So they already screwed with...

90 Human Priest
the rest of my toolkit.

Now:

We have heard some concerns that Atonement damage is higher than intended, so we are checking that out, but no changes to announce yet.

Aren't these the kind of changes you make between expansions? Not tiers???

Just stop.

Freaking, Fracking, Fricking, STOP MESSING WITH IT.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Tuning adjustments? No, that's what usually happens between patches.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/20/2013 12:56 AMPosted by Eldil
but no changes to announce yet.

It doesn't seem likely they'll nerf the healing from Atonement. The damage may, though. The sky isn't falling, take a deep breath, calm down...

@Anarri: the spell priorities are changing in ways that that will change the playstyle for many priests. Changing the mastery of a spec and the mechanics of a primary aoe heal isn't just tuning.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
@Anarri: the spell priorities are changing in ways that that will change the playstyle for many priests. Changing the mastery of a spec and the mechanics of a primary aoe heal isn't just tuning.

I was referring to the possibility of a reduction in Atonement's damage. I just thought it was funny that he commented on the magnitude of the change, while this particular change isn't nearly as extraordinary as the others.

Just poking a bit of fun ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/20/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Anarri

I was referring to the possibility of a reduction in Atonement's damage. I just thought it was funny that he commented on the magnitude of the change, while this particular change isn't nearly as extraordinary as the others.

Just poking a bit of fun ;)

Well, in fairness, unless they change how Atonement works, reducing damage means our healing is reduced. This is a nightmare for those of us who are looking at Atonement as our next go-to spell now that PoH is rendered semi-ineffective.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/20/2013 01:17 AMPosted by Tiriél
Well, in fairness, unless they change how Atonement works, reducing damage means our healing is reduced.

It's still just a tuning adjustment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/20/2013 01:23 AMPosted by Anarri
Well, in fairness, unless they change how Atonement works, reducing damage means our healing is reduced.

It's still just a tuning adjustment.

As Evry pointed out, it may be a "tuning adjustment" to you, but we're undergoing massive changes at the moment. It's more than just "tuning" at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
woah, let's all calm down. I get what you meant now Anarri. Yeah it would be a small tuning adjustment. Came across to me that you meant his other ramblings :P

now, back to our scheduled programming: "OH GOD OH GOD THE SKY IS FALLING"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tony, seriously, are you incapable of entering a thread you disagree with without engaging in namecalling and insults?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
but no changes to announce yet.

It doesn't seem likely they'll nerf the healing from Atonement. The damage may, though. The sky isn't falling, take a deep breath, calm down...

EXACTLY.

It's the DPS they are looking at. There have been lots of complaints about atonement but it's not the healing it does, it's the dps that it provides a raid while also healing. The sheer amount of dps it provides needs a very large nerf. Very large...something like 50%-75% nerf. But the healing numbers are fine, if they could just nerf the dps and leave the healing it would be fine.

I suspect this is what they're looking at.
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/20/2013 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Nobody said the sky was falling.

What I said was to stop messing with things.

Disc priests haven't been "right" since the beginning of MoP. They've fiddled with things on many, many occasions and I'm sick and tired of it.

Do the minimum necessary to make people stop whining about things being overpowered then just leave it alone already.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:37 AMPosted by Tonydanza

EXACTLY.

It's the DPS they are looking at. There have been lots of complaints about atonement but it's not the healing it does, it's the dps that it provides a raid while also healing. The sheer amount of dps it provides needs a very large nerf. Very large...something like 50%-75% nerf. But the healing numbers are fine, if they could just nerf the dps and leave the healing it would be fine.

I suspect this is what they're looking at.

You do know how Atonement works right?

Because reading this post I don't think you do.
Reply Quote
You do know how Atonement works right?

Because reading this post I don't think you do

Because it would not at all be possible to make the modifier for damage->healing a higher percentage to make up for the damage decrease, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would be great if someone started a PTR change thread to discuss priests. That way all of these discussions could be in one place.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Sadiemay
Would be great if someone started a PTR change thread to discuss priests. That way all of these discussions could be in one place.

Would never happen and you know it. :P We are all special little snowflakes whose thoughts must be shared via their very own thread, not buried in another amongst the rabble. ;)
Edited by Morenn on 2/20/2013 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Penance was buffed by 20%.

Then added to Evangelism, giving it another 20% boost (to healing).

Then given at least a 16% boost to healing through mastery, likely to be closer to an average of 25%.

Meaning offensive Penance is already doing 20% more damage, at least 36% more Atonement healing, and healing for probably close to 65% more than it currently does on live.

Not to mention the mastery change means ALL Atonement healing will be doing close to an average of 25% more healing in general.

If they decide to scale back the damage of Penance, Smite, Holy Fire and Power Word: Solace by 15%, we are still coming out ahead of what's on live.

This is actually a rather necessary change in the face of the mastery buff and probably still won't hurt Atonement in the least.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Disc has a target on it's back right now.

It will be weak coming out of the gate for 5.2, much like it was in 5.0. In 5.3 Disc will be on par again. There will probably be large shifts from disc -> holy in 5.2 (again, much like 5.0).
Reply Quote
Disc has a target on it's back right now.

It will be weak coming out of the gate for 5.2, much like it was in 5.0. In 5.3 Disc will be on par again. There will probably be large shifts from disc -> holy in 5.2 (again, much like 5.0).

Er, have you done any testing on PTR as disc? We are not weak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]