Areas, and their RP'ers.

90 Human Death Knight
With all the new lists:

I've an idea. A list of who's using where and when for RP. This way other players are aware of groups and RP'ers residing in specific areas. Not as a way to 'claim' a piece of land, merely a way to announce your use of it so you're aware of who you might run into, or even what schedules they have there, allowing you to try to avoid them if you're a bit more territorial.

Is there something like this already?

If not, it'd be great if someone decided to pick the idea up.
Edited by Nòx on 2/14/2013 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Players within the Borderland Coalition have been offering RP to those who pass through Duskwood for over three years now. We've had our quieter months though if you come poking about Duskwood; Darkshire in particular you'll likely encounter someone from the guild.

It is a lawful themed guild that adheres to lore of Darkshire, and while most members are active throughout the day you'll likely find them more about in the evenings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Players within the Borderland Coalition have been offering RP to those who pass through Duskwood for over three years now. We've had our quieter months though if you come poking about Duskwood; Darkshire in particular you'll likely encounter someone from the guild.

It is a lawful themed guild that adheres to lore of Darkshire, and while most members are active throughout the day you'll likely find them more about in the evenings.

I, myself, have not the time to keep up on such a list, but I suppose people may post the information here until someone decides to grab hold of it.

Ours:

The Shadowguard provides RP to RP'ers in a few places throughout Westfall including: Mortwake's Tower, the bridge between Duskwood and Westfall, and Gold Coast Quarry (occasionally).

Within SW you may find us in the empty barnhouse on the outskirts or the ruins of The Park. We also lurk around cellars and crypts.
Edited by Nòx on 2/14/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Conclave is based out of the Tower of Azora in Elwynn Forest, just south of Eastvale logging camp. Unless we're off on a dig or an expedition, we can always be found there.

There are usually at least 6-8 of us RPing there on a given night; double that on the weekends.

:)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Dinthoqaf uses Scholomance and Caer Darrow as a 'base' of sorts. It's mainly used as a Training Academy for those who fall underneath of his Jurisdiction in the Guild.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My Order if not occupying some random place in Stormwind can normally be found in Westguard Keep in Howling Fjord up in Northrend, and we will probably relocate to somewhere in the Barrens as well soon. All depends on what's going on in our rp. Currently we are on a military downtime so most of us are just chilling in Stormwind before we go and avenge Northwatch and Theramore.
Edited by Ammund on 2/14/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/14/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Dinthoqaf
Dinthoqaf uses Scholomance and Caer Darrow as a 'base' of sorts. It's mainly used as a Training Academy for those who fall underneath of his Jurisdiction in the Guild.

Of sorts?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This topic has been brought up multiple times and it's not really a good idea. Despite the fact that it's not meant to claim something, that's exactly what it does in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/14/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Raisheal
This topic has been brought up multiple times and it's not really a good idea. Despite the fact that it's not meant to claim something, that's exactly what it does in the end.

Meh, it's so that people know who they're bumping into. Unless someone decides to run into this thread and start yelling at eachother, I think it's fine.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/14/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Raisheal

This is generally my issue with the idea. It is, in theory, a good idea to say "we are going to be here on this date." But the subtext is often "so this place is ours." Then, if someone does show up, people will point back to the thread and say "well, we claimed it, so you're in the wrong."

Really, I have no idea why people find it difficult to just ignore one another.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Posted by Dinthoqaf

Of sorts?

Well, let's just go full blown. And granted we do use it as a base, we do understand that alot of people are going to use this place for their 'base' and what not too. Which is perfectly fine. I don't see why people can't share the same area, but simply ignore one another so grief doesn't occur.
Edited by Dinthoqaf on 2/14/2013 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
The Venture Association is based out of Fuselight, Badlands. You can usually find us there Monday and Wednesday at 5PM server, but as we're an adventure-based guild, we don't usually stick around at HQ much longer than it takes for the latest adventure to be explained.

02/14/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Enekie

True enough. But if I find people using an area out in the wild, I tend to do the polite thing and leave them in peace. And if I'm in the mood, I'll do so ICly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/14/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Enekie

This is generally my issue with the idea. It is, in theory, a good idea to say "we are going to be here on this date." But the subtext is often "so this place is ours." Then, if someone does show up, people will point back to the thread and say "well, we claimed it, so you're in the wrong."

This isn't to warn people, it's to inform them that if they want to private RP in an area, they can glance here and see who's where when. They can decide whether they'll be fine with RP'ing there while other people are.
Reply Quote
38 Goblin Warlock
I RP in Azeroth and claim it as my own.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
<Shadowtusk Clan> claims ZG. Good luck to anyone who wants to try and share that area.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

This is my feeling on it as well. TKR has some places we like to frequent, like our "base of operations" in Ashenvale and such. But I don't like the idea of players trying to claim a territory. I've been in places like the city that Feathermoon Stronghold now is, and said things like: "this place is awesome we should RP more here," only to have people reply with, "we'd have to check with so-and-so, they RP here."

-shifty eyes-

Like, but they aren't here now? And even if they were it's not like we'd have to sit on top of them to RP. Some people do take territorial claims to heart.

I think this is a thread with good intentions, and I can see what you are trying to do Nox, I just don't think it's the sort of idea that will work well in reality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]