Thunderfury mh or OH for 60 twink rogue?

60 Undead Rogue
Was just wondering if I should MH or OH it?

I mainly use combat as my spec, and have been using the highwarlord fist weapon and sword as mh, and thudnerfury as OH, but I am wondering should i use Thunderfury in the MH and a dagger in the OH?
I have the Qiraji Pugio, perditions blade, corehound tooth, and pretty much any other dagger or weapon from the old raids except the deaths sting.
So what do you think?
Reply Quote
Off topic but how long have you been twinking for o.o? you have the original Bonescythe...
Oh and I think you should swap them and put mongoose on the thunder fury considering you attack faster with it=higher proc chance
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
For how long you have likely been at this, I would hope you would already know the answer.

Use your weapon with the highest potential hit. Since Combat's abilities deal % weapon damage, you want a weapon with the highest high-end hit possible.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
I have been playing for a while, I always knew the slower top end dmg was supposed to go mh, and faster in OH for procs, but when browsing through some old topics I was reading that he proc of TF could possibly make it better for MH since it would proc more but I wasnt sure if that was true.

And I do have my TF chanted with mongoose, all of my weapons are.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I have been playing for a while, I always knew the slower top end dmg was supposed to go mh, and faster in OH for procs, but when browsing through some old topics I was reading that he proc of TF could possibly make it better for MH since it would proc more but I wasnt sure if that was true.

And I do have my TF chanted with mongoose, all of my weapons are.

Well, let's do some non-mathematical comparison work.

Your current MH has just under 100 more damage on both low and top end. That means each SS will hit for roughly that much more, or at least should, as I don't know the exact damage calculation. That means that within the time of 3 SS's, Thuderfury would have to proc, since it deals 300 damage.
Edited by Backstabi on 2/17/2013 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Goodness. People see Bonescythe on a 60 and they suddenly lose logical thinking. He got his gear off the BMAH. He's not a vanilla rogue, he legitimately is asking for advice.

Thunderfury proccs a lot, especially in the main-hand. As your main combo point generators involve hitting with the main hand weapon, I would say putting it in the main hand works fine. A friend of mine tested the numbers himself on his fury warrior and found that Thunderfury ended up doing more damage main-hand, than off-hand. As this is true for a fury warrior, I would assume it would be true as well for a rogue.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
^Thanks.

I basically made two rogues, I have one I raid with and this guy that I turned off his XP at 60 and just do old dungeons, been playing this one for like a year, my other rogue I have been playing since release.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Goodness. People see Bonescythe on a 60 and they suddenly lose logical thinking. He got his gear off the BMAH. He's not a vanilla rogue, he legitimately is asking for advice.

Thunderfury proccs a lot, especially in the main-hand. As your main combo point generators involve hitting with the main hand weapon, I would say putting it in the main hand works fine. A friend of mine tested the numbers himself on his fury warrior and found that Thunderfury ended up doing more damage main-hand, than off-hand. As this is true for a fury warrior, I would assume it would be true as well for a rogue.

I wouldn't completely discount him. At least one character he has got old-school Master Sergeant.

Depending on when your friend did these tests, Fury Warriors had a few flat damage abilities that didn't scale with weapon damage, and they used them more frequently than we use Evis.

If your friend tested it now in MoP, then I suppose there is a possibility TF in the MH is better, but the damage difference is big enough that I would doubt it unless TF procs every other hit, which I also doubt.

EDIT:
I used procwatch to monitor TF proc rate - 30000 hits monitoring unenchanted Thunderfury yielded a proc rate of exactly once every 7 swings, with TF mainhand and iblis offhand, which translates to right around 14% proc rate. -Addikted, Blackrock horde

http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Thunderfury,_Blessed_Blade_of_the_Windseeker#proc_rate

Potentially outdated? Yeah, but it's what I found. If it's still correct. your fist weapon MH is better.
Edited by Backstabi on 2/17/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
At least one character he has got old-school Master Sergeant

Yeah I played a lock and rogue in vanilla, and got titles on both of them.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
If you have any sort of dps addon you can test the numbers yourself for verification.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Take it from someone who PvP'd in vanilla with a Thunderfury... Mainhand it. Every time. It's INSANE. Off-hand a fast weapon, either from PvP warlord stuff, or Iblis from Naxx40 if you ever got one.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Honestly the overall difference is so small (especially with the insanely inflated numbers of cata and beyond) that your yellow damage wont really be an issue.

Mainhanding will see a dramatically increased number of procs due to not missing like it will in OH. Your hemo/backstab/sinister strikes will be somewhat smaller, but when you are dealing 3k+ ambushes and 8k+ eviscerates, its not a big issue.

if you want to have the most fun out of your legendary, Mainhand it.
Reply Quote
60 Human Rogue
I've hardly played Combat since Classic & went with either Assasin or Sub for specs. With those 2 specs I have always had TF in my OH. I think its all about your play style & what you enjoy. Have fun with it, thats all that matters.
Edited by Shaylinn on 2/18/2013 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
OH definitely my freind. You want a slow powerful weapon for MH
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
http://shadowpanther.net/twinkweapons51-60.htm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]