High elves getting way to much face time.

86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just feel that if all this time blizzard is doing with the High elf lore, they could be doing more for the playable races Draenei,Gnomes, Night elves and Dwarves need a lot more face time but meanwhile they are doing lore for the un playable high elves.
Reply Quote
Well, brace yourself.

Alleria took High Elves with her in Beyond the Dark Portal.

Enough that there's likely going to be some more story development for them in the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
You guys might not like Darmonic and the fact he posts a thread about elves overly often but that doesn't deviate the fact that he's right about this. Blizzard is paying too much attention to their current blood/high elf fettish and not enough giving the currently playable races some badly needed face time.

Are there any nelf players out there who can honestly say that they're satisfied with what their race is turning into? Are there worgen players who are happy that Genn and Gilneas haven't seen anything since Silverpine? What about the dwarf and gnome players?

As a Horde player, I'm unsatisfied that since Lost Isles we have never seen Gallywix ingame. At all. Not once. That's dirt bad story follow through effort, Blizz. I'm agitated that in the same fashion they made a great story around Aysa and Ji on Wandering Isle and they have since been left ignored in Org and SW without seeing any involvement in Pandaria, despite the fact they would have been fantastic additions to the story in 5.1. More dirt bad story follow through.

And above all, I resent the fact that since the game was originally released in 2004, over eight years ago now, the tauren as a race have not been featured in any meaningful story elements. We don't even know for certain if their lore has any truth to it at all. Their racial identity, currently, is a big swath of unknown and Blizzard is too lazy to contribute to anything new for them.

THIS is why making new playable races is an inane, retarded, bullshyte idea, why the people who constantly demand them should be ignored, and why Blizzard needs to stop giving non-playable races like high elves more attention and start focusing on the races that actually matter.

The ones that players play.

!@#$ the high elves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/16/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Jetzeppelin
!@#$ the high elves.

I don't think they're really dominating it so much as being neck in neck with the Humans. I do agree that it's more squandering of potential Lore for other races though.

That said, I like how the story is with the Thunder Isle right now. It's better than nothing.
Reply Quote
So he posts continious threads about a non-playable race getting more lore then the playable races... reported

Tons of people post the same roundabout threads about Forsaken, Lordaeron, Stormgrade, Garrosh and how the Horde are evilz and thats completely fine.

Wtf is happening to the story forums...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
!@#$ the high elves.

I like High Elves. I get what you're saying bro but I like High Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Probably because of this...

02/16/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Haaely
Haven't you made like 4 or 5 post about High Elves and Blood Elves in the past like week?

He's right, though I honestly wish it was somebody else making this case... no offense to you Darmonic but I think it would have been less likely to go downhill.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Posting in a high elf thread!

I hope they lose all 40 that are left on the Isle of the Thunder King and that's the last we hear of them.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
02/16/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Grimtale
!@#$ the high elves.

I don't think they're really dominating it so much as being neck in neck with the Humans. I do agree that it's more squandering of potential Lore for other races though.

That said, I like how the story is with the Thunder Isle right now. It's better than nothing.

I once said that they were sidekicks to humans, used only to help further the story of Jaina and the blood elves. I still think that's true, but the true sidekicks to humans race right now seems to be night elves.

Yes, that's right. The non-playable high elves are getting more lore attention than the playable night elves. Once again only to further the story of Varian, Jaina, Dalaran, and the belves.

02/16/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Grimtale
He's right, though I honestly wish it was somebody else making this case... no offense to you Darmonic but I think it would have been less likely to go downhill.

He seems to be the only one willing to bring this issue to any sort of attention and for that kudos to him.

All everyone else seems to do is groan and say, "Oh it's another one of those threads again." Usually right before they return to their normal "Horde sux, Garrosh is evil, Lordaeron belongs to the cows, I want my Turalyon and Alleria dolls back" thread which are far more numerous.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/16/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Lorthuron
!@#$ the high elves.

