Your opinion of healing spheres?

55 Goblin Death Knight
I dislike their mechanic. I often see them taken by dps when tanks need them more, or they're altogether left unused and wasted. Tanks can't always move over them because the boss will face a different direction or hit them from behind. Will this be improved?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
In 5.2 they are supposed to auto-heal people after a set time limit. Should help.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I like running around LFR stealing them all for myself, sometimes...

>.>
<.<
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
They're no different than the mystic's orbs in TERA, people who know what they are capable of doing will notice them and use them if need be, others who have no idea what they are will never notice them and avoid them.

Then there are those who will dodge them when you try to heal them by playing one near their feet lol.

Then again it has the same issue as the light well did... everyone is focused on their hotbars, meters, and various bars that they ignore everything else.
Edited by Loghaine on 2/19/2013 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

>.>
<.<

"Bubbleleslelslslslslslsls"

/finding nemo reference

Thankfully they're getting changed. It's basically like lightwell, rain, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

>.>
<.<

"Bubbleleslelslslslslslsls"

/finding nemo reference

Thankfully they're getting changed. It's basically like lightwell, rain, etc.

MY BUBBLES!

Sharkbait, Oh-Ha-Ha!

(God I babysit my nephew a lot...)

Would say they are more like the glyphed version of lightwell, (lightspring?), with the autocast feature being built into it now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
http://tinyurl.com/bdcvzx6
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like telling people "run into my balls if you want healed".
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
02/19/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Lightning
In 5.2 they are supposed to auto-heal people after a set time limit. Should help.

I thought expiring yields a 60% heal only?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I love the design of the casted spell healing sphere. I hate the mastery with a passion. It just does not fit in with the idea of a monk.

The changes they are making to it just feel like a bandaid rather than an intelligent design.
Reply Quote
I'm past not liking them. What I don't get is why they thought that mechanic would work in the first place? If I'm Blizzard and I'm brainstorming a mastery for the new healing class, unless it's the last thing to hit on and I've already given them this amazing toolbox and I want to put a check in the mastery done box, I'm not going to make it require player intervention. The very existence of lolwell is like a fable about how stupidly useless even the most awesome heal becomes when it requires players to activate it. So now they have to sweep in and add a little automation on the end because, quite frankly, the only people making use of them are just accidentally running over them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/19/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Kuruptionz
I like telling people "run into my balls if you want healed".

Me and another MW always remind the guild… MOAR BALLZ!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I love the design of the casted spell healing sphere. I hate the mastery with a passion. It just does not fit in with the idea of a monk.

Despite the fact that I agree with

the only people making use of them are just accidentally running over them.

I think they do rather feel "monk"-ish. It has the whole, "I can show you the path but I cannot walk it for you." However, when monks first hit the ranks, they were murdering the meters and their mastery did not need to be very strong. Now that they have been toned down a lot due to massive outcries, having them heal upon expiration is a good way to balance out the mastery. I don't think Blizzards intention was ever to have anyone's mastery be their #1 heal/#1dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Here's what I would do ... I would redesign how the spheres worked like this and tell me this doesn't fit in with current monk theme =)...

Each orb that is generated will channel X amount of healing to a unit within 10 yards of the orb over Y seconds. This can switch targets and will be consuming when the amount of healing is done.

Basically staying within 10 yards of the orb will heal the target. It will channel the heal (similar to soothing mist) on a nearby target (smart heal). It ends up with the orbs being more like the mastery being an extra HoT as opposed to something more random.
Reply Quote
Aside from the expiration popping as has been mentioned, I imagine in high movement fights a high mastery would be good because people could not help but trip over them if they are EVERYWHERE. I haven't got to put this into practice though. Besides, they only pop when someone below max health falls on them, so they are nor busted on full health targets. On very-close-to-full maybe, but at least not full.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I imagine in high movement fights a high mastery would be good because people could not help but trip over them if they are EVERYWHERE.

The high movement fights are actually the opposite. Since you are moving around so much, it adds to the amount of space that balls can spawn with more of them going to waste just because they are in the wrong part of the room.

It's always fun seeing mastery balls spawn on top of wind bombs and pools of death too. It's like, here's healing but in order to get the healing, you need to DIE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'd like monks to have a glyph or something to give them a bit of control where it goes.

e.g. balls now spawn around your statue instead of you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Here's what I would do ... I would redesign how the spheres worked like this and tell me this doesn't fit in with current monk theme =)...

Each orb that is generated will channel X amount of healing to a unit within 10 yards of the orb over Y seconds. This can switch targets and will be consuming when the amount of healing is done.

Basically staying within 10 yards of the orb will heal the target. It will channel the heal (similar to soothing mist) on a nearby target (smart heal). It ends up with the orbs being more like the mastery being an extra HoT as opposed to something more random.

I've always wondered why the 'absorb box' around the spheres was made so small. I think, if they increased its range slightly people would be more willing to run through them, or even accidentally run through them. There have been times on Stone Guard that spheres have spawned in the center of Amethyst pools and every time I see them I think, I'm close enough I should be able to absorb it without stepping into the pool. But alas, the dmg from the pool negates the whole purpose of the sphere. It's like one step, one step! but it's useless to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]