.... You're planning on doing THAT blizz?

90 Blood Elf Priest
So I was reading http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7894109522 and began to think "who would be a good warchief for the horde?". Of course, gamon, hogger, and basic campfire all came to mind, but I decided to stick with a true horde leader. And that's when I realized... they had none.

I started to debunk why no one would work. Then, I noticed a bigger theme.

Assuming all the possible leaders, there is none that is truly pro-horde like garrosh is. Lor'themar dislikes the alliance, but isn't past negotiating with them. Bairne would love to work with the alliance. Gallywix sells out everyone but his dad (d'awww) for profit. Thrall.. well... he's neutral already... Vol'jin HAS worked with the alliance in the past, and lastly Sylvanas, while just as anti-alliance as garrosh, isn't as pro-horde as much as she is pro-forsaken. And once again I think Sylvanas, while she would make an excellent warchief, would never become warchief wiithout the entire horde leaving.

SO. with every future warchief being completely tolerable to the alliance... we now remember this passage from Velen's short story.
Instead of the prince, an armored warrior stood before him, his plate helm and breastplate shining with the essence of the Light itself. The warrior wielded a sword forged from the same material as the armor, held it aloft as he perched on an outcropping... Whether it was on another world or Azeroth, Velen couldn't quite tell. And suddenly the dark sky above erupted with the combined chivalry of Azeroth's races. The blood elves, orcs, trolls, tauren, and even the accursed undead and scheming goblins rode flying mounts of every sort and description. They were armored and armed in magical weaponry glowing with so much power it hurt Velen's eyes to look at them. Beside the legions of the Horde, the ancient night elves charged with humans, dwarves, and gnomes, whose ancestors formed the original Alliance, and the shape-changing worgen were united with them. Velen's own draenei bolstered the army, their ranks adorned in otherworldly metals and bearing crystalline maces and swords.

After this xpack, Blizz is going ot make the horde join the alliance in pacts and such to make up for Garrosh. I say heck no. Garrosh wasn't the best warchief, but at least he didn't pamper Anduin. In fact, he broke every bone in that Marty Stu's body. Good for Garrosh. Keep the Horde the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The next expansion is likely a Burning Legion one. It is best not to divide yourselves with petty infighting when the bowels of the Twisting Nether open up and spill hellfire across your planet.
Reply Quote
The next expansion is likely a Burning Legion one. It is best not to divide yourselves with petty infighting when the bowels of the Twisting Nether open up and spill hellfire across your planet.

It's almost as if we stopped them three times before!

I mean, we only killed one of their greatest leaders, one of our magi killing their supreme leader (a Titan, even!) and punched one so hard he was literally sucked into the void, but nah, we're totally screwed. Yup.

02/18/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Mashedorbake
After this xpack, Blizz is going ot make the horde join the alliance in pacts and such to make up for Garrosh. I say heck no. Garrosh wasn't the best warchief, but at least he didn't pamper Anduin. In fact, he broke every bone in that Marty Stu's body. Good for Garrosh. Keep the Horde the Horde.

Everyone's gonna be neutral after MoP. It just something we're gonna have to deal with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Melyria

I'd rather see the petty fighting continue and the Army of Light thing fall apart. Let's remember that Velen's visions aren't 100% ironclad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Working with the Alliance doesn't make you anti-Horde.

We don't have to be enemies. In fact, it would make more sense if we weren't.

It's just that PvP junkies - and Blizzard - has a really weird WC2 hard on that makes them crave faction violence to the point where any irrational and stupid reason to keep it going will be accepted as canon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
This is the third expansion in a row where the Horde and Alliance are fighting over nothing else but stupid hate.

I could go for a breather. Especially since I've lost all faith in Blizzard writing up any good reasons to go to war.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"I mean, we only killed one of their greatest leaders, one of our magi killing their supreme leader (a Titan, even!) and punched one so hard he was literally sucked into the void, but nah, we're totally screwed. Yup."

For one, that was an avatar of Sargeras and that battle was lost intentionally. Second, we have NEVER seen the burning legion at their full strength. Every victory we've had against them was us preventing that invasion from happening.

(First time posting, sorry for the fail quote)
Edited by Tylorlastor on 2/18/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is the third expansion in a row where the Horde and Alliance are fighting over nothing else but stupid hate.

