Fixing Shadow Priests ...The 'S' Word ?

Buff reverts are making me very sad and quite pessimistic about our prospects in 5.2

That's right, I'm saying it now.

What buff reverts are you talking about? I don't see anything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/21/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Flintte
What buff reverts are you talking about? I don't see anything.

No 20% MB buff
PI reduced from 10% to 5% damage

It's in that set bonus thread on the PTR forums.
Edited by Woadens on 2/21/2013 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Buff reverts are making me very sad and quite pessimistic about our prospects in 5.2

Just 5.2?

At best they will be band-aid fixing the class through the rest of the expansion, and I have no idea what makes you think any of these problems will go away until at least 6.0. Look at Disc - they are repeating the same thing they did in Cata.

They are trying to push out new content so quickly now that they don't have the time for "unnecessary" things like reworking the class's mechanics (which never should have made it past beta).

I wish they could take the time to properly do things right the first time and make a good game instead of hoping to squeeze as much money out of their product before the market crashes and the next big thing comes out.
Edited by Multicidez on 2/21/2013 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Yea, because of freaking PvP.

I'm really not ok with it. PvP whiners strike again. Get OUT OF MY PVE YOU SCRUBS.

Yes, I'm mad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How about the other fix that's been suggested but often overlooked? That being Shadowy Apparitions should just stand there and spam Mind Flay (which doesn't snare to avoid PvP issues) instead of moving towards the target, and increase their proc rate while moving.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just cause them to look like a skull or some sort of projectile that moves toward the target at a decent speed.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Warlock
So not only was MB buff reverted. It is getting NERFED instead.

Mind Blast base damage reduced 17%. SP scaling reduced to 191%, down from 229%.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Just what. the. hell??
Reply Quote

Yea, because of freaking PvP.

I'm really not ok with it. PvP whiners strike again. Get OUT OF MY PVE YOU SCRUBS.

Yes, I'm mad.

Yeah, I'm pissed too. Shadow needed that buff in PvE, but "people were complaining about it in PvP".

I freaking hate that PvP constantly ruins PvE. Just make Power Infusion dispellable if it's such a problem. And why did they buff our 2nd hardest hitting attack if they were worried about our PvP burst? Just buff Mind Flay already.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Just what. the. hell??

It literally makes zero sense. A nerf from live?

I wish GC would come in here and actually tell us what they want for shadow. What problems they see, if any. What fixes and ideas they have.

I have the strong sense this is going to be a lot like Ulduar/ToC was were we fought tooth and nail to point it out to the Development team only to have it thrown back in our faces. Come ICC they go back on what they said claiming "we didnt forsee these issues coming". WE ALL TOLD YOU FOR MONTHS. How could you not?

Makes my head hurt

Honestly Shadow needs more than just +% increases to X spell to be effective in the long run. Just out dated spells and mechanics all over the place. I am hopeful Preists are the class that gets the complete rebuild for the next expansion like Warlocks were this past one and Pallys were in Wrath.
Edited by Pentt on 2/22/2013 5:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
[quote="79781200643]I think the real problem is that SP's have too few tools in the toolkit and the whole spec is really an after thought and poorly executed. Mind Spike? oh sorry only if you want to hurt dps by killing your dots early best wait for those free casts..
And i would be highly offended if a class with 3 dots outstripped a class (warlock) based on dots: UA, Haunt, Doom, CoA, Coruption. If a class deserves the dot title i think there is a slightly more specific one in mind.[/quote]

Too few spells. Too many of our spells trying to do too much. Really starting to show that priests were last in the Beta for changes. Problems all over the place and not just Shadow. Disc is constantly in flux and Holy has been a steaming pile
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/20/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Tehzor
http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html
I linked what is actually happening, and what is actually happening is spriests are coming 4th.
I recall hunters simming 3 of the bottom 5 spots and yet they actually do fairly decent.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/22/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Tharna
http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

I linked what is actually happening, and what is actually happening is spriests are coming 4th.

I recall hunters simming 3 of the bottom 5 spots and yet they actually do fairly decent.

Our DoTs are too strong while our single-target (Mind Flay) is too weak.

On any sort of multi-DoT situation, like Will of the Emperor, we're easily in top 2-4 specs. In PvP where we can multi-DoT a team of 3 people in arena or have 5-10 targets in RBGs...it's not difficult to see a freecasting Shadow Priest doing great damage (I find myself either topping damage or close to it almost every time).

Then we get to single-target damage. On Sims, actual results, PvP, whatever you want to look at the only thing a Shadow Priest beats in single-target is someone who f*$&s up or strongly outgears. That's it.

We do alright in PvP because once we get MB on cooldown and DoTs rolling...we don't cast Mind Flay but instead cast heals (which are getting nerfed) or Dispels. This will change next patch as we get focused 24/7 due to the Fade nerf and we will struggle to find enough time to get out VT/MB.

Unfortunately this stark contrast between multi-target and single-target situations means that overall we look good, but it doesn't show the truth that we'd rather be balanced and not have such a massive variance in effectiveness depending on the nature of the encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think i'm more sad at the fact they openly said "We're nerfing this b/c of PvP". Of course we knew they do this, but rarely do they ever just say this. And, of course, this spills into PvE, like always.

The PI change is the one that is srsly griping me atm as I was finally going to get to be a little more active in my CD management. Back to ToF as 5% is not going to = to 15% over all in the execute phase.

I did like them saying that they were concerned with SPs being able to use this with CDs. The reason i liked this was that it made me laugh. As of now, we don't really cast in PvP, and if we do, it's VT or instant heals. MB is on the instant plate with MS procs making it so...which is going away as well. So, they are saying that they are concerned if a Spriest uses PI, they will be able to cast? Damn if a caster is able to cast...shocking! How about we get 1 spell that is an insta-kill, but has a 6 sec CD...might as well at this point with the nerfs just steadily coming in on the spec.

..........and ppl wonder why I play holy dps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/22/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Ponderous
did like them saying that they were concerned with SPs being able to use this with CDs.

You mean our Mind Spike Procs GC says are our CDs?
Edited by Blowmeup on 2/22/2013 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
4th out of all classes and specs is bottom of the barrel? lolwut?

source: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/100/7/180/default/#1111111111111111111111111111000000

Stop posting this garbage. You have a filter setting that basically shows all (ten manlol), including outliners and specs no one plays.
Edited by Mindplague on 2/22/2013 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Just what. the. hell??

That's what it is on live.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=8092
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/22/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Mindplague
Stop posting this garbage. You have a filter setting that basically shows all (ten manlol), including outliners and specs no one plays.
25 man they're 6th just fyi. and like 80% of the guilds that still raid are 10 man so not sure where you're getting this "lol10man" from.
I could take off the filters and just include the top specs of each class and you'd still be around the same if not slightly higher from certain classes (mages/locks *cough*) having 2 op specs.

get over it, you're in a good place, certainly much better than other classes. you just want buffs cause you're not top every fight like you wanna be.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/22/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Tharna
25 man they're 6th just fyi. and like 80% of the guilds that still raid are 10 man so not sure where you're getting this "lol10man" from.
I could take off the filters and just include the top specs of each class and you'd still be around the same if not slightly higher from certain classes (mages/locks *cough*) having 2 op specs.

get over it, you're in a good place, certainly much better than other classes. you just want buffs cause you're not top every fight like you wanna be.

^ this guy....*sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/22/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Tharna

So I guess we should bring Blood DKs for DPS over Frost DKs....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]