Why no more heirloom transmogs?

67 Human Mage
They are still fairly restrictive about xmogs, and this was a way of circumventing restrictions.

If the situation were such that players could wear other armor types, or legendaries, or white items, etc... this situation might be different.

However, xmogs are currently not very free and flexible. They are still restrictive.

And your point?

As others have said there doesn't seem to be any logic behind this thinking. There is no bonus or gain from circumventing the restrictions. Was there?

Nothing like blindly defending Blizzard?

I guess that is how one gets those green letters. Being a shill. Not from actually helping the community. Which it seems that is the point of those green letters in the first place.

Now lets hope they don't nerf Disc anymore. =} (I would hate to see you go off on a tirade once again).

I do hope you are a child.

It should be embarrassing if it proves to be an adult who chooses to be so nasty and attack those who disagree with them. In my mind, I can half justify kids as not having enough experience to understand just how self-centered and immature they are acting, but it is disheartening when adults have to lower themselves to ripping others who just do not see things the same way they do.

I guess I am just getting tired of all the bullies here who think emotional intimidation equates to being right...and some of them sure do NEED to be right.

Edited to point out that you were viciously trolling someone who was agreeing with you, as well.

Have to laugh while shaking my head.
Edited by Anonymia on 2/18/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Wait... what?!

edit, oh misleading title.
Edited by Palastorm on 2/18/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
67 Human Mage
02/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Pucifer
That's a great flaming troll, and I'mma let you finish, but...

Troll? No. You seem to confuse troll with those who disagree with you. Don't you worry though, many seem to make that same mistake.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Response:
Nah....that was trolling in the fast lane, dude. Like.....BIG TIME TROLLING. Mean, raging trolling........ AND he was AGREEING with you (Duh!)
----------------------------------------------------------------

SAID I ADVOCATED OPENING UP XMOGS.

They are still fairly restrictive about xmogs, and this was a way of circumventing restrictions.

If the situation were such that players could wear other armor types, or legendaries, or white items, etc... this situation might be different.

However, xmogs are currently not very free and flexible. They are still restrictive.

Strange, I am not sure where you advocate for transmogging BoA's.

Seems you were just parroting off what you think Blizzard stands. Basically pointing out the obvious. Sure am glad we have people such as yourself to help out.

Oh wait, I must be trolling you still...

--------------------------------------------
Response:
Congrats! You are improving. You recognized it this time.
Well done!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/18/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Kekkipop
If it wasn't intended for heirlooms to be transmoggable by higher level characters, it shouldn't have been an option when the transmogging first came out. It's kind of mean to give players something fun and then take it away.

IIRC it was only a bug that allowed higher level characters to transmog and then mail heirlooms without losing the mogged appearance - IE, it was never intended to happen, so they didn't mean to put it in and then take it out.

That aside, I totally support the return of the ability to mog and then mail heirlooms. It doesn't hurt anyone and it adds a lot of fun to low level 'mogging.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/18/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Qaen
A level one mage shouldn't be in high level heroic warlock tier.

Level one mages are already using level 60 dungeon set one gear. That's what Dreadmist is.

That point is moot.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/18/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Qaen
A level one mage shouldn't be in high level heroic warlock tier.

Why not?
Most of the tiers have a ton of model overlap in non-class-specific items, so it's not like a mage can't already look like a warlock or a priest if they want to. Most of the heirlooms that level 1's wear also look like relatively high level gear, so I fail to see why it's such a bad thing to expand our options when they have zero effect on gameplay.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Most of the heirlooms that level 1's wear also look like relatively high level gear, so I fail to see why it's such a bad thing to expand our options when they have zero effect on gameplay.

Agreed! Transmogging is just cosmetic.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Fun isn't allowed in WoW
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
i could swear back in like wrath when i got mine from the tournament..it said something about if you enchant this item it will become soulbound or something like that..tied to that char..
heck that was so long ago it may have been about the ilvl stuff..
i just remember there was some warning about enchanting them..

