General Flintte's Chicken - Healer OT

100 Blood Elf Monk
02/22/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Pipikaula
I am excite.

Welcome to the big leagues, son.

/pat
90 Night Elf Druid
02/22/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Pipikaula
Holy crap, healing a 25 man raid is FUN!

You are correct sir. I <3 25's.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I miss 25s.
100 Tauren Druid
Thanks everyone. Winni, roll a toon on Madoran, we could use another good priest! Since our holy paladins decided they hate each other (don't ask), we brought in a Disc priest who ... was horrible. I would have preferred they went holy, since we have a good paladin and resto shaman, but they were disc/shadow, and I wasn't about to ask them to respec, reforge, etc., just for a test run. Can someone please explain to me why a priest would roll on and equip ... a heroic 5-man tanking trinket? Can someone also explain to me how on earth it is possible for a Disc priest to literally pull only half my total healing done (as a resto druid in a 25!)?

Heartsings, be excite, very very excite. :D

Edit: Oh, and yes, there were several epic lulz. The warlock pet sprinting towards, and pulling, the Protectors in Terrace while 25 people ran madly for the door was fun, but the poor, flagged, Nelf druid sitting outside of MSV looking for trouble, certainly wasn't expecting a full 25-man Horde raid team to pop out of the door like that. We had just finished summoning the last member, so most of us were inside when our DPS warrior announced there was a flagged Ally buzzing him, try to start something. He got "something" alright...
Edited by Pipikaula on 2/23/2013 8:27 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2013 08:22 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Can someone also explain to me how on earth it is possible for a Disc priest to literally pull only half my total healing done (as a resto druid in a 25!)?

By being afk 75% of the time? That's my guess.
100 Tauren Druid
That would be my best guess, too. I did tell them going in that this wasn't LFR, and effective healing done actually mattered. Apparently it didn't sink in.
100 Blood Elf Mage
"Remove healing tide totem"

"Conductivity is amazing"

*bangs head on desk*
90 Night Elf Druid

*bangs head on desk*

Don't take it all so literal. It is more of an overall discussion of the tier 75 choices or lack there of.
90 Draenei Priest
Can someone please explain to me why a priest would roll on and equip ... a heroic 5-man tanking trinket?

If it's one with mastery, they may have been thinking "mstry r gud. I red it own teh intarnets, n u knt put neting own teh intarnets if it aint tru" then disregarded the tanking on use or proc effect.
Alternately, they used it as a way to iLevel cheese into HoF/ToES LFR. What's their overall iLevel? I've seen a DK roll need on every agility piece he could actually roll need on in a dungeon before. Why they still allow plate wearers to roll need on anything AGI related I have no idea.
Edited by Vhalan on 2/23/2013 9:39 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
Their iLvl is 472, so unless they had an absolutely miserable trinket before, I don't think that would have made the difference.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/23/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Their iLvl is 472, so unless they had an absolutely miserable trinket before, I don't think that would have made the difference.

They're just bad. That is your explanation. They r bad.
100 Blood Elf Mage

*bangs head on desk*

Don't take it all so literal. It is more of an overall discussion of the tier 75 choices or lack there of.

I know you like it to be a lofty discussion of problems with level 75 talents, but you are mistaken. That guy literally wants HTT removed. He suggested getting rid of it for resto, and making it baseline for enh and ele. He also said HTT was not necessary because ascendence was good enough.
1 Tauren Shaman
02/23/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Taymage
I know you like it to be a lofty discussion of problems with level 75 talents, but you are mistaken. That guy literally wants HTT removed. He suggested getting rid of it for resto, and making it baseline for enh and ele. He also said HTT was not necessary because ascendence was good enough.
if resto got buffs to compensate for how strong HTT is, resto would be like

freakin' super op

except when people spread and take aoe damage then they would cry.
Still can't down Garalon, we got him to 15% =(

We keep hitting the enrage timer, we lose too much dps from people kiting. I hate this boss.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/24/2013 06:35 AMPosted by Flintte
we lose too much dps from people kiting

Make healers kite. That way you do two tanks, then three healers, and double check to make sure people aren't targeting the body. Killing legs is the way to go. Shouldn't bother with the body unless all the legs are dead.
02/24/2013 06:40 AMPosted by Sadiemay
we lose too much dps from people kiting

Make healers kite. That way you do two tanks, then three healers, and double check to make sure people aren't targeting the body. Killing legs is the way to go. Shouldn't bother with the body unless all the legs are dead.

