As of tomorrow afternoon...

90 Undead Rogue
My subscription will be terminated.

I'm not server famous or anything but I'm posting here because whether you know me or not I want to thank you (everybody) for playing with me.

I'm just not diggin' MoP. I have four accounts and three rogues, a DK, Lock, and Mage but I'm not feelin' it at the moment. The PvP is whack right now, I don't feel like I should have to say why. I PvE for the story but if you watch the Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Cata cinematics in order you will see how this game went from dark and epic to silly and stupid so I have no motivation or inspiration. I do want to be there for when Garrosh dies so maybe I'll come back at the end of the expansion, if not I hope to come back next expansion if Elder Scrolls Online doesn't take over my life.

Gjuice, Bricke, Weigott (Ulysse), Weihung, Woovin, Beers and BGs, Dreadwaste Defilers, you all rule!
If anyone would like to still keep in touch with me you can hit me up on Facevomit.
facebook.com/brian.tobey.54

See you in about a year! Oi!!
Edited by Sïck on 2/14/2013 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
((5.2 and those rogues may turn into irresistible OP death dealers. Maybe check in for that. If not, have a blast and see ya when you decide to return. And if not that, then the best. Life's an adventure, so go adventure. :))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Can I haz your stuffz? GL with that life thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
ooc: can i have one of your rogues.
and good luck with that real life thing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Why is it important to be server famous. Have fun and good luck with whatever it is you end up doing.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
peace
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i was talking about the decline in cinematics last night...the MOP one was lacking to me : /
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/14/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Bordak
((5.2 and those rogues may turn into irresistible OP death dealers. Maybe check in for that. If not, have a blast and see ya when you decide to return. And if not that, then the best. Life's an adventure, so go adventure. :))

Oh 5.2 should be much better but the fixes they're making in 5.2 should have been the changes after the beta for 5.1, but Blizz arrogantly and very bluntly ignored the forums so it was an abomination to PvP. Because of that things will probably be more ideal in 5.3. Hopefully in the next expansion they'll learn their lesson.

02/14/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Trixie
Can I haz your stuffz? GL with that life thing.

I don't have much stuff, most if it is soul bound with about 600g to my name (╥﹏╥)
And I won't have a life, I'll be playing GW2 (some of the most epic PvP I've experienced in a good MMORPG)

/sigh
Yeaaah you can have one if I can retrieve the password for that account. Two of the accounts are bound to this account though I need to see if I have a rogue on the fourth one (Is this illegal? ._. )

02/14/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Iconiqz
Why is it important to be server famous.

For trolls ^-^

02/14/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Graape
i was talking about the decline in cinematics last night...the MOP one was lacking to me : /

Ugh, tell me about it. I LOVE the story of WoW, I even thought Pandaria could have been so epic if they hadn't ruined it with mediocre comedy for kids and had kept it dark...

One hour left guys. I love all of you! I'll miss you guys and this game but paying $15 a month to sit at Shrine waiting for something to happen isn't what I want to spend my money on :/
I'll be playing GW2 in the mean time. See yas in about a year!
*hug*
Edited by Sïck on 2/15/2013 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I've considered not renewing once my Annual Pass runs out in March, but then Peeksies would probably kill me IRL for flaking out on carrying him to 2v2 infamy. =D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
OOC:I don't know you. but can i have one of your rogues?
Edited by Fatvirgin on 2/15/2013 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
Sorry to see you go.

You might want to try pvp come 5.2 on your rogue though.
Reply Quote
Ugh, tell me about it. I LOVE the story of WoW, I even thought Pandaria could have been so epic if they hadn't ruined it with mediocre comedy for kids and had kept it dark...

Did you just ignore majority of quest text or something?

Krasarang Wilds has a dark and saddening story for both factions. The opening for the zone itself is a battle with depression which is surely mediocre comedy for kids, right? The second half of the Krasarang story is another story of the beauty of life, sacrifice for family, and the tragedy of death. Kids stuff there.

Jade Forest is meant to be your formal introduction to the pandaren way of life. You are the defiler of that life. When your faction first lands you completely disrupt peace. The Alliance assert themselves over the pandaren while the Horde gain pandaren trust through deceit. The Jinyu and Hozen recruitment story allows Admiral Taylor and Nazgrim to reflect on their war. They have doubt that it will ever end. That doubt manifests itself and utterly destroys the pandaren's sacred temple. Taran Zhu's story line starts here.

