Sha of Anger

90 Night Elf Druid
Hello! I was just wondering what ilvl would be required to tank Sha?

also if there was anything i would need to do while doing said tanking
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
People killed him at like 87.

Its also a 40 man, with multiple raids tag sharing on servers that aren't terrible, so you can probably just join a raid and nobody will even notice what role you are if theres a tank already.

There are adds to be picked up, but I have yet to see them tanked and not just causing healers to have to run back
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/13/2013 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Tanked him at 88. Took a few crits, was wearing mostly dungeon blues.

He's not really hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The biggest thing to worry about is someone in your raid being flagged for pvp. When your healers heal them, they get flagged. Then the opposing faction starts beating on your healers. Then you're basically fighting the boss AND another raid group.

Sha itself is pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i dinged 90, grabbed a set of 450 crafted gear, rings and amulet, did the arena of annihilation scenario for a 450 weapon and jumped into a sha group.

I was one of the tanks rounding up adds, but still, we dropped him no problems.

He's a loot pinata. Consider him such for ilvl reqs :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
thanks for the replies!
so i should be fine with my two greens? (rng has not been kind to me)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yes, you will be fine in your current gear. It is not hard at all and even if you fall dead, you can usually run back very quick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
By far the easiest tanking assignment for Sha of Anger is to main tank the boss; you don't have to do anything except attack him and stay inside his attack radius; he does not move or turn, and you don't need to swap tanks at any particular time. Since the main tank is not immune to Aggressive Behavior, it is usually a good idea to have at least two tanks on this assignment.

If you are asked instead to tank adds, it can be hectic and messy, since there are usually multiple tanks attempting it in a disorganized way, and it can be hard to tell whether any particular add is being tanked by someone else or is eating your healers. Making intelligent use of your raid frames to see who has aggro and who is taking damage will help a lot.

Really, the most important thing is to ask your raid leader, or co-ordinate with the other tanks, as to whether you should be tanking the boss or running around going after the adds.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If I happen to be on adds for Sha I set him to focus to see who is primary target is in case the Sha tank gets mind controlled I can quickly taunt to keep him from eating the DPS.

With multiple tag sharing groups you dont know who the tanks are in the other groups so I just watch his target and if they are dropping fast I will taunt and take over. At least until some other tank decides to taunt off me when I dont need them too.

If I am MT'ing Sha and I get MC'd I will say that I've been MC'd in hopes that another tank in my group will grab him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Arnblas
If you are asked instead to tank adds

OMG, you've been in raids where they actually bother to TALK about who's going to tank the boss and who's going to tank adds? Never have I seen such awesome coordination.

I usually just see 3-5 tanks trying to figure out for themselves who's going to pick up the boss, who's going to round up adds (if anyone does), and what to do when a tank gets mind controlled.

To return to the original topic: pretty much any level 90 tank should be fine, and you can even do it lower as some people in this thread have already testified.
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Druid
thanks for all of your responses! i will tank the crap outta him
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
In my experience, tanking a Sha goes something like this...

Starting off with 3-4 tanks on adds...
*tanking the adds*

30 seconds later...
*gets mind controlled* (still 2-3 other tanks tanking the adds)

30 seconds later...
*still mind controlled, now joined by 2nd tank*
"Somebody break me out, please?"

30 seconds later...
*both tanks still mind controlled* (still 1-2 tanks on adds)
"Seriously, guys, break us out."

30 seconds later...
*one tank gets mind controlled and the remaining tank dies*
"OMG. You guys suck so much. No add control whatsoever. How can you fail so hard?"
"We're all still mind controlled."

And then somebody semi-competent breaks you out and the cycle repeats itself until you wipe or (more likely) the boss dies anyway.

If that sounds like something that is fun to you, I highly recommend tanking Sha.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
nobody will want or let you tank until you're 90.

just pretend you're tanking adds and afk for loot.

most groups want 8 freaking tanks on it anyways.

02/14/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Tempestuous
30 seconds later...

You know the MC only lasts 30 seconds... right?

Aggressive Behavior
Controlled by the Sha of Anger.
Damage dealt increased by 200%.
Health increased by 200%.
Removed at 50% health.
30 seconds remaining

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=119626
Edited by Postonforums on 2/15/2013 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The biggest thing to worry about is someone in your raid being flagged for pvp. When your healers heal them, they get flagged. Then the opposing faction starts beating on your healers. Then you're basically fighting the boss AND another raid group.

PvP so scurry.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/15/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Feanorion
Soooo--- I'm overkill on the prep?

Thats the vibe I've always gotten from you, is that you completely overdo simple things, not always a bad thing, but some things shouldnt take more than 30s to setup.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
When does the autobiography come out?
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 01:48 AMPosted by Postonforums
You know the MC only lasts 30 seconds... right?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humor
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humor

Nice try on covering your ignorance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]