Killing Spree: More annoying then ever?

100 Blood Elf Rogue
I just recently came back to WoW and I have to say that the new killing spree mechanic that puts to back where you started seems like a good idea at first; now after using it I realize its got me killed more times then it ever has in the past. Example: If I cast it right before the boss begins a frontal attack I have no control over being put back in front and basically being one-shot.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Combat spec in general seems like it was slapped together like a Frankenstein's monster this expansion, nothing really jives in a rotation like it used to, really hard for me to want to play it anymore.
Edited by Saucyslot on 2/17/2013 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't do it before a mechanic like that?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Use the glyph when you come up to a fight like the first boss in Shadopan Monastery, where a non-glyphed KS would otherwise put you somewhere that you can't get back from. Otherwise, keep it off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KS is so frustrating in PVP -__-. Devastating in the perfect situation but it makes me miserable when I catch some pet that is running away and do no damage to anybody.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
i have always felt a glyph that allowed you to just attack your current target even if others were in range would be awesome, it would make combat pretty viable for pvp :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/17/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Oshamacare
i have always felt a glyph that allowed you to just attack your current target even if others were in range would be awesome, it would make combat pretty viable for pvp :D

it would also have to have a damage reduction because it would be to powerful......
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

it would also have to have a damage reduction because it would be to powerful......

you're probably right but it's not like it would be anymore powerful than a lock hitting for 400k, or bm hunter's stampede, or a warrior's 1 shot macro.....

and ya i know they have all been nerfed but it would be fun while it lasted
Edited by Oshamacare on 2/17/2013 8:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

your probably right but its not it would be anymore powerful than a lock hitting for 400k, or bm hunter's stampede, or a warrior's 1 shot macro.....

and ya i know they have all been nerfed but it would be fun while it lasted

cus it requires almost no set up and cant be cced while doing besides a lucky disarm : / vs all thoose examples something can be done.

tho it would be pretty dam funny i use it n duel vs warriors sometimes and its entertaining :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
well using that glyph is pointless, but i do agree with the whole "spec slapped together from leftovers" portion of the OP.

They removed/NERFED HARD all the utility combat had in the past. They buffed killing spree, but that is really all they have done. I mean the dmg is nice from it, but removing all the fun pvp aspects of combat was a real downer.

for example, kick silence(mages losing theirs so ok fair enough, no roots/snares broken from sprint(dont even mention burst of speed because the root breaking effect is being removed in 5.2), our dodge rating (YES our fkn dodge is now 14% in top end gear as combat, down from over 35%, and it wont go up from gear, blizzard nerfed the dodge/crit gain from agil, not just the stats from gear), also deadly throw range / interupt spec (buffed for 3 combo point interupt in 5.2 but still fail range and fail 3 points needed for it), Nerfed our offhand dmg (used to have higher offhand / ranged weap dmg as combat), took away our poison mechanics via shiv (yes it effects all specs, but even so, it is a gay nerf.... shiving someoen with imp mind numbing doesnt apply crippling, not to mention that instant casts remove the 100% cast speed debuff when it isn't meant to)............

so with that rant, yay we have dmg....but they literally removed every fun combat mechanic that made the spec even semi viable when played by a seasoned veteran.

atm it is trinket + killing spree to win, not even the slightest bit of fun....im actually considering mutilate now for pvp as my main spec v.v
Edited by Emoshankz on 2/17/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]