What glyph will be replacing Mind spikes?

90 Blood Elf Priest
It's pretty much worthless now and i'm surprised it passed the PTR. What's the next best glyph? Shadow word: Death?
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
Shadow Word: Death? Why? If you pvp you should already have that glyphed. If you only raid there are tons of options...

Dark Binding*
Mass Dispel*
Fade*
Inner Fire
Inner Sanctum
Mind Flay
Vampiric Embrace
Dispersion
Psychic Scream
Renew/PoM coupled with Dark Binding
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Not that i know what im doing, but i dropped it for reflective shield. Swapped out the talents a bit also, since when im getting trained i find it hards to cast anything
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/14/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Merrz
Mind Flay

If you're playing PvE you should already have this.

Less time spent moving is more time spent casting.

In regards to other glyphs, its literally whatever the hell you want.

None of them really effect our damage output to the point where it's a "must have".
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
The only problem with Glyph of Mind Flay is it messes with other movement enhancers like rocket boots and Stampeding Roar. And it's very easy to lose the buff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Personally I don't like the current Mind Flay glyph, it's very counter intuitive to me - I cast this spell that forces me to not move for 3 seconds so that I can move faster afterwards, what? I'll probably be using Inner Fire most of the time so that I take less physical damage, along with Inner Will (which almost always have glyphed except on Wind Lord) and Dark Binding (which I swap out for fights that need my Mass Dispel).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Glyph of Ghostcrawler: Inflict nerfs on target
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
There isn't one glyph that synergizes perfectly into the specialization anymore.

It really doesn't matter which glyph you choose. They all have thier downsides.

All arguements to the contrary are pure conjecture. There is no clear winner.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/15/2013 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Blyaze

Dude, that sounds awesome, a glyph that puts a stacking stat debuff on the target - with all our DoT procs that mobs will die from loosing sta so fast their health pool won't keep up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Glyph of Ghostcrawler: Inflict nerfs on target.

Dude, that sounds awesome, a glyph that puts a stacking stat debuff on the target - with all our DoT procs that mobs will die from loosing sta so fast their health pool won't keep up.

They would give this to us on the PTR and make a stealth change to it on the last week before release.

"Glyph of Ghostcrawler: Inflict nerfs on target. Inflicted nerfs are shared between the target and the caster."

Come on. You know that's exactly how it would happen.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/15/2013 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'd go with
- Mass dispell
- Dark Binding
- SW:D

We lost phantasm, we need to man-up and get some skill cc breakers out :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/14/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Taheraliel
Personally I don't like the current Mind Flay glyph, it's very counter intuitive to me - I cast this spell that forces me to not move for 3 seconds so that I can move faster afterwards, what? I'll probably be using Inner Fire most of the time so that I take less physical damage, along with Inner Will (which almost always have glyphed except on Wind Lord) and Dark Binding (which I swap out for fights that need my Mass Dispel).

You will inevitably be casting mind flay during any given encounter.
You will inevitably be moving during any given encounter.

When you need to move, you will do it fast because you were just standing still getting a movement speed buff. Therefore more time casting spells than moving.

It's pretty straightforward.
Reply Quote
23 Human Priest

This made me chuckle...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I've been trying to look into this as PvP standpoint. I us Dark Binding and Inner Fire. So I could use something else, perhaps Fade 10% damage reduction?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/14/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Merrz
The only problem with Glyph of Mind Flay is it messes with other movement enhancers like rocket boots and Stampeding Roar. And it's very easy to lose the buff.

not to mention we don't cast mind flay nearly enough to ensure that the buff is up when we need it. maybe in 5.2 when we will have much longer dots due to the set bonus.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
Shadow Word: Death? Why? If you pvp you should already have that glyphed. If you only raid there are tons of options...

Dark Binding*
Mass Dispel*
Fade*
Inner Fire
Inner Sanctum
Mind Flay
Vampiric Embrace
Dispersion
Psychic Scream
Renew/PoM coupled with Dark Binding

Sw:d glyph has only been mandatory for heal spec. this guys clearly shadow.

Its not a bad choice for 5.2 if it will put an orb up. Otherswise its gonna be dark bind + MD + reflective shield (which is currently useful in place of MD vs many comps. Lightwaeve & jade procs can put up a shield that will hit them for 60k'ish).
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Made me giggle.
I'll be takeing glyph of Fade myself, 10% less dmg seems nice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Inner Fire or Inner Sanctum depending on the comp
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/14/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Kreeara
Mind Flay

None of them really effect our damage output to the point where it's a "must have".

Pretty much this. Except for Protectors. Should not have flay glyphed on protectors.
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
02/25/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Dictainabox

Pretty much this. Except for Protectors. Should not have flay glyphed on protectors.

Because you rarely, if ever, cast Mind Flay on that fight? :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]