Leveling with Glyph of Demon Hunting?

64 Blood Elf Warlock
So I just hit level 30 and got Dual-spec. Decided to try out Demonology with Glyph of Demon Hunting. Loving being a tanky warlock, but I feel like I'm not doing something right.

Right now while questing I am doing the following:

Leap to target>Corruption>Hand of Gul'dan>Demonic Slash x3> Soul Fire or Drain Life to finish the mob off.

I'm staying in the Dark Apotheosis stance 100% of the time and I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be switching to Demon Form when I'm capped out on Demonic Fury

Also I'm using my Succubus as a pet since I'm tanking the mobs myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
levelling Demon hunting is op as hell unless you dungeon then your the tank and tanks dont need to do damage anyway

harvest life is a good first talent levelling you should be pulling multi mobs anyway

corruption all targets group em together HoG harvest life HoG harvest life = profit

with gear within 5 levels of yours cake walk

you'll wanna grab siphon life when you get another glyph spot
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks for the tips
Reply Quote
I'd suggest getting glyph of Soul Consumption as soon as you hit lvl 50. Dark Apotheosis is considered a demon form so you'll gain 20%, can crit to gain 40%, of your max health every time you kill a mob. Which will be far better than glyph of siphon life.

Also while you're in Dark Apotheosis, although you can gain demonic fury, if you try to jump into the normal demon form, your demonic fury will reset to 200.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Warlock
02/15/2013 03:03 AMPosted by Pallybob
Also while you're in Dark Apotheosis, although you can gain demonic fury, if you try to jump into the normal demon form, your demonic fury will reset to 200.

Was this by design? I found it very frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/15/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Homebrewed

Was this by design? I found it very frustrating.

Considering how easy it is to gain demonic fury in Demon Hunter form, yes I believe it was.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's kind of equivalent of stance dancing defensive/battle stance when warriors USED to lose most of there rage when they changed stances.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
So I just hit level 30 and got Dual-spec. Decided to try out Demonology with Glyph of Demon Hunting. Loving being a tanky warlock, but I feel like I'm not doing something right.

Right now while questing I am doing the following:

Leap to target>Corruption>Hand of Gul'dan>Demonic Slash x3> Soul Fire or Drain Life to finish the mob off.

I'm staying in the Dark Apotheosis stance 100% of the time and I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be switching to Demon Form when I'm capped out on Demonic Fury

Also I'm using my Succubus as a pet since I'm tanking the mobs myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

try this.
Felguard
Harvest life
Soul link
glyph of healthstone
glyph of imp swarm (if youre high enough to take it)
glyph of soul consumption

pull lots of guys, Keep HoG on cool, Felstorm on cool, and fill with harvest life
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]