto druid for next patch :D

If you're frustrated as a Holy Paladin in PvP and are thinking of going Ret to fix that... I have some bad news for you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/25/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Royal
Yes the first part is what I said, the actual absorb effect cannot be dispelled (5.28 seconds for me). But the 30 second SS buff can be dispelled already. What they're doing is making this 5.28 sec damage absorb also dispellable.

Actually they're flipping them: the shield will be dispellable but the 30-second buff will not be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Actually they're flipping them: the shield will be dispellable but the 30-second buff will not be.

Ahh, well it's not TOO bad then :P

If you're frustrated as a Holy Paladin in PvP and are thinking of going Ret to fix that... I have some bad news for you.

Well it's more like, i'm having a great time as Holy Paladin in PVP and am thinking of going Ret to further this
;)
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
Holy Pallys just got the shaft on this patch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]