I could go for a breather. Especially since I've lost all faith in Blizzard writing up any good reasons to go to war.

Stop having the goddess damned Horde attacking the Alliance and leave the Alliance land they've taken for starters. If they would stop attacking and work with the land and resources they already had, ASK instead of attacking, and not attack if told 'no. Piss off', then something might be done.
Reply Quote
42 Human Hunter
02/18/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Kynrind
Stop having the goddess damned Horde attacking the Alliance and leave the Alliance land they've taken for starters. If they would stop attacking and work with the land and resources they already had, ASK instead of attacking, and not attack if told 'no. Piss off', then something might be done.

They did. At first they were trading for said resources and the NE where ok with the Orcs until, you know, Wrathgate and such. Then they refused to trade but the Tauren were going to negotiate with the NE but the whole group was ambushed with the intent to pin it on Garrosh and the Orcs. It worked. Now they aren't talking. Especially with full blown war going on. Aside from the other forested area north of Org there isn't any other place the Orcs can get any real resources.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
They did. At first they were trading for said resources and the NE where ok with the Orcs until, you know, Wrathgate and such.

False. The Night Elves and Orcs were always at war since the start of WoW some 6 odd years or more prior to the current events of MOP.

The Silverwings vs Warsong. The lumber mills. The scouting parties into the barrens. There wasn't open warfare but they weren't allies, they weren't friends.

02/18/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Hammerlóck
Aside from the other forested area north of Org there isn't any other place the Orcs can get any real resources.

Because the Orcs specifically never worked the land and ruined any chance for irrigation because of the polluted Southfury River. The orcs had ever chance to turn Durotar into suitable land.
Edited by Melyria on 2/18/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
False. The Night Elves and Orcs were always at war since the start of WoW some 6 odd years or more prior to the current events of MOP.

Not false.

In the Shattering novel, it states that the Night elves broke off trade with the Horde in protest of the Wrathgate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/18/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Ximothy

Not false.

In the Shattering novel, it states that the Night elves broke off trade with the Horde in protest of the Wrathgate.

So then why were the Warsong actively hacking down Night Elf land for some 2+ years? And why were the humans allying with people giving resources to the Horde?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
So then why were the Warsong actively hacking down Night Elf land for some 2+ years? And why were the humans allying with people giving resources to the Horde?

We don't know how long the conflict in Ashenvale has been going on. For all we know, Warsong Gulch could just be a single battle that ended before BC began.

What we do know is that, before Wrath, the Orcs and Night Elves were trading (I believe the Night Elves gave the Orcs lumbering and hunting rights in Ashenvale and the Horde gave exotic hides and ore or something). And the Night Elves stopped in protest of the Wrathgate, for some reason.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/18/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
And the Night Elves stopped in protest of the Wrathgate, for some reason.

Let us say Russia and America were conducting joint naval maneuvers, some point during the Cold War.

One of the nations own little internal cliques steals a nuke, smuggles it to the site of the maneuvers, and blows up everything.

Would you not expect the other nation to be just a wee bit upset?
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
/popcorn
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I mean, we only killed one of their greatest leaders, one of our magi killing their supreme leader (a Titan, even!) and punched one so hard he was literally sucked into the void, but nah, we're totally screwed. Yup.

And it's almost like the world ended multiple times and we suffered great casualties!

Sargeras was delayed by a few mere moments and it took sacrificing the blessings on Nordrassil to stop Archimonde. Kil'jaeden was only half in and we just pushed him out.

It also appears you haven't read the Last Guardin, it's a good novel and I would recommend it. In it Aegwynn doesn't beat a Titan, she beats only the avatar of one and he let her beat him so he could possess her. So really, she didn't even beat an avatar of a Titan.
Edited by Vicara on 2/18/2013 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
42 Human Hunter
Blizz isn't going to put a Human Prince onto leadership of the Horde. That's just....well I have no words for that.

The Horde and Alliance will work together when something bigger, nastier, and more powerful than either of them alone comes along. The opening cinematic illustrates this perfectly albeit on a far smaller scale. They'll work together defeat a way bigger threat. Doesn't mean that they're friends or that they'll stay friend when it's over. They just have survival to worry about.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Siast

Persistent little bastards aren't they...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]