Blizzards rootkit

90 Troll Warlock
What rootkit? What tracer?

How about some specificity instead of vague claims that may or may not be true?

Perfectly legitimate parts of WoW have been flagged as "viruses" by certain programs - known as false positives - for years now.

I remember when anti-virus classified my Warcraft 3.exe as virus then delete it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Just upgraded and ran Spybot S&D 1.6.2.

Nothing.

Ditto with an AVG scan with Anti-Rootkit active.
While I agree it's probably something on the OPs end, using avg is like using nothing at all. I mean really it creates fake viruses just to convince you to keep it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
ya know-just forget it,too much negativity.Dream on
Reply Quote
19 Tauren Druid
02/18/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Beradi
ya know,this kind of infantile response gets everyonr nowhere,If anyones a moron,you show the way. tyvm

What are you complaining about? Most of the posts in the thread just say that people are seeing nothing. That's not infantile, that's showing a trend. You may possibly have a rootkit and it may possibly not be from Blizzard. You need to do some more checking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/18/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Beradi
ya know-just forget it,too much negativity.Dream on

You have a rootkit. Nobody else has a rootkit, unless you count Warden. I wouldn't dismiss this so lightly; it seems likely that you've been hacked.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Just upgraded and ran Spybot S&D 1.6.2.

Nothing.

Ditto with an AVG scan with Anti-Rootkit active.
While I agree it's probably something on the OPs end, using avg is like using nothing at all. I mean really it creates fake viruses just to convince you to keep it.

While this is not the time or place to debate anti-virus programs, the latest versions of AVG have gotten better reviews from sites such as CNet.com and PCMag.com, amongst others, than the older ones.

Point here is that it didn't "create" a virus or false positive in this case, and if the OP is the only one registering such, he's probably got a rootkit, and ought to investigate further.

And drop his attitude...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
As much as it pains me to say it, I incorrectly identified the anti-virus I use as AVG,I was wrong...sue me,I use Avira. Futhermore,to be clear,the rootkit was also discovered by Super Antii-spyware,and not Spybot S&D,as I erroneously said .These issues were NOT present until the time of the last update. "Be Good"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]