I like High Elves. I get what you're saying bro but I like High Elves.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Tis a problem. You could essentially remove the Silver Covenant from the story right now and replace them with either more Kirin'Tor or a Stormwind delegation, and there'd be barely any change. They don't need to be there unless this was their story, which it shouldn't be, because they're a two-bit side faction literally detached from the rest of the world.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The non-playable high elves are getting more lore attention than the playable night elves. Once again only to further the story of Varian, Jaina, Dalaran, and the belves.

More lore for night elves, draenei, worgen, dwarves and gnomes would be good.

That doesn't mean lore featuring Varian, Anduin, Jaina or Vereesa is bad.

Developing a character is best done gradually, over multiple appearances. Blizzard can't do too much too quickly or people will complain that it doesn't make sense. Unfortunately, any character who does appear more than once in a given expansion (like Thrall in Cataclysm or Varian in MoP) gets flak from those who would rather see other characters take that screentime. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Probably because of this...

Haven't you made like 4 or 5 post about High Elves and Blood Elves in the past like week?

Plus the person you quoted just hates me and made up a false excuse.

I would be okay with this if it was true but it isn't look at my threads this thread and the thread where I am theorycrafting that Alleria will probably be a blood elf(fel tainted) are the only threads really about "Helves".

The rest of my threads tend to be horde sided about Garrosh, Demon hunters, and why the Horde is fighting. Look me up and please show me these 4-5 threads about helves?
Edited by Darmonic on 2/17/2013 1:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just feel like we have blood elves, high elves and Night elves... and the night elves are not getting anything while the unplayable high elves are getting more then them, Plus with Alleria coming back that would add even more Helf face time.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
02/17/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Darmonic
I just feel like we have blood elves, high elves and Night elves... and the night elves are not getting anything while the unplayable high elves are getting more then them, Plus with Alleria coming back that would add even more Helf face time.

Just before she appears on screen I'll summon an infernal right on top of her so we can reduce Helf screen time.
Reply Quote
Have the High Elves really gotten anymore face time than the Tuskarr, Murlocs, Jinyuu or Hozen? This seems like a case of selective complaining.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/17/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Dorcy
Have the High Elves really gotten anymore face time than the Tuskarr, Murlocs, Jinyuu or Hozen? This seems like a case of selective complaining.

Helfs are the main Alliance faction of 5.2. Helfs Helfs Helfs everywhere on the Isle of the Thunder King.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/17/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Darmonic
Plus with Alleria coming back that would add even more Helf face time.

Alliance players have been clamoring for the return of Alleria and Turalyon since they turned out to be no-shows in TBC. That was six years ago.

Metzen said they would finally return in the next expansion and the crowd was pleased to hear it. After all that waiting, all that anticipation... they're not going to scrap her story just because you don't like high elves.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Threeslotbag

Helfs are the main Alliance faction of 5.2. Helfs Helfs Helfs everywhere on the Isle of the Thunder King.

Well for one, no, I think you're being a bit dramatic. Helfs are certainly going to be there as the Silver Covenant is the driving force behind the Kirin Tor Offensive, but that's only one faction, and a pvp faction to boot so they barely matter.

And two, Jinyuu were the main Alliance faction of Jade Forest, and unlike the Isle of Thunder King, Jade Forest was an entire zone. So, no, I don't think that just because you're seeing alot of Helves right now and that you're about to take some Daily PVP quests from Jaina Proudmoore and a few of her HELF advisors, that they're in the game more than the other NPC races overall.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Metzen said they would finally return in the next expansion and the crowd was pleased to hear it. After all that waiting, all that anticipation... they're not going to scrap her story just because you don't like high elves.

If they want to have story with high elves in it whether to appease the high elf fans, the Turalyon/Alleria fans, or just use them because they're an effective filler in the current setting, fine. Knock themselves out.

The fact that they are using them but ignoring making new story for the races that we pay $15/month to play as is F'ing ridiculous. Every single one of the playable races should get a share of attention before a second of face time is ever given to another high elf, jinyu, or houzen. Anything else, and they're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]