Please delete
Edited by Obscura on 3/28/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Please delete.
Edited by Obscura on 3/28/2013 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Best of luck. Apologies if I was overly hostile in the other thread, or misinterpreted what you were saying.

This is very well-written, and looks like a fun idea.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Best of luck. Apologies if I was overly hostile in the other thread, or misinterpreted what you were saying.

This is very well-written, and looks like a fun idea.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I believe it was just a miscommunication between you and I, but it has since been resolved. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/17/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Türin
Go Obscura, go! Best of luck, the Brigade has our first Event posted!

Thanks! <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This sounds the closest to what my character can partake in from a legitimate RP standpoint. My primary concern is, of course, that I intend to remain on my home server and simply CRZ in order to RP when it is feasible between raids.

I have some experience with roleplaying and the English language. I thoroughly love the Warcraft lore, both canon and non-canon, and try to keep up to date on which is which.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This sounds the closest to what my character can partake in from a legitimate RP standpoint. My primary concern is, of course, that I intend to remain on my home server and simply CRZ in order to RP when it is feasible between raids.

I have some experience with roleplaying and the English language. I thoroughly love the Warcraft lore, both canon and non-canon, and try to keep up to date on which is which.

Well I'm hoping to get everyone involved on the forums, but the guild is so new with barely more than 10 people aside from myself. Once I gain more interest and the guild grows a little, you're more than welcome to join us on the guild forums to find some guildies to RP with. If you fill out the quick application, we'll consider you an official roleplayer with the guild and will invite you to future RP events as well, even though your character isn't actually IN the guild. I'm perfectly fine with that, really. It's not about the guild as much as it's about the RP. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Türin
Dat guild partnership! :D

Yeaaaah, did you see my new allies page? xD Hahaha, I added the brigade. We just need to figure out how they're associated. I'm still trying to figure out where Obs stands in the traveler's society. I know in her past she left her life in Nighthaven, practicing druidism, healing her fellow druid allies, and offering guidance to new druids. When she left in search of something more (wants to make a bigger impact on restoring peace and balance in the world), she became a traveler. I just don't think I want her to be the "founder" of the society. I think a nobleman from Stormwind or something should have come up with the group of people (maybe because he was often in search of mercenaries for hire, which he would pay handsomely as body guards on business trips haha, who knows, since then it's evolved into what it is now, which is like an association of travelers and adventurers, who may call upon the council for advice and other travelers for assistance whenever they need it. Non-travelers who associate with the group, like nobles and commoners, would come to the council in search of help with some issues, which the council would then send for travelers to come aid the citizens, etc.). We'll see. :) I was thinking, based off of that vague idea, the Light Brigade may be who the council calls upon in dire situations where real military aid is required?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Türin
We definately need to talk tonight. The quick response fits with how we fit into the Alliance Military puzzle, so I can't wait! Our website in under construction, still.

Yeah I definitely wanted the reason to fit in with your guild's own IC purpose. I think it would work pretty well (it would make sense, at least, and give us something to go off of when/if we plan an RP event for both guilds). Talk to you soon!
Edited by Obscura on 2/18/2013 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bump!

Guild Update: Along with a section for our sister guilds, IC alliances, and partnerships, we now also have a public board that allows non-guildies to interact with us. If you're interested in roleplaying with our guild but wish to remain in your own guild, take a look at our Non-Guildies Roleplaying Request board at etguild.tk! Other guilds interested in a partnership or IC alliance, please feel free to post your inquiry on the public Roleplaying Request board. If you want to interact more seriously with the guild, you can create an account to access the other boards.
Edited by Obscura on 2/19/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thought I would share this response that I posted on another thread. It gives a bit of detail on my expectations and objectives as far as the overall guild goes.

Well, all except for the large player base, you're more than welcome to check out <The Travelers Society>. It was created for the very purpose of being non-military based and open to all classes with the freedom to develop your character IC as you wish. We're a new guild, so the population right now is very small. But I believe in quality over quantity. I'd rather have a few outstanding and loyal roleplayers than a whole group of inactive, mediocre members.

You can read more on our forum thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924142618

Although we allow members to develop their characters however they wish, I am EXTREMELY anti- powerplaying, god moding, and meta-gaming. These are ILLEGAL within my guild (apparently these are acceptable in some communities, which is why I went ahead and made my own guild - I'm in charge of the rules, haha). With that said, we aren't going to tolerate invulnerable characters or God-like characters. We encourage unique character development through storytelling, and stray away from the very popular "I'm undefeatable" attitude.

Of course, this doesn't mean your character will be killed off easily. Roleplaying should be enjoyable for everyone and some people put a lot of time and effort into the development of their characters. With that said, it's a rule to always ask in OOC before attempting to kill someone. A death in the storyline is usually voluntary since once that character is dead, the player will have to create a new one.

My goal is to eventually gain a reputation for fun, fair roleplay that is free from powerplaying, god moding, and meta-gaming, as well as encourage the use of descriptive /emotes to describe a character's situation and actions. If that's something that might interest you, definitely consider <The Travelers Society>.

Aside from our RP goals, we're a pretty laid back and comfortable community. Guild chat is OOC, and we're always glad to run heroics, do some achievements, raid from time to time (I'm with you on not wanting that to become a second job again), and basically enjoy the other aspects of WoW when we're not in the middle of roleplaying.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Good luck to you and your guild!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/20/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Elonwe
Good luck to you and your guild!

Thank you very much Elonwe!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]