Mut: Mastery & Expertise

90 Troll Rogue
So I've been researching for stat priority and every where says one of 2 things.

Agility > Yellow Hit > Mastery > Expertise Cap > Haste > Crit > White Hit
or
Agility > Yellow Hit > Expertise Cap > Mastery > Haste > Crit > White Hit

My DPS isn't terrible, I know my rotation fine. I'm just trying to squeeze whatever I can out of my current gear setup.As far as the priority goes, I'm currently the latter of the two.

My main question is this however: Is the Mastery priority that much of a DPS increase or is sticking with expertise just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Mastery synergizes very well with other stats for assassination, at low gear levels like you are at now you won't see a huge dps increase, .5% at most. In better gear expertise capping can be a larger dps loss, up to about 1.5% in extreme cases but in general it isn't a huge margin.

That said I'm curious why you prefer expertise.
Edited by Fierydemise on 2/16/2013 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Mastery synergizes very well with other stats for assassination, at low gear levels like you are at now you won't see a huge dps increase, .5% at most. In better gear expertise capping can be a larger dps loss, up to about 1.5% in extreme cases but in general it isn't a huge margin.

That said I'm curious why you prefer expertise.

Eh, I kind of see why. It's nice knowing that you won't get those random parries or dodges, regardless of Mastery's relavence. Also, even capping Expertise over Mastery, I'm only losing under 100 DPS. Going full on Mastery has never been that big of a DPS increase, and it's safe going with what you're used too.

:P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
02/16/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Layke
h, I kind of see why. It's nice knowing that you won't get those random parries or dodges

More or less. I was just curious to see if there was a huge difference in the DPS loss/gain on the different priorities.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I thought it was ok to get a random parry or dodge seeing as you still receive the Envenom buff, but are refunded 80% of the energy I believe? So that would give you very high uptime on the buff.

I remember for Mut we used to not care so much about expertise for this reason... why do we care now?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I thought it was ok to get a random parry or dodge seeing as you still receive the Envenom buff, but are refunded 80% of the energy I believe? So that would give you very high uptime on the buff.

I remember for Mut we used to not care so much about expertise for this reason... why do we care now?

Expertise is no more valuable now then its been before, we didn't go out of our way to cap before and we still don't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Yea but for a .5% return with a possible chance at having to miss attacks due to dodge/parry is it really worth it? Considering reforging is a 2 second ordeal for anyone that has reforgelite
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]