Flames of Xoroth bug

Anyone else have this problem that when they summon their pet using Xoroth that they always get the wrong one? At one point I switched from Demo to Destro, had the blueberry out just before and cast Xoroth and I got the Felguard, not bad at all but it disappears about 20s later. Now no matter what I start a BG off with all I ever get later is the Imp...

Any known fixes?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This never seems to happen to me. The default in a BG seems to be an Imp (just like you used to always rez with an Imp in s11 if you didn't re-summon an actual pet inside the BG), but other than that, it summons your last pet that was in the BG for me usually.
Reply Quote
Hmm, if I've already sac'd it before entering the BG I don't tend to summon it just to sac it again. That may help with the BG/RBG thing but it's still kind of strange getting a Wrathguard/Felguard sometimes.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
I am so embarrassed this doesn't normally happen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
ive been able to pull out a wrathguard for a few seconds and do some pretty good dps. Unfortunately, blizz was smart and limited it to 20 seconds.

For me, when switching from demo-destro, it remembers my last pet out. So by far itll be wrathguard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If I enter a BG or 5 man and don't resummon my current Demon before using FoX, it will bring out my Imp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Bumping this old thread because this bug still happens to me. I submitted a bug report just the other day in fact. I am sure I summoned my Observer and then, when he died and I used Flames of Xoroth, my Imp popped out, ready to party.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Bumping this old thread because this bug still happens to me. I submitted a bug report just the other day in fact. I am sure I summoned my Observer and then, when he died and I used Flames of Xoroth, my Imp popped out, ready to party.

Not a bug, system limitation. Zoning resets the last pet summoned variable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I've had this happen even after switching my pet while zoned into a raid/dungeon. Sometimes you don't even get the Command Demon ability to work properly after using FoX.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/12/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Annorroth

Not a bug, system limitation. Zoning resets the last pet summoned variable.

Rather crippling limitation. Given the description in the spell tooltip, it shouldn't behave this way, so it constitutes a bug. They need to re-word the tooltip to be more accurate or fix the underlying system work properly in all situations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]