Army of the Dead as a DPS CD for Unholy

90 Undead Warlock
Would love to see this happen at some point for Unholy.

1. Instant Cast
2. Reduced to a 3 min CD
3. Damage increased by Mastery
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
1. I would love to see a glyph to make it instant for all specs

2. Would have to be severely nerfed to have that low of a cd- no thanks

3. See 2
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
That would be cool. Please nothing like stampede though. More along the lines of treants, summons 3 ghouls that do auto attack dmg and put up dots? Maybe give a 4 second root or something too.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Since we're spit balling, it would also be entertaining if they didn't focus on one target, but rather each one picked a different target to harass.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/15/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Gruklaar
Since we're spit balling, it would also be entertaining if they didn't focus on one target, but rather each one picked a different target to harass.

continuing the spitballing, what if Unholy got a cleave like Storm, Earth, and Fire like how Wind Walker's are getting, only they summon Ghouls instead of copies of themselves.

1. I would love to see a glyph to make it instant for all specs

2. Would have to be severely nerfed to have that low of a cd- no thanks

3. See 2

Numbers aside, just focusing on mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
In some of the LFR long fights I get to use Army twice. I think it's great dps burst with an appropriate CD, you just have to feel out the best time to use it. I like that it's an ARMY od the Dead and not TRIO of the Dead. Shorter CD, less ghouls =/= an army.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/15/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Xashari
In some of the LFR long fights I get to use Army twice. I think it's great dps burst with an appropriate CD, you just have to feel out the best time to use it. I like that it's an ARMY od the Dead and not TRIO of the Dead. Shorter CD, less ghouls =/= an army.

Right, I agree that the whole Army thing is great and one of the reasons I would want to see it more often.

The Cleave I had mentioned would just be a new spell entirely, which I should have clarified.

Frost already has a natural Cleave with Howling Blast, would be interesting to see UH with one.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Would love to see this happen at some point for Unholy.

1. Instant Cast
2. Reduced to a 3 min CD
3. Damage increased by Mastery

1. Would have to be a glyph or talent. Not bad though.
2. Dropping to 3 min would mean a giant nerf to their damage output per use. Would kind of negate the benefit of a shorter CD.
3. The damage they do is not a issue. At best they might boost it by a % of mastery, but not the full amount.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
No thanks, the army AI and usability is pretty stupid, I don't want the spec nerfed to accommodate for that, especially when some encounters aren't army friendly
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
02/15/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Gruklaar
it would also be entertaining if they didn't focus on one target, but rather each one picked a different target to harass.

Sounds positively horrible. It would make our army break ALL THE CCs in a near proximity to us.

Would be a nightmare for arenas. Your partner CCs an enemy healer, both pop coolies on the kill target, wait wtf is that, my army went and broke the CC, and now the healer is free casting, good job ya dumb pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
One thing I always thought would be cool is if Dark Infusion, instead of empowering your ghoul, summoned skeletons or shambling corpses instead. Dark Transformation would then combine your undead minions into your Undead Monstrosity.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Or just make the Ghoul a constant, and make the dark transformation affect the dk to turn them into something half cool or something. That way your not completely reliant on the pet. Well it at least sounds cool.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Free! Make Army free! There are very few cooldowns that cost resources in this game (outside of tank abilities) for a very good reason. Cooldowns having big costs suck.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/18/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Hemalador
Free! Make Army free! There are very few cooldowns that cost resources in this game (outside of tank abilities) for a very good reason. Cooldowns having big costs suck.

Outside DRW, I'm having a hard time thinking of an actual non-active mitigation tank CD that actual has a meaningful cost outside some kinda heal.

But yea, Army costing 1/2 our runes and having a channel is kinda stupid and wrath-esque.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dk is fine where it is. Dont need anymore abilities. That's why your class is messed up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]