90 Night Elf Druid
02/20/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Türin
Obs, mage or druid?

Druid, of course. Wait - why do you ask? >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/20/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Türin
My mage, or my druid. For your guild :)

Oooh! Hmm... Whatever interests you! xD You're the roleplayer!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
This guild concept seems like an interesting one. I'll admit I only skimmed most of the first post. What is the grounds of the guild body IC; does it act as a sort of management agency for these travelers, adventures, mercenaries by lining up jobs etc. ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/22/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Githnji
This guild concept seems like an interesting one. I'll admit I only skimmed most of the first post. What is the grounds of the guild body IC; does it act as a sort of management agency for these travelers, adventures, mercenaries by lining up jobs etc. ?

Sorry, I tend to say a lot xD

Yes, sort of in a way, if that's what the players want. The players can be as closely or loosely associated with the group as they want to be. A shadier character might be a bit more distant from the group than, let's say, an eager adventurer looking to slay monsters or something haha

Ultimately it'll boil down to who the IC characters are, and how they are roleplayed. The council, which are the appointed 'officers' IC but not OOC, serve as a sort of guide. They are gone to for advice, and are generally respected as the official advisory of the guild. Both commoners AND travelers can go to the council if they need the help of someone for certain matters (let's say gnolls are attacking Redridge, where person A lives. Person A meets with their branch's council and seeks assistance from Person B. Person B is basically anyone who answers to the 'call' once the council sends out notices to their contacts --- this is usually decided in OOC, like in guild chat or on the forums).

It just makes for an interesting concept, since I don't know of many guilds doing this.

It doesn't have to be all about getting jobs though. Ultimately we're just a big organization of travelers and such who are brought together via guild. They can have their own IC stories that have nothing to do with the guild itself.

My character, for example, currently has a storyline that vaguely includes the traveler's society. Once we get more members and can really start developing the guild story, then she'll become more involved in the society...

My goal right now is to find more roleplayers, appoint council members, and once we have council members, we can do our first big IC guild event - which is basically going to be a big meeting where the councilors call upon all members of the society to meet to discuss current on-going matters (which we'll decide through rp). This would be a good way to get character's introduced, and also figure out whether the councilors are "newly appointed," or if they've been a counciler for awhile (this can be decided in OOC).
Reply Quote
Bump!
Reply Quote
73 Worgen Warlock
The Magisterial Annex has officially announced a new counselor and has resumed its activities as per normal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We have moved our website to travelers-society.shivtr.com - should be a lot easier for people to apply now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Bump! Go Traveler's Society!

Seeking adventure? This is the guild for you!

No /roll fights, just pure /roleplay.

A close-knit community that just enjoys writing stories together and acting them out through our characters.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

What are you waiting for? Go apply already! :D

No powerplaying, god modding, meta-gaming.

Just good, solid roleplayers following a code of classic etiquette.

And the freedom to use your imagination.
Edited by Varenne on 3/19/2013 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]