PVP Tournament

85 Gnome Mage
Putting out some feelers to see if there would be any interest in this. This is just a rough outline and will obviously need some fine tuning.

There's been more than the usual amount of smack talk over the last couple of weeks re: ratings/winstreaking/wintrading/blah blah. Why not find out who is top cat.

How about a little Barthilas tournament where the winners get bragging rights AND gold?

- 5v5 double elimination
- 10v10 single elimination
- 2v2 double elimination

Entry fee 2v2 - 4k (per team)
Entry fee 3v3 - 6k (per team)
Entry fee 5v5 - 10K (per team)
Entry fee 10v10 - 20K (per team)

Rules
- Best out of 3 to advance to the next around.
- There's a sudden death losers bracket.
- There's only one winner in each bracket. Getting 2nd/3rd means you probably won't be as ridiculed as those who don't enter or bow out in the first round.
- The gold sits in a pool and is given to the winning team of each bracket. No runner up prizes.
- Screen shots must be posted of each win/loss.

Map Selection (10v10)
Warsong Gulch, Eye of the Storm Arathi Basin, Battle for Gilneas and Silvershard Mines . Each team can veto one map leaving 3 to play.

I know 5.2 is coming so we should do this fairly quickly.

Thoughts/ideas

I was hoping to make this more of a Gurubashi/Blade's Edge arena event but given the amount of idiots on this realm war-games seems like a better option.

I thought about opening it up to realm (none for 2v2, 1 for 5v5, an 2 for 10v10) but I'm not convinced.

Over to you kids.

Interested Parties

10v10
No Dice
Tahamoot - Looking for team

5v5
Alliance - Jovie
Alliance - Odras

3v3
Alliance - Jovie
Alliance - Odras

2v2
Alliance - Odras
Edited by Houklol on 2/20/2013 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
3v3?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Updated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Chur, since this is going to be wargames, can I bring in players from different servers? Or does that destroy the whole point of the torne?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
We've discussed xrealm but for now it's no as it's a Barth competition and I think having massive teams from xrealm would ruin the homegrown aspect of it.

If we get lots and lots of interest in having xrealm allowed me may end up considering a limit on it per team/bracket.
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
aw yuh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I just don't see this getting the numbers, being last minute and all.

Edit: Are we limited to the toon we sign up on? or can we swap out to different classes?
Edited by Cheesecake on 2/18/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Houk is right the problem with hosting it at say stv or Nagrand arena is without a doubt you will have some baddies jump in and try to ruin the matches.
I havn't persobally done war games that much can they be qued against enemy factions?
Edited by Mutator on 2/18/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Problem with hosting it at say stv or Nagrand arena is without a doubt you will have some baddies jump in and try to ruin the matches.
I havn't persobally done wae games that much can they be qued against enemy factions?

Was the entire reason we've decided to do wargames. As having it in an world arena situation would've been cool for spectators, but you would get guilds renowned for ganking/griefing world events show up.

02/18/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Cheesecake
I just don't see this getting the numbers, being last minute and all.

Even last minute, 3 games is less than an hour you could knock out an tournament bracket of bo3 with 10 teams in an afternoon assuming everybody actually showed up.

But yes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
so pretty much Houk chooses two teams to arena agaisnt each other, and the winner screenshots for proof of winning?

Sounds like alot of effort for Houk, good stuff mate
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Everyone signs up. I'll generate a random round-robin tournament match up. Post it. Then we'll run with that. It's fairly easy to do this randomly. If everyone knows who they are fighting they can match it up themselves and post who wins.

Just need the teams. There's already a HUGE assumption that those who don't partake are the win traders/talkers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Everyone signs up. I'll generate a random round-robin tournament match up. Post it. Then we'll run with that. It's fairly easy to do this randomly. If everyone knows who they are fighting they can match it up themselves and post who wins.

Just need the teams. There's already a HUGE assumption that those who don't partake are the win traders/talkers.

*Looks at Challengerjacent*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cheesecake, be my 2s partner
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I will personally fund No Dice's 10v10 entry
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/18/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Palmo
Cheesecake, be my 2s partner

Disc/ww :3
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Can I grab a list of registers players/teams and I'll start listing them. It'll be a good way to gauge interest.

If there's anyone looking for a partner/s list what bracket you want to try and your class/spec.

I'll probably need two or three others to run things so hola if you're keen.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Il be happy to help run it, horde side anyone know if you can war game enemy factions?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/18/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Mutator
Il be happy to help run it, horde side anyone know if you can war game enemy factions?

Yeah, if you're in a safe zone like Dal.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Jaii
I will personally fund No Dice's 10v10 entry

Another No Dice Victory!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
a shame Wargames dont scale everyone PVP gear to be even
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]