Warlock falling in love with a Paladin?

90 Human Death Knight
Possible?
Likely?
Would you accept the couple in RP?

I'm just curious because I'm role playing a warlock and well.. she is starting to fall for a very accepting paladin, so please tell me your thoughts :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Sure, why not.

If a gnome and a human can find love in this crazy world, or an archmage and a dragon, then a warlock and a paladin ought to, as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
YAY! <3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It would seem the onus is on the paladin player to come up with an explanation for why they tolerate a warlock.

Or maybe you can learn how to seduce from your succubus.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk

Or maybe you can learn how to seduce from your succubus.

You learn it when you sacrifice the succubus.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/19/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Mohrrk
It would seem the onus is on the paladin player to come up with an explanation for why they tolerate a warlock.

It makes sense to fall in love with a paladin. They're so gosh darn lovable. Especially when they're hopelessly naive. Doesn't mean the paladin has to reciprocate though.
Reply Quote
While it's possible on paper, it's pretty freaking damn unlikely.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Be careful with unlikely character ideas.

Sure, you can justify it, but a good RP concept shouldn't take two hours to explain. You're most effective when you can bring someone up to speed in about thirty seconds - because that's how much time you really get.

Save the secrets and the character conflicts for people who want more - who RP with you on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
A Steamy Romance Novel: Northern Exposure
Reply Quote
Don't try and use logic on love. The two are in completely different leagues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A Steamy Romance Novel: Northern Exposure

LOL! omg I read them all! Marcus is such a dirty man xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Don't see why not. Possible? Yep. Improbable? You'd better believe it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I don't see why it's improbable.

If the warlock was, say, hellbent on subverting and destroying everything the Paladin strove for, then it wouldn't even be a question. They would be enemies.

But being a "dark caster" is hardly grounds for revulsion. If anything, opposites attract.

Or in the words of TVtropes, Dark Is Not Evil.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/19/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Draile
I don't see why it's improbable.

I think so too.

Should probably keep the demons away from him though... they might be a little scared of him.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My paladin wouldn't have a problem with wooing a warlock.

Then again, my paladin isn't really a paladin in the strictest sense. Blood Knights ftw!
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
I find warlocks really alluring, the whole dark magic thing. But maybe that's just because I'm undead, a Blood Elf, and have considered the benfits of joining the Legion more than once (but I'm getting help, Pandaria is teaching me). And I also like Demon Hunters. I'm very complicated and contradicting, moving on.

You can justify it, no problem. Would I peg that for a stellar romance at first glance, probably not, but you guys would be one hell of a combination on the battlefield. Invest in some premarital couseling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
It's unlikely if it is the Alliance, but if it's blood elf then it could happen.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 03:48 AMPosted by Suwukong
It's unlikely if it is the Alliance, but if it's blood elf then it could happen.

I wouldn't say unlikely.

A dashing paladin, trying to convice a warlock to change her ways, but instead falls in love with her and comes to understand her reasons? Completely do able.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]