I can almost promise that the warning you saw was that the heirloom would become Non-Refundable if you enchanted it...which they do. But they continue to remain BoA. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/18/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Sekaah
i'm still kind of new to all this transmog stuff..

You may find this thread helpful: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657443678
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Which is rather sad, to be honest. There is so much potential with transmogs but there are far too many needless restrictions.

Yeah, I advocate for opening them up a lot more, if not fully.

However I think Blizzard's artistic-vision thing is still stopping them.

Well, we don't want to hurt the art team's feelings.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Yeah, I advocate for opening them up a lot more, if not fully.

However I think Blizzard's artistic-vision thing is still stopping them.

Well, we don't want to hurt the art team's feelings.

It's the same reason we can't make our shoulders invisible and don't have armor dyes.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but at least they are consistent in their policy.
Edited by Snowfox on 2/18/2013 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I have to agree, it is purely cosmetic... it's not like I am handing my level one toon a 90 heroic.
It looks pretty, I enjoy it myself... wish Blizz would allow it, but as many others said. Blizzard seems to have a mad-on against fun.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I have to agree, it is purely cosmetic... it's not like I am handing my level one toon a 90 heroic.
It looks pretty, I enjoy it myself... wish Blizz would allow it, but as many others said. Blizzard seems to have a mad-on against fun.

I think they do too. I used to play Lotro for a few years and what I loved best about it was the wardrobe system - you could mix and match any armour types, dye them and any of your characters could access it from the wardrobe. Plus, you had several outfit *slots* on your character pane - you could switch as the mood struck you. Really wish we could have something more like that here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/18/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Snowfox
I don't necessarily agree with it, but at least they are consistent in their policy.

With this policy perhaps (so far).

But the reality is that Blizzard has already swayed many times from a "concrete answer".

I mean they said we could never have a Ally and Horde toon on the same server. They said we could never transfer toons. They said no respects unless there is major changes to your class...and so on.

Reality is they have caved on numerous occasions on things they said would never be changed. Perhaps this is one of those as well.

But honestly as much as I would be for them just returning to the "unintended approach". Seems to me this would be low on the list of...

Things to retain or return customers to the game. Which is usually the case when they shift from a FIRM NO. To a..."Now you can have this thing you might have wanted".
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/18/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Snowfox
It's the same reason we can't make our shoulders invisible and don't have armor dyes.

Yes on the shoulders, incorrect on the armor dyes.

They would have to add a new armor skin for every possible color for every possible armor piece that exists in the game.

I don't even want to think of the bloat that would cause. Our WoW directories would jump from 30gb to 80gb or more in a single patch.

The game was not built to accomodate much customization. The base game code is too entrenched to change at this late stage in the game.
Reply Quote
19 Human Priest
The game was not built to accomodate much customization. The base game code is too entrenched to change at this late stage in the game.

This is sort of beyond the point of this thread. When transmogging first came out, you could transmog your boas on a high level character and then send the boas to a low level character. So it was available. But Blizzard took it out later. Maybe with the relaxing they've been doing lately on boa restrictions, this might be something they could put back in?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/19/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Laurasia
So it was available.

It was a bug. They said from the moment they announced the feature in a blog post that mailing heirlooms would wipe their transmogrifications. It wasn't taken out, it was fixed. You just happened to like it better when it was broken.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Only thing i can think of, other than the vanity reasons for them removing this, is that it caused actual bugs with the items, in some way. I did it a couple times myself, loved being able to, and I wish they'd bring it back, but if it caused game crashes or interface derps, then I can understand why it was removed. As stated already, the fact that most items are really all that unique, or 'class limited' do to random raid drops or recolors, there is no point for them to limit the trasmog options for BoAs. The fact we can transmog them at all is nice, but while leveling, you don't find too many matching armor sets that look that good (at least I've yet to find any).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/18/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Bronnfire
Legendaries should be valuable and cause heads to turn in town when they are current, but once their current-status has passed, they start becoming available to more people and the transmog restriction should be lifted because they are no longer as important.

I would rather see a system that would allow you to upgrade legendaries to current standards rather than allow them to be mogged
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]