Kun-Lai is another "pandaren way of life zone" which is also a pre-cursor to Lei Shen's story. If you've done archaeology for Mogu artifacts, or even Lorewalker's Mogu lore bits, you can see just how brutal they were to the "lesser" races of Pandaria. Lei Shen's reign is considered the darkest reign of Pandaria's history, shadowing the brutality of the Spirit Kings. Let's also throw in the fact that a whole god damn Sha of Anger is out and about inflicting anger on the inhabitants. Anger is a complex emotion. Torture, anger and death is kids stuff.

The Shado-Pan intro chain into Townlong Steppes is definitely not a kid's comedy. Investigation of Yaungol attacks leads to Suna Silentstrike's saddening story of hatred for Ban Bearheart. It has pain, suffering, murder, hatred and small redemption all packaged into one. The sumprushes has a small story of a dying people. Mistlurkers that you would kill mindlessly for rewards because they were deemed unfit for interaction by your own people. If the Alliance or Horde were to setup near the sumprushes, I promise you it would a be a genocide quest chain for a small tract of land. Regardless of these people's sentience, you would blindly slay them for easy gold and equipment.

"My name will be forgotten, but my actions will not. Nor will yours..." -Orbiss

I could go on about each zone and point out just how dark the story of Pandaria can be(Valley of the Four Winds is exempt!). I suppose it is based on an individual's perception on what is dark. This might sound corny but the Pandaria story partially erased my de-sensitized view of death and war in life itself. I'm not saying I'm super hippy mode now but it made me think about things.

Hope you find what you're looking for in gaming. The systems in place for playing this game can be tiring and I agree with you on PvP to an extent.

P.S. Sorry if it reads like a rant, just not too fond of the "THIS IS A DUMB KID STORY I'M OUT" analysis of the Pandaria story while plowing through a brewery full of suicide bombers.

P.S.S If you were referring to solely the cinematic, then I agree completely. The tone of it was just off.
Edited by Graphite on 2/15/2013 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
A lot less dark than emo Illidan, X was just a setback, or big dragon blowing up stuff.

Obviously.

Edit: I'd say the only two parts of WoW darker than MoP story-wise were Wrath (minus ToC) and Sunwell.
Edited by Shuihuotu on 2/15/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
See ya :(

I agree with you though. On the MOP lacking some cinematics and such. (I quit when cata dropped and came back for MOP but have played since vanilla)

Make sure to say hi when you start playing again! n_n
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
02/15/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Helliondrop

I think one thing he hates is just the ridiculous burst...

plus blizzard didn't listen to the majority of the rogue community when they stated they wanted better survival and faster energy regen....

think 5.2 will fix the true core issue for him ?

nay.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Xeloda

I think one thing he hates is just the ridiculous burst...

plus blizzard didn't listen to the majority of the rogue community when they stated they wanted better survival and faster energy regen....

think 5.2 will fix the true core issue for him ?

nay.

I agree that rogue survivability is a MAJOR issue, but their ability to stick a target and the energy boost has DEF improved quality of life for pvp rogues, not to mention prep being baseline. And 1min cloak of shadows is super baller.

-Hebro
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

/sigh
Yeaaah you can have one if I can retrieve the password for that account. Two of the accounts are bound to this account though I need to see if I have a rogue on the fourth one (Is this illegal? ._. )

ooc: not at all. you just combine the alt account with the main account, transfer the toon, then debind the account.
it would be illegal in blizz standards if i paid irl money, i think.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

/sigh

ooc: not at all. you just combine the alt account with the main account, transfer the toon, then debind the account.

Account sharing, whether for financial gain or not, is illegal.

I had a lock put on my account for sharing when I tried to remove my brother's account (that he bought) from my bnet account. When he set it up he had no idea it wasn't kosher to attach it to mine. Blizzard is really finicky and inconsistent when it comes to that stuff. But their official EULA says any account sharing is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Account sharing, whether for financial gain or not, is illegal.

I had a lock put on my account for sharing when I tried to remove my brother's account (that he bought) from my bnet account. When he set it up he had no idea it wasn't kosher to attach it to mine. Blizzard is really finicky and inconsistent when it comes to that stuff. But their official EULA says any account sharing is bad.

Your blue mog with goggles was way better, fyi.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
02/15/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Charax
Your blue mog with goggles was way better, fyi.

That's still on my PvE gear. I'm very partial to T1, since in vanilla I had to wear it until Naxx. But it does look meh on a Pandaren. Might go back to T6 with ze goggles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]