Why no more heirloom transmogs?

100 Human Mage
Does anyone know why Blizzard got rid of the ability to transmog an heirloom and then send the transmogged heirloom to a lower level alt? This was something that I really enjoyed doing when transmogging first came out, and I was sad when Blizzard took this away.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Because it wasn't intended.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I was just thinking about it today. Does anyone know why it wasn't intended? It was a great feature.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Because it let players circumvent other transmog rules, specifically those about the character needing to meet the normal use requirements (level, class, etc) on the items in question before being able to use them for transmog, and the whole "you have to actually have this item" thing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/18/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Sharkon
Because it let players circumvent other transmog rules, specifically those about the character needing to meet the normal use requirements (level, class, etc) on the items in question before being able to use them for transmog, and the whole "you have to actually have this item" thing.

I wonder why they made those rules, though. It was fun having my level 19 priest running around in this dress and the Firelands staff. It wasn't hurting anything or anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/18/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Kekkipop
I wonder why they made those rules, though.

Because those are the rules you have to meet to use the items normally. The whole purpose of transmog is to allow us to wear gear we can already wear without gimping ourselves with inferior stats by doing so, not to do away with equipment requirements.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Monk
A level one mage shouldn't be in high level heroic warlock tier.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
They are still fairly restrictive about xmogs, and this was a way of circumventing restrictions.

If the situation were such that players could wear other armor types, or legendaries, or white items, etc... this situation might be different.

However, xmogs are currently not very free and flexible. They are still restrictive.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
They are still fairly restrictive about xmogs, and this was a way of circumventing restrictions.

If the situation were such that players could wear other armor types, or legendaries, or white items, etc... this situation might be different.

However, xmogs are currently not very free and flexible. They are still restrictive.

Which is rather sad, to be honest. There is so much potential with transmogs but there are far too many needless restrictions.

Yeah, I advocate for opening them up a lot more, if not fully.

However I think Blizzard's artistic-vision thing is still stopping them.
Edited by Snowfox on 2/18/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
You can only transmog your items into items owned by the character doing the transmog. However, I wouldn't mind letting everyone transmog anything. I like some mail sets that I wouldn't mind mogging on my plate gear.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Kekkipop

I wonder why they made those rules, though. It was fun having my level 19 priest running around in this dress and the Firelands staff. It wasn't hurting anything or anyone.

I guess they just want low levels to look like low levels and not level 90 raiders.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

And your point?

As others have said there doesn't seem to be any logic behind this thinking. There is no bonus or gain from circumventing the restrictions. Was there?

Nothing like blindly defending Blizzard?

I guess that is how one gets those green letters. Being a shill. Not from actually helping the community. Which it seems that is the point of those green letters in the first place.

Now lets hope they don't nerf Disc anymore. =} (I would hate to see you go off on a tirade once again).

That's a great flaming troll, and I'mma let you finish, but...

I SAID I ADVOCATED OPENING UP XMOGS.
Edited by Snowfox on 2/18/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/18/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Snowfox
That's a great flaming troll, and I'mma let you finish, but...

Troll? No. You seem to confuse troll with those who disagree with you. Don't you worry though, many seem to make that same mistake.

02/18/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Snowfox
SAID I ADVOCATED OPENING UP XMOGS.

Strange, I am not sure where you advocate for transmogging BoA's.

Seems you were just parroting off what you think Blizzard stands. Basically pointing out the obvious. Sure am glad we have people such as yourself to help out.

Oh wait, I must be trolling you still...
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Strange, I am not sure where you advocate for transmogging BoA's.

Pucifer, I know you have your agenda against me, but please at least read the thread.

Yeah, I advocate for opening them up a lot more, if not fully.

- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924143567#12 (created/edited before any of your posts in this thread)
Edited by Snowfox on 2/18/2013 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]