So they already screwed with...

You do know how Atonement works right?

Because reading this post I don't think you do

Because it would not at all be possible to make the modifier for damage->healing a higher percentage to make up for the damage decrease, right?

That^^^

I like disc, but I definitely agree that even how it is on live the damage from atonement is too high, it would be even higher if not adjusted from how it is on ptr...they need to add a modifier and bring that damage down, not a HUGE amount but some. If it stayed at the same amount of damage it's doing right now it would be ok but it doesn't need to increase.
Edited by Feyranna on 2/21/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
the rest of my toolkit.

Now:

We have heard some concerns that Atonement damage is higher than intended, so we are checking that out, but no changes to announce yet.

Aren't these the kind of changes you make between expansions? Not tiers???

Just stop.

Freaking, Fracking, Fricking, STOP MESSING WITH IT.

Welcome to your first WoW patch I guess.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/20/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Morenn
Er, have you done any testing on PTR as disc? We are not weak.

Have you? Because I would honestly like to know how these are playing out on the PTR. I have no time/guild isn't doing PTR testing this time, but judging from the streams of the 25m testing, the Disc priests are very very low. Again, just from what I've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/21/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Drbigblunts
Have you? Because I would honestly like to know how these are playing out on the PTR. I have no time/guild isn't doing PTR testing this time, but judging from the streams of the 25m testing, the Disc priests are very very low. Again, just from what I've seen.

I realize this is mostly a pve discussion, and I haven't been on the PTR personally, but I've been reading a lot about healing priest pvp and top ranked players seem to agree priests will be pretty great. I'm psyched about that at least.

I do sympathize with what looks like a potentially dramatic playstyle change for pve though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/20/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Zasshu
t will be weak coming out of the gate for 5.2

No.

There will probably be large shifts from disc -> holy in 5.2

No.

much like 5.0

No.

02/20/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Morenn
We are not weak.

Yes.

If anything Disc needs additional nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
You do know how Atonement works right?

Because reading this post I don't think you do

Because it would not at all be possible to make the modifier for damage->healing a higher percentage to make up for the damage decrease, right?

...did you miss the post a while back about something akin to half atonement damage, healing from atonement at 200% of damage dealt..?

Also, it honestly just comes off sounding like the damage portion is bugged on ptr. That's it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]