Divine Purpose Proc rate?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is no mention of this in the tooltip but I was wondering if Divine Purpose had a higher proc rate depending on how much holy power you have/spend to set it off.

The point of this being, would it be better to just spam WoG with 1 holy power to have more chances for a free 3xWord of Glory. Or should I build up 3+HP for the higher invested WoG with a chance of a free 3xWoG?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, it does. It's ~8% at 1 HP and ~16% at 2 HP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
But only up to 2 HP (not 3-5), so for a total of +-41%?

Be nice if it was a stacking 8-10% per holy power up to 5 as to Be able to force the divine proc a bit more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It caps at 3 (so a maximum 25% chance).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well 5 for holy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I mean the proc chance caps at 25% (or the equivalent of 3 HP), not HP itself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh so your saying you can only build up to the 25% thats in the tooltip, or an additional 25% of that? 25% chance with no HP, 50% chance with 3 HP?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's 8% at 1HP, 16% at 2HP, and 25% at anything higher than that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Or in other words, it only cares how much HP you SPEND. How much you have stored is irrelevant. This is also why Divine Purpose can proc itself; it doesn't care if you actually have any Holy Power, just that you're casting a "counts as 3-HP" spell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]