What happened to stealth?

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Let me preface this with I played a rogue during vanilla WoW and stopped after BC launched and just picked up the class again with MoP.

What happened to abilities like multi-shot, chain lighting etc. not breaking stealth if the player couldn't see you? Seems like I get anywhere near a player in a BG, stealth is going to get broken by some broken AoE mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Welcome to rogue, enjoy the stay while it lasts.
Edited by Sneaknaround on 2/16/2013 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Stealth isn't fair. When you stealth, you become invisible to the people around you. In order to balance the game every class needs a viable method of unstealthing you. I'm surprised monks don't have a flare ability yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Things that break stealth that need to go:

Roots that deal 0 damage, ala Narrow Escape, Earthgrap Totem, Void Tendrils, and probably Mass Entanglement but lol who takes that.

Random AoE damage Multi Shot, Chain Lightning, HOWLING "50 YARD RANGE" BLAST, any cleave IF the attacker cannot see you, Consecration and Death and Decay for the initial tick, ect.

Destro Locks Rain of Fire, possibly all AoE, but defiantly Destro's Rain of Fire.
Edited by Hassen on 2/16/2013 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hunters lvl 90 talent Barrade also breaks stealth. Tested it out, Dueled a hunter in durotar,

I stealthed next to the boar, he targeted boar, used barrade, next thing i know Im taking 40-50k dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hunters lvl 90 talent Barrade also breaks stealth. Tested it out, Dueled a hunter in durotar,

I stealthed next to the boar, he targeted boar, used barrade, next thing i know Im taking 40-50k dmg.

People take barrage? But seriously it seems like blizzard is updating everything but stealth. In vanilla it was ok to get hit out of stealth by any random aoe because it was predictable circle and very limited. Now with every new damn aoe has all these flashy animations and in some cases strange paths/affect area.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm pretty sure walking breaks stealth nowadays
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
They are nerfing Halo breaking stealth in 5.2 as well as I believe starfall as well too. You are far past the days of being shouted of stealth by warriors and such, hit that stealth button and enjoy it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/16/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Relapse

Only if you take Subterfuge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I dont know what the talent is called but paladins also have a talent, that looks like a chain heal. It can also break stealth.

Pallys can target there allys or enemies, use the ability and it will chain hit you aswell. Its ridiculous.
Edited by Kãhn on 2/16/2013 11:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Human Rogue

Yeah you mentioned yesterday re: Shadow Focus vs Subterfuge that Subterfuge is "buggy as hell." I decided to try it out on my "pve" subtlety spec per the sticky in this forum. Besides not having any problems (edit: so far, in dungeons...), I also discovered that it basically gives me 2 openers on elite mobs: say, Premeditated Cheap Shot into Eviscerate into Garrote -- that mob isn't doing ANYTHING before it's dead. Could you please comment some more on your experiences with Subterfuge?
Edited by Andranael on 2/17/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I took a 2 month break. Before that, Subterfuge did randomly break sometimes. In fact, Stealth was breaking too. Without Subterfuge.
But, since I've been back, I haven't had any issues with Stealth in general. Aside from the crazy AOE that's out there.

02/16/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Acidfxx
They are nerfing Halo breaking stealth in 5.2 as well as I believe starfall as well too. You are far past the days of being shouted of stealth by warriors and such, hit that stealth button and enjoy it!

Can't wait for 5.2!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/17/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Andranael
Could you please comment some more on your experiences with Subterfuge?

It has a tendency to drop you out of stealth randomly when changing zones, gaining buffs or receiving healing from other players.
I'll admit it's been quite a while since I've looked at it though. I do remember someone, on here, reporting that it was still happening to them a few days ago though.
Edited by Kiljagen on 2/17/2013 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/16/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Relapse

02/16/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Kiljagen

did they manage to fix that in the upcoming patch??? don't remember seeing on the patch notes
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Don't forget-
a warlocks Imp swarm (from glyph) will follow and attack you after you vanish
The warrior glyph of crow feast--the raven will follow you around for a good 5 min while you are vanish/stealth

i'm sure the other Glyph effects will bug out stealth also. O.o
Reply Quote
Hey, It's this thread again.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Vanilla AoE had very limited range, and was predictable. At one point they did nerf things like chain lightning, multi shot, ETC so that you would not get knocked out by them if you were not directly targeted.

For what ever reason, blizzard broke stealth and has not even given a damn about fixing it.

I dont think blizzard cares much about wow any more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]