Mana

13 Draenei Paladin
I am doing 10 man raids and I have a terrible time keeping my mana up and healing quickly. Is there something that I am missing. My toon is actually a resto shaman lvl 90. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Post on your shammy, we don't know what you're doing with the toon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/15/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Pallymajic
I am doing 10 man raids and I have a terrible time keeping my mana up and healing quickly. Is there something that I am missing. My toon is actually a resto shaman lvl 90. :(

Thanks for all the information, here's all the help we can provide you;

Herp Derp.
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/15/2013 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/15/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Pallymajic

Stop using healing surge
Stop spamming healing rain if its just going to overheal
Stop stacking mastery/haste
Stop glyphing for riptide and pretending you're a druid unless it's a fight with a period of high movement and high damage (only bladelord applies)
Get more gear, you're going to suck !@# with 470 ilvl
Start calculating the HPM of your abilities. You should be using healing stream on CD, glyphing for recall, and recalling your totems at 1-2 seconds left on duration
Weave mana tide into your totem rotation early and often
Stop using ES on yourself?
Stack spirit > int > crit gems
Use reforge lite to max out your spirit
Generally <10k spirit and you will always be gasping for spirit
Generally 15k spirit and you start having to much mana (even on heroic modes if you dont fail at totem weaving)

Spell priority (in mana efficiency, assuming no overheal, ingoring raid cd's)
healing stream (assuming you recall, which you should be) > Healing rain > ES > Riptide (no glyph) > Healing Wave > Riptide glyph (depending on haste) > GHW > Healing surge.

How to totem weave (looking at garalon healing):
HS > totem cd reset > HS > Healing Tide > HS > Mana tide > nothing :( > HS > nothing ... rinse and repeat until you get back to where your totem CD reset or HT is off CD.

If you still go oom doing all of these things then your raids dps is low and making you draw out longer than it should (except in heroics when enrage timers are a thing).

You also may be terrible :/
Edited by Imgandiloljk on 2/15/2013 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hi :)

We really do need to see your resto shaman in order to help you out at all, and additionally, if you let us know which bosses you're having particular problems with, we can give much more tailored information.

If you're having trouble with mana on Stone Guards in MSV, it's a very different thing than if you're having trouble with mana on Garalon in HoF, for example.

Additionally, what's the healing composition of your raid? If you're 2-healing fights, you could need different information than if you're 3-healing fights, and if you're healing alongside a Disc priest, you might need different information than you'd need if you were healing alongside a resto druid, too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]