New Disc Priest Mechanics Announced On PTR!

90 Undead Priest
02/26/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Dysrhythmia
IIRC they were leaning towards less burst AoE in t15, can't remember where I read that though.

The Hydra fight looks like a non-stop AOE fest. And of course all heroic 25man raids will be 90% AoE healing with the occasional heavy tank healing thrown in here or there.
90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Poena
I require Crits from G.Heal

That's a problem with Inner Focus, not with the DA change.
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/26/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Poena
The final 4 Challenges modes I need will likely need to be healed by someone else

One wonders how any other healer could possibly keep a tank alive in challenge modes, given they are currently putting up only 200% crits, as opposed to your current 200% plus DA.
90 Undead Priest
02/26/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Taymage
The final 4 Challenges modes I need will likely need to be healed by someone else

One wonders how any other healer could possibly keep a tank alive in challenge modes, given they are currently putting up only 200% crits, as opposed to your current 200% plus DA.

Why are you so angry with our current class mechanics?
90 Undead Priest
02/26/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Evry
I require Crits from G.Heal

What's going on with Inner Focus?
90 Blood Elf Priest

Maybe it's because every other healer's non-crit heals gains a mastery bonus while ours doesn't? Our non-crit heals are at 100% while everyone else is 100% plus more from mastery.

Also I was thinking,

What if Divine Aegis was merged into our mastery? Something along the lines of.....

Mastery-Divine Aegis: Increases your healing and the absorption from PW:S by X% and causes your critical heals to shield the target for 10% of the original heal.

That way we could retain our 200% raw healing crits and DA is severely reduced but scales with mastery.
Edited by Senari on 2/26/2013 4:42 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Darthsiddeus

Well, it will be following the same pattern as the other crits we get. Unless they change it at the last moment.
90 Night Elf Priest
02/26/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Senari
Maybe it's because every other healer's non-crit heals gains a mastery bonus while ours doesn't? Our non-crit heals are at 100% while everyone else is 100% plus more from mastery.

Moot point. Ours will benefit from Mastery in 5.2.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Elethia

It wasn't moot in regards to what Taymage was saying....
90 Undead Priest

Well, it will be following the same pattern as the other crits we get. Unless they change it at the last moment.

Okay, I see now. I thought for some reason Inner Focus was being changed too. I couldn't find any reference to it in the patch notes.

Come 5.2 we're going to need a better way of tracking the size of our DA......
90 Night Elf Priest

Er, yes, it is, because he was directly responding to someone saying, "The final 4 Challenges modes I need will likely need to be healed by someone else". It was a direct reference to 5.2 and the expectation that they won't be doing well.

So, yes, completely moot point.

This is pretty much what just happened:

Poena: The final 4 Challenges modes I need will likely need to be healed by someone else

Tay: One wonders how any other healer could possibly keep a tank alive in challenge modes, given they are currently putting up only 200% crits, as opposed to your current 200% plus DA. [implication: our healing will be roughly equal to other healers as of 5.2]

You: They gain Mastery on non-crits.

Me: Yeah, just like we will in 5.2, meaning Poena is just Chicken Littling.
Edited by Elethia on 2/26/2013 5:00 PM PST
02/26/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Senari

Also I was thinking,

What if Divine Aegis was merged into our mastery? Something along the lines of.....

Mastery-Divine Aegis: Increases your healing and the absorption from PW:S by X% and causes your critical heals to shield the target for 10% of the original heal.

That way we could retain our 200% raw healing crits and DA is severely reduced but scales with mastery.

Our mastery in 5.2 does affect all heals, just like every other healer.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with having 200% raw healing crits PLUS additional Divine Aegis shields. Your suggested change would cripple Divine Aegis, unless it scaled very very well, in which case we once again have the case where Disc is seeing way bigger crits than any other healer.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Er, yes, it is, because he was directly responding to someone saying, "The final 4 Challenges modes I need will likely need to be healed by someone else".

Not only that, but he specified Crits.

So, yes, completely moot point.

Again it wasn't. This topic has a been a large part of this thread's discussion throughout. If you go back a page you'll see Taymage say:

So you are pissed that you aren't getting a massive, ridiculously and embarrassingly OP heal + bubble on your crits, the size of which is 1.5 times larger than all other healers' crits.

Ok then.

Kaels and Darthsiddeus go on to explain to Taymage that the fact that our crit-heals were stronger than other healers was balanced by the fact that our normal heals were weaker.
90 Night Elf Priest
And now our normal heals benefit from Mastery. So, yes, what Poena is saying is wrong.

Tay has also pointed out at least a few times that we benefit from Mastery. Don't you think perhaps he's saying what he is bearing that in mind?
Edited by Elethia on 2/26/2013 5:06 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Elethia
And now our normal heals benefit from Mastery. So, yes, what Poena is saying is wrong.

I don't care what Poena said. I was chiming in to a larger debate on why our current Mastery is balanced.
90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Darthsiddeus

To elaborate, IF is losing a good chunk of its use in 5.2. I would guess the heal part is more important for most disc players than the absorb. Now that it only applies DA, it's kind of a gimped Spirit shell (on a 15s shorter cd) or PW:S with a heal. Not completely useless but Not-Very-Interesting.
Edited by Evry on 2/26/2013 5:17 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
02/26/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Senari

I don't care what Poena said. I was chiming in to a larger debate on why our current Mastery is balanced.

Taymage was specifically responding to Poena, and what he said wasn't wrong. If you want to chime in on that debate, do so with a post that's actually referring to it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Elethia

Taymage was specifically responding to Poena, and what he said wasn't wrong. If you want to chime in on that debate, do so with a post that's actually referring to it.

He quoted Poena, his statement:

One wonders how any other healer could possibly keep a tank alive in challenge modes, given they are currently putting up only 200% crits, as opposed to your current 200% plus DA

....Was in reference to a much larger debate of how our heals function in comparison to other healers and their Mastery.
90 Undead Priest

One would if they were an idiot like yourself.

An intelligent person would see that every class has a bonus on their crit and a bonus on every heal. The only class without said bonus is a monk... but lets face it, their single target healing has the ability to do incredible burst.
Edited by Poena on 2/26/2013 5:52 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
You: They gain Mastery on non-crits.

Me: Yeah, just like we will in 5.2,

Except they crit heal and we don't. See the difference?

What he said was absolutely wrong. He said that other healers don't get more than 200% from a crit when all healers but a monk do thanks to their mastery.

He is literally comparing us + our mastery to other healers without their mastery... it's kind of insane.
Edited by Poena on 2/26/2013 5:54 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]