That's what I thought, but the raid leader wouldn't listen to me. When we 3 heal it, I've been kiting along with 3 other dps, and when we try 2 healing, we have 4 dps kiting. We finally tried kiting with 2 healers and 2 dps, but then we went back to all dps kiters. One of our healers is a Shaman, and they argued that they could barely heal while moving because they're not mobile, but it's pretty easy to heal yourself while kiting if you're a healer. We did try having the tanks kite, and we had major issues when swapping pheromones; I'd go grab pheromones from the tank and try to run far away from them, but the tank would end up taking pheromones again.

We also had several people suggest just killing legs, but the raid leader insisted on only having melee on the legs and having ranged focus on the body. Should ranged try to stay in the circles as much as possible on legs, or should they just stand in the center without moving around too much?
90 Night Elf Druid
02/24/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Flintte
Should ranged try to stay in the circles as much as possible on legs, or should they just stand in the center without moving around too much?

Our just stack in the center and kill legs. Each leg is 3% of the HP and even outside the circle you can kill the legs faster than shaving off 3%. I'd suggest three healing but since you are already hitting enrage that won't help.
02/24/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Sadiemay
Should ranged try to stay in the circles as much as possible on legs, or should they just stand in the center without moving around too much?

Our just stack in the center and kill legs. Each leg is 3% of the HP and even outside the circle you can kill the legs faster than shaving off 3%. I'd suggest three healing but since you are already hitting enrage that won't help.

If we focus the legs and don't have any dps kite, then we could probably get away with 3 healing. We tried 2 healing while one of the healers kited, and the healer had a lot of trouble keeping the raid up while the other healer kited.

Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I wonder if I am misunderstanding something because the legs spawn every 30 seconds, regardless of how fast they die, which is what convinced us to keep ranged basically focused on the boss, and made the fight significantly faster/easier. We had one tank and healers kiting.
90 Draenei Shaman
If you keep the legs suppressed, you also slow Garalon down, which helps the kiters kite and the dps dps.

The resto shaman should be able to kite quite well... they should give glyphing Riptide a shot (so it has no cooldown; it loses its initial burst heal, which is unfortunate, but Garalon is... a fight where resto shammies often glyph Riptide), and they should definitely have Chain Heal glyphed for the extra range (should be more-or-less standard practice in 10man anyway).

Any time a shaman casts Riptide or Chain Heal, the shaman gets a Tidal Waves buff, lasting for 15 sec and giving them 30% bonus Haste to their next Greater Healing Wave cast (bringing GHW down to well under 2sec cast time) or 30% bonus crit chance to Healing Surge (a shaman's Flash Heal).

So a shaman healing Garalon spams Riptide (mana permitting; it's mana-intensive), hits Chain Heal on cooldown (though while kiting, Chain Heal may not be viable), gets plenty of Tidal Waves uptime, and casts a bunch of GHW.

Additionally, the shaman glyphs Spiritwalkers Grace, which gives them 20 sec of casting lolanythingtheywant while on the move, every 2min. Ideal for kiting.

Additionally, a shaman has Ancestral Swiftness, which allows them to instantly cast a heal which would normally have a cast time. 90sec cooldown.

Of course all that is on top of keeping Healing Stream Totem on cooldown (and using Call of the Elements to give them *back to back* HSTs once every 3min), using HTT three times minimum, and finding a moment or two for SLTs (though admittedly that can be tough on 10man Garalon).

An alternate choice to Call of the Elements might be Totemic Projection (they're both lvl 45 talents); with TP, they can pick up an existing totem and move it elsewhere, if people have already moved out of range of SLT's small radius. Given how much HST heals for, and its complete lack of positioning requirement, I'd say your shaman should stick with Call of the Elements, though.

Oh, a final shaman note - they should definitely be using the lvl 90 Unleashed Fury talent for this fight, and choose their Unleash target *carefully*, because it should always be targetted on a person you're then going to cast a single-target heal on (ie... use it while Chain Heal is on cooldown and you're going to be hitting someone up with a Tidal Waves-buffed GHW or HS).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]