Advise for Will of the Emperor 10m

90 Troll Druid
Finally downed Elegon tonight and moved onto Will of the Emperor. We got him to around 5% several times but we always wiped. We died on the fourth Titan gas every time and we even tried 3 healing it. (co healers are Resto Shaman and Disc Priest) Even with Spirit Shell, Barrier, Tranquility, and Healing tide we couldn't heal through the fourth Titan Gas long enough to survive. Is this a dps problem where we are supposed to kill the boss before the fourth Titan Gas? Or is it a healing issue?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I believe the fourth Titan Gas is a soft enrage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It is.

It you're not killing him, it's almost certainly that the dps aren't effectively slowing the adds which need to be slowed, and prioritizing the adds at all times.

Bosses die super easily if the dps... uh... ignores them in order to take care of the adds properly ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It is.

It you're not killing him, it's almost certainly that the dps aren't effectively slowing the adds which need to be slowed, and prioritizing the adds at all times.

Bosses die super easily if the dps... uh... ignores them in order to take care of the adds properly ;)

Well, probably only if the tanks are dancing correctly.

Then again, if they're not, I'm not sure how the tanks are surviving. >.> I can't heal through it, anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think we've ever seen more than 2 titan gas. If you're getting to 4, you definitely have a major DPS issue. I don't know if it's intended to be a soft enrage, but I do know that the fight is going on too damn long.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/17/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Kaels
I don't think we've ever seen more than 2 titan gas. If you're getting to 4, you definitely have a major DPS issue. I don't know if it's intended to be a soft enrage, but I do know that the fight is going on too damn long.

yeah, when the 4th Titan Gas happens, it... doesn't go away until you die, or you win.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
And the titan gas on Normal hits harder than it does on Heroic, so a 4th gas is a death sentence for a guild working on Normals.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 01:49 AMPosted by Ellarix

yeah, when the 4th Titan Gas happens, it... doesn't go away until you die, or you win.

Hm, that actually sounds like fun. The rest of that fight is a snoozefest aside from the intermittent heart attacks when tanks try to die.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/17/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Kaels
Hm, that actually sounds like fun. The rest of that fight is a snoozefest aside from the intermittent heart attacks when tanks try to die.

Set it to heroic, then the titan gas never goes away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
02/17/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Sadiemay

That involves killing the first five on heroic first. And doing heroic spirit kings is a torture I wouldn't wish on my enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
If DPS does their CC/soaking correctly, heroic is even more boring for a healer. =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2 tanks, 6 dps, and 2 healers is all that is needed. that will make up for the that extra 5% and down the boss without reaching the 4th titan gas (soft enrage). if the tanks can dance, there shouldn't be any unexpected spike damage, the tanks will need to use a CD rotation to help mitigate their damage. They can be one healed, allowing the other healer to concentrate on the raid healing. The tank healer can spot heal as needed. DPS needs to prioritize the adds and make quick work on them especially melee so they can dance and get the dps 500k hit buff on the bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ya we only tried 3 healing after several wipes 2 healing but we are hitting the 4th titan gas every time and once our cd's end we just cant heal through it and we wipe. We have 2 melee dps but they have issues dancing so they aren't on the boss much. Tanks are dancing fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Trolljin
Ya we only tried 3 healing after several wipes 2 healing but we are hitting the 4th titan gas every time and once our cd's end we just cant heal through it and we wipe. We have 2 melee dps but they have issues dancing so they aren't on the boss much. Tanks are dancing fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.

If the tanks are dancing fine, the bosses would be going down. We 3 heal this fight.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/17/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Tiriél
If the tanks are dancing fine

Oh, that's right, the tanks and the melee who do the dance properly get an extra action button that lets them deal like 500K extra to the boss. They are probably failing at this mechanic.
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
02/17/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Trolljin

We put one melee on a boss full time. The other 5 dps can clean up adds without any issues, and the extra OP strikes, even if they aren't hitting them all, usually put the bosses down around the third gas phase. For reference, the other tank and I rarely miss one between us, but our melee usually only gets half of the dances right. He's just also doing his otherwise decent dps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thanks for the advice guys, we finally downed will, albeit by the skin of our teeth. We had one melee stay on the boss full time and he was able to get a couple OP strikes and I think that combined with his dps (he's a frost dk and our top dps) it was enough. We still got to the 4th titan gas but we downed him with 6 people still alive.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
02/17/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Moret
That involves killing the first five on heroic first. And doing heroic spirit kings is a torture I wouldn't wish on my enemies.
Heroic Spirit Kings is literally the 2nd easiest heroic in the instance in terms of gear required, after Stone Guards.

Seriously, it ceased being an annoying fight (an annoyance was all it ever was) when the order got hotfixed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
You ever tank it kanga? Its easy for anyone but the tank really. And beyond that its a frustrating boss to learn and isn't much fun until Qiang dies.

And if a guild is struggling on normal Will, I really doubt they'd find heroic kings as trivial as you want to make it seem.
Edited by Darpalta on 2/18/2013 1:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
y... wha? Tanking Spirit Kings is literally the easiest job ever. You call directions, it doesn't even have to be the right one half the time, just not the super-wrong one, and you hit things a lot.

I wasn't really addressing the OP though :P People stigmatized the H SK fight so much but literally 100% of its perceived difficulty was because of the requirement of fight resets. Honestly after the 2nd week fight resets weren't even necessary most likely; when we started pulling it we nearly had it on the fifth "real" attempt and got it the following week on Tuesday.

[e] P.S. Darp, you may know me better as Sparklefever, Kangarooster, or Hooves (take your pick)
Edited by Kangamooster on 2/18/2013 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]