LFR suggestion - Award MORE valor on 2nd run

41 Troll Warrior
I would be more inclined to run LFR a second time during the week if the Valor reward was greater than it is now.

Please consider awarding the same amount of valor no matter how many times we run the content or MORE for subsequent completed runs after the first.

This might actually help lower queues and curb the complaints of those who have to run twice because they got dumped into a 2/3 completed run after 45 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'd just perma-queue for the front 3 of MSV.
Reply Quote
41 Troll Warrior
Good point.

"You may earn this reward x times this week." Per LFR segment.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Pft.. if they did that, they better reward more valor per boss in normal/heroic raids too.

And tbh LFR complaints will continue, no matter what Blizz does. You can't win there people will complain that the bosses don't just hand them everything on the first kill. What makes you think the complaints will stop with more valor on subsequent runs?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
valor doesnt need to be even easier to get
Reply Quote
41 Troll Warrior
02/14/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Waraila
What makes you think the complaints will stop with more valor on subsequent runs?

45 valor is a small enough amount that I wouldn't and usually don't finish a LFR if all I need is the first boss. More valor would give me more of an incentive to complete the run, which ultimately leads to less people getting dropped into a partial run and maybe less complaining overall.

For subsequent runs, my thought is just that queue times seem to get longer as the week goes on because there is no reason for anyone to run the content twice. I would at least consider running a second time to cap valor if the option existed.
Edited by Hauthorn on 2/14/2013 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For subsequent runs, my thought is just that queue times seem to get longer as the week goes on because there is no reason for anyone to run the content twice. I would at least consider running a second time to cap valor if the option existed.

Given that valor can be obtained through 5 mans and other methods... there is still no incentive for people to run LFR. It's boring, and when people don't get their loot drop they just give up and go do something else.

You have to remember. People are in LFR for loot... not valor. It's all it is for apparently according to the vast majority of those who run it.
Edited by Waraila on 2/14/2013 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
02/14/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Postonforums

I'd have to disagree with this one. I think I speak for most raiders when I say, if Blizzard offered us a way to VP cap faster, it would be a gain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2013 03:21 AMPosted by Attackknight

I'd have to disagree with this one. I think I speak for most raiders when I say, if Blizzard offered us a way to VP cap faster, it would be a gain.

I'm VP capped by Wednesday. So I'm going to have to agree with Post on this one, VP doesnt need to be any easier to get.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
Not every raider caps by Wednesday though; I often see on Monday runs last minute VP cappers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not saying every raider caps by Wednesday, just saying its certainly possible and easy to do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
02/15/2013 04:16 AMPosted by Typan
I'm not saying every raider caps by Wednesday, just saying its certainly possible and easy to do.

I don't see how making VP longer to cap though benefits raiders.

- It does not test skill; just a time sink
- The majority of raiders do not enjoy doing it nor the dailies
- LFR could benefit from the presence of a few more raiders

I just don't see how this is a bad thing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
02/14/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Hyjinx
I'd just perma-queue for the front 3 of MSV.

Ditto. MSV 1 is the only LFR I complete every week right now because I can pretty much just stand in place and use Circle of Healing on cd while I read in another window. If I could get the same amount of valor for subsequent runs, I would just cap in one night by running MSV 1 on repeat while I finish a novel.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/14/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Hauthorn
This might actually help lower queues

How does having more people in line lower queues? It's waiting for a specific role (most often healers and tanks) that makes queue times go up, not simply having few people in queue.

If it were just # of people in line, I would have longer waits when queueing on Monday than on Tuesday.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/14/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Postonforums

But it does need to be less time consuming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]