Fixing Resto Druids In *5* Easy Steps!

90 Draenei Priest
02/18/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Pitkanen
and you think other healers aren't dependent on the same things (sanct/rain)?

They have a lot of other tools. CoH/POM/CH Etc. Wild Growth is just not all that effective in comparison.

02/18/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Changealot
For 10 man raiding I have never had very much trouble healing in aoe situations.

Yeah, druids are okay in 10s. It's 25s where they suffer.

02/18/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Fleurs
This basically means we'd only be good at healing 1 type of group: melee. This is too limiting.

It could be changed, I'm just trying to think of a way that burst aoe could be implemented.

02/18/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Pitkanen
I'm sorry, but try healing as any other spec of healer and tell me how much healing you can do running from side to side on bladelord.

Holy Priest.

You might get sniped if you try to heal people up gradually and someone else is spamming an aoe direct heal. But that's as much a player behavior problem as anything -- the raid would still have lived if that person hadn't spent their mana sniping you; they probably just did it because someone with a stupid addon taught them that doing that made them look good and you look bad. Blizzard can't fix stupid, although they should probably put more emphasis on mana and efficiency concerns in encounter design rather than relying so much on spike damage as a threat.

It goes a lot deeper than that. There are all kinds of reasons why you want the raid to be healed NOW (or prevent them from taking so much damage in the first place) and why you wouldn't want to rely on HOTS alone.

Rdruids used to have a niche as the raid healer. Everyone else can now raid heal effectively. However we cannot tank heal very well at all and especially in 25s, our raid healing tools are sub-par, and very mana inefficient for what they are.

Also, regarding the disc talk, first, I'm a noob disc player. I don't know much about what I'm doing on my disc, so if this all seems ignorant of the spec, it's because I am:

I don't think disc is good at single target healing. Like, at all. I think my druid is way superior to my priest at keeping a tank up. I stack grace, I keep a bubble on, and I use atonement/penance/flash heal on the tank as needed. And it seems so weak. Now maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but in my experience, disc is really not good at tank healing.

o_o. Disc is a fantastic tank healer. Greater Heal+ToT are your fried :). Atonement is really more about general raid healing.

Also, they suck at aoe healing. I mean, rather, their aoe heal is bad. It's overpowered at the moment, because of divine aegis, but it's a terrible design. It's a stand and long cast, hits a party, but only within 30 yards (of you? or target? I forget). Without divine aegis, I have a sense that disc priest aoe will be awful, except for predictable spikes with spirit shell.

So what does that leave them? Half healer, half dps? I guess it's a role. If I'm wrong about disc's tank healing, please correct me.

Atonement is more about raid healing. POH is nerfed slightly, but you are going to have amazing smart heals, penance, POM and a much more efficient PWS to compensate.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/18/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Eclipsé
and you think other healers aren't dependent on the same things (sanct/rain)?

They have a lot of other tools. CoH/POM/CH Etc. Wild Growth is just not all that effective in comparison.

This basically means we'd only be good at healing 1 type of group: melee. This is too limiting.

It could be changed, I'm just trying to think of a way that burst aoe could be implemented.

I'm sorry, but try healing as any other spec of healer and tell me how much healing you can do running from side to side on bladelord.

Holy Priest.

First off... Chain Heal is not a viable AoE heal. Literally a PERFECT chain heal is only slightly better than Healing Wave in HPS. That face that you would only list it implies your lack of knowledge of how other classes function.

I had more to say, but really, what is the point, you have this perception that everyone but druids is as OP as disc priests (5.1) and perfect under all conditions. Because outside of Disc and Druids you don't seem to understand how other healers function, what spells are important and what dependencies you assume they don't have. And because of this, you are asking for druids to be perfect and tied for being the best, or to be the best, and all and any conditions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/19/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Pitkanen
That face that you would only list it implies your lack of knowledge of how other classes function.

Well, I have one of each healing character other than shamans over my US and EU accounts, but I work quite closely with a Resto Shammy on our weekend raids and while I definately don't know it as well as my priest or druid, they do seem to have better .

I said CH to keep it brief. Compare the variety of tools you have for aoe healing to the variety of tools druids have for aoe healing in 25s (for instance - additional cooldowns, smart heals, boosting CH with Riptide etc).

Now compare numbers.

Now look at raidbots, even taking Disc off the board.

I had more to say, but really, what is the point, you have this perception that everyone but druids is as OP as disc priests (5.1) and perfect under all conditions.

Nope. Never said that. I said that every class is better than druids in most 5.1 content. There is a difference.

And because of this, you are asking for druids to be perfect and tied for being the best, or to be the best, and all and any conditions.

Where did I ask that?

Asking for parity =/= asking to be OP.

Fortunately there is a final healing pass to come and there was an implication that resto druids were going to see another adjustment.
Edited by Eclipsé on 2/19/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
[quote="79222809121"]

With the overhaul of Mushrooms in T15, I'm pretty sure we are going to be balanced around using them from now on.

How? Are you insinuating that we're going to be "balanced" around an ability that's largely going to be highly situational, and at best used every 40 seconds? You realize it's positional requirement and ramp up time?
Even if it's a sure fire heal thats going to be epic every 45 seconds, that's not a heal we would be reliant on as you stated or claimed. 45 seconds is not something to be relied upon. Not to mention the positional requirement.

You want to claim we are going to be reliant upon it...well..due to positional/movement requirements there's going to be fights where mushrooms are entirely useless. Cannot be used. We are not at all balanced around these, and we NEVER will be. Blizzard has stated as such, they do NOT want these to be part of any Resto Druids core rotation. They do not want this to be a rotational ability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]