Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
to make up for the loss they increase what the cash shop has to offer
1. More mounts
2. More pets
3. Xmog gear
4. The ability to buy more character slots per realm (like buying a page of 11 character slots. Still a cap of 50 toons per account)
5. They put some development time into making new races you pay for, but are neutral (like pandaren) and can go to either horde or alliance. These races would be one that normally wouldn't fit the new xpac race thing.
6?. Being able to buy class/race combo you normally couldn't be. Like Gnome Hunter.
An example of 5 would be like Naga.
How do you feel about the removal of the monthly fee?
How do you feel about how they are making up the money?
a free transfer per month sub would be nice.... or given a token per month to do transfer/name change/ race change... mayybee... valor/honor. something to add to wanting to keep a subscription.
Make lvl1 transmogable gear in a ingame store like "replicas" of stuff
id mostly like to see more Character customization over everything.
..a perfect example of why knowing the difference between "then" and "than" is an important thing.
How is it possible to "quit with dignity" if you're going to continue to play?
I wouldn't care.
1. Mounts will become commonplace as everyone buys them. There is no uniqueness in a million sparkleponies, disco lions, noodle dragons, etc.
2. Unless the pets are overwhelmingly powerful in pet battles, I wouldn't care.
3. Transmog will follow the same as mounts. There will be a million purple pallies and dk starter geared people running around.
4. I'm tired with 1 90. I don't need more slots.
5. I race changed, and it wasn't to a Panda. I like humans.
6. Repeat of #5.
No monthly fee for the introduction of goods and services I wouldn't want anyways, sounds good in my book.
.a perfect example of why knowing the difference between "then" and "than" is an important thing.
Sorry I goof up my thens and thans. And I was only saying if WoW announced they were going F2P I would stop playing. All I meant.
No, they would lose too much money which would impact their ability to develop the quality of content we are use to.
Blizzard will likely never remove the sub fee for the game as long as it is producing such a large and stable income.
Also fail2play games are horrible.
Personally, I would hate this.
I play WoW because I can enjoy all of it for a mere $13 a month. Blizzard wouldn't be able to get the same number of players to pay as much purely through vanity, meaning they would have to crank out a whole lot more of it and restrict access to it in-game to make it more appealing to pay for. That's no fun for anyone involved.
The other F2P option involves buying power, which is terrible for more obvious reasons.
There are F2P games available for those who can't/won't set aside money in their entertainment budget for the small subscription fee that quality titles require - but they also come with all the downsides that being a F2P title includes. I would hate for WoW to have any one of those downsides.
Adding more services like characters slots and storage is fine by me, but believing they could support the game for more than a month is sadly just wishful thinking.
No NO NO NO.. Doing that would kill this game for many of us.. there are plenty of F2P cash store games around.. if you really think they are cheaper then go play them,, I think you will find out rather quickly, F2P is not so Free
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.