Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(
2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.
2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.
3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.
Titles of previous OT threads:
Retà's Gumbo Pot
Fleurzilla's Spanish Sammiches
Oldwolfe's Singularity Jello
Pipikaula's Buttered Artichokes
Kerias' Kentucky Fried Chicken
Abeille's Chocolate Truffles
Alnair's Braised Pork Belly
Winnifred's Fried Green Tomatoes
Anarri's Soylent Bread
Röth's Flawless Lasagna
Evayle's Pop Tarts
Sensations' Sensational BBQ
Malrius' Marvelous Stromboli
Akaeya's Fruit Cocktail
Rain's Evil Crawfish Boil
Zzar's Fabulous Falafel
Morenn's Ginger Beef Curry
Anohako's Red Beans and Rice
Marathel's Brazilian Pastries
Veroicone's Macaroni Icecream
Glenn's Backyard Barbeque
Jumpies' Jumpy Jumping Beans
Ffraid's Fabulous Souffle
Shammyren's Stupendous Stew
Stormtides' Satisfying Casserole
Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons
Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Eiko's Lazy Pepperoni Rolls
Feyatia's Mussamun Curry
Nerfheals' Nefarious Nourishment
Icecreamsoup's Frozen Soup
Fluffy's Lemon Meringue Pie
Vhalan's Tuscan Bean Stew
Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein
Dayani's Delicious Desserts
Skootalloo's Steak Surprise
Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake
Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes
Iritha's Casserole Surprise
General Flintte's Chicken
This is our home, let's keep it nice!
Healer IRC: http://outofmana.me/healchat/
(from the last thread)
I plan to! I vote Dayani brings peanut butter cheesecake :)
I would make nerdy things. Like, hearthstone cake pops, lock cookies, and health and mana potion drinks >D
Edited by Veroicone on 2/14/2013 6:01 PM PST
As promised, a General Tso's Chicken recipe that I totally stole from the internet (source: http://appetiteforchina.com/recipes/general-tsos-chicken):
Serves 4 as part of a multi-course meal, 2 to 3 as a main entree
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups peanut or vegetable oil for frying, plus 1 tablespoon for stir-frying
8 dried whole red chilis, or substitute 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, for garnish
Scallions, green parts thinly sliced, for garnish
1 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 egg whites
1/4 cup chicken stock, or substitute water
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon chili paste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Prepare the marinade: In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, and egg whites. Coat the chicken to the marinade mixture and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the chicken stock, tomato paste, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, sugar, and the 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Stir until the sugar and cornstarch are dissolved. Set the sauce aside.
3. In a large bowl or deep plate, toss the 1 1/2 cups cornstarch with the salt and pepper. Coat the marinated chicken in the cornstarch and shake off any excess before frying.
4. Heat the 3 cups of peanut or vegetable oil in your wok until it registers 350°F on an instant-read oil thermometer. Working in 2 or 3 batches, add the first batch of chicken cubes and fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
5. Drain the oil into a heatproof container and save for discarding. Wipe the wok with a paper towel to remove any brown bits, but don’t wash.
6. Reheat the wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add another 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the base and sides. Add the dried chilis and garlic to the wok and stir-fry until just fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Return the chicken to the wok and stir well to coat with sauce. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish. Garnish with white sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with white rice and vegetables.
Note from General Flintte: I am absolutely awful when it comes to spicy food, I can barely tolerate any spice at all. So when I made this, I left out the chilis and chili paste, it was still totally delicious.
This just posted in the priest forum OT thread:
Changes to the Disc changes for 5.2. I'm... I... I don't even know what to think!
-Mastery will now strengthen all of Disc's *heals* by .8% along with strengthening Disc's *shields* 1.6% (down from its present 2.5%)
- When heals crit, they will now proc a DA of 100% of the heal (so the player gets healed by the "regular-sized" heal, and a DA copy of the heal, boosted by the caster's Mastery).
-PW:S can now crit
Edited by Ellarix on 2/14/2013 7:27 PM PST
@Flintte. I'm stealing this recipe. I've never considered making General Tsao's Chicken myself. Love that ****
Edited by Taymage on 2/14/2013 8:01 PM PST
I gotta say, the fried chicken pieces were amazingly delicious even before adding the sauce. This is definitely a great recipe.
Totally going to use that recipe Flintte, may change a few things though :3
So I'm a total klutz. Decided to make some late night spiderman mac and cheese and it went badly. So the noodles are cooked and I'm melting the butter but was worried it was going to burn so I grabbed the milk to add it. While grabbing the milk 1/2 gallon container I somehow SMACK the cabinet and since it's a brand new container of milk it went EVERYWHERE. Was like a cold volcano :3 Was all over the stove, the floor, the counter, some on my iPad (was watching Charmed on netflix while in the kitchen >_>), and myself. I wanted to be a chef at one point until I realized I was far too klutzy to be around so many sharp objects.
Dear future husband and/or future boyfriend I live with, I apologize in advance for my klutziness and the things you'll hear me yell :D
Edited by Veroicone on 2/14/2013 8